What parts constitute a FBO car?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My apologies if I missed it during a search, but what parts constitute a FBO car? So far, my 2019 Bullitt has the following bolt-ons:

LT headers, high flow cats, x-pipe and factory AE
Lund nGauge with 93, Flex and E85R tunes
Steeda Tri-ax race shifter and Whiteline transmission bushing insert
Steeda motor mounts and ds safety loop
Steeda differential bushings (black with through bolt kit), differential support bracket, STH kit, subframe alignment kit, subframe bushing support kit, RLCA spherical bearing, vertical links (with delrin bushings) and low profile jacking rails

I listed everything on my car (especially suspension components), because I do feel that they help put the power to the ground more effectively, which should aid in better performance vs. a car without them. Thanks
Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
To me a Mustang GT with full bolt ons has an aftermarket air intake, ported throttle body and ported intake manifold or higher flowing IM (i.e., GT350 on 2018 GT, or '18 IM on a 15-17 GT, etc.), tune (min for pump gas, but ideally for E85), long tube headers w/ high flow cats, and aftermarket catback exhaust.

A Bullitt wouldn't need all the intake stuff since it already has those upgrades from the factory.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
My apologies if I missed it during a search, but what parts constitute a FBO car? So far, my 2019 Bullitt has the following bolt-ons:

LT headers, high flow cats, x-pipe and factory AE
Lund nGauge with 93, Flex and E85R tunes
Steeda Tri-ax race shifter and Whiteline transmission bushing insert
Steeda motor mounts and ds safety loop
Steeda differential bushings (black with through bolt kit), differential support bracket, STH kit, subframe alignment kit, subframe bushing support kit, RLCA spherical bearing, vertical links (with delrin bushings) and low profile jacking rails

I listed everything on my car (especially suspension components), because I do feel that they help put the power to the ground more effectively, which should aid in better performance vs. a car without them. Thanks
"Full bolt on" isn't an absolute term by any means. In general it means you've got most or all of your exhaust/intake components from the aftermarket world with aftermarket tuning. That can often entail suspension (particularly these days) but it doesn't always. FBO mostly is referring to the engine being max effort without having been opened up for internal upgrades. Your car definitely qualifies :muscle: Boost is your next step.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
"Full bolt on" isn't an absolute term by any means. In general it means you've got most or all of your exhaust/intake components from the aftermarket world with aftermarket tuning. That can often entail suspension (particularly these days) but it doesn't always. FBO mostly is referring to the engine being max effort without having been opened up for internal upgrades. Your car definitely qualifies :muscle: Boost is your next step.
Trust me, I am tempted to squeeze more out of my car! I’m sure it will happen at some point; probably sooner rather than later too.

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Basically, every addition to the motor was a bolt on affair only. I/H/E, throttle body/carb, swapped heads (no porting), stock block. Nothing internal (ported heads, ported runners, pistons, etc.). No large power adders (Nitrous, supercharger, turbo charger)

Old school was engine alone, nothing to do with suspension or transmission as far as have full bolt-ons on your car.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yea.. FBO = whatever bolts onto the shortblock. Induction system/fuel system/heads/cams (for oHC engines/headers. nothing to do with suspension/trans.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yea.. FBO = whatever bolts onto the shortblock. Induction system/fuel system/heads/cams (for oHC engines/headers. nothing to do with suspension/trans.
I personally wouldn't consider heads and cam(s) bolt-ons. Most people that I've talked to usually consider bolt-ons as anything that bolts onto the longblock. Anything more is internal work.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I personally wouldn't consider heads and cam(s) bolt-ons. Most people that I've talked to usually consider bolt-ons as anything that bolts onto the longblock. Anything more is internal work.
Well I did a lot of coke in the 80's so my memory might be a tad askew. Haha.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
To me bolt ons was anything that didn’t disturb the original condition of the engine. Pullies bolt onto the motor. Headers bolt onto the motor. Etc. etc.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Ditto. Heads/cams are not classified as bolt ons. I agree with bolt ons being things that bolt onto the long blocks or things that bolt onto things that bolt onto the long blocks (i.e, throttle bodies, CAI, catback, etc). The exception are tunes, which I would classify in a similar vain to "bolt ons", even though there's nothing to actually bolt on with tunes.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Technically: FBO can be a lot of things.

In general conversation: Headers, Intake manifold, CAI, Full Exhaust.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Dude, you got to get one of these...I think you are pretty much there. Maybe cams can constitute a bolt on as well, but you pretty much nailed it.

s-l500.jpg

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

You don't have to remove the heads for DOHCs.
Sponsored