Sponsored

What other elements will I need to match these Aerospace brake kits?

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I wondered the same thing but the no parking brake thing turned me off immediately. I was also wondering how the smaller front system would handle with our cars. Are we talking about a step up from the PP brakes or are we talking a downgrade but with weight savings.

Most of the guys running these seem to be hardcore drag racing guys. Haven't found anyone who uses these for road course racing or mainly street. Be good if someone made the leap :)

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I got the fronts and within 2 weeks put my PP brakes back on and ordered the Baer Eradispeed rotors instead. Not as much weight savings but at least my car stops. The Aerospace front brakes are a huge down grade in stopping force. They are enough to slow down from 1/4 miles passes or very casual street driving but emergency stops or any kind of sporty driving they are not safe enough for me. I will gladly sell the fronts with custom SS lines with only 200 miles on them if anyone is interested. Amazing weight savings (like 60lbs) but just not good enough for my street use. The rears I had ordered but when I found out about the no parking brake part I cancelled the order. If my car was a 1/4 mile beast only they would be great. Just not practical for aggressive street driving.

OP
OP
panic

panic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got the fronts and within 2 weeks put my PP brakes back on and ordered the Baer Eradispeed rotors instead. Not as much weight savings but at least my car stops. The Aerospace front brakes are a huge down grade in stopping force. They are enough to slow down from 1/4 miles passes or very casual street driving but emergency stops or any kind of sporty driving they are not safe enough for me. I will gladly sell the fronts with custom SS lines with only 200 miles on them if anyone is interested. Amazing weight savings (like 60lbs) but just not good enough for my street use. The rears I had ordered but when I found out about the no parking brake part I cancelled the order. If my car was a 1/4 mile beast only they would be great. Just not practical for aggressive street driving.
Thanks for your experienced comments, I think I'll go the Baer rotors way, thanks again.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I wondered the same thing but the no parking brake thing turned me off immediately. I was also wondering how the smaller front system would handle with our cars. Are we talking about a step up from the PP brakes or are we talking a downgrade but with weight savings.

Most of the guys running these seem to be hardcore drag racing guys. Haven't found anyone who uses these for road course racing or mainly street. Be good if someone made the leap :)
Was yours the 13" rotor version or something smaller?
Sponsored