Sponsored

What other cars did you consider?

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Ok, since I really want something different than another Mustang (I've had 3- 95, 14, 16 GT's), what other cars would you guys consider? I know a lot depends on your lifestyle, family, ect. But since I'm single and mostly straight open roads in my area, I'm leaning heavily towards a Challenger Scat Pack 1320 or maybe the widebody. I was just about ready to order one, but when I heard about the new Nissan Z, thought I better wait. IDK at this point, the cars are quite a bit different, but I think either would suit me pretty good. I've heard it could take 6 months to receive a Challenger right now and the Z should be out by then. I also thought about a Camaro SS, but the front end and tiny trunk are big minuses. I was also thinking about the Supra, but a little pricey and almost no options from the factory and boring colors and no cooled seat function.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I know what you are saying between the 2 seaters. The Supra is probably the better car and that motor has tons of potential, but just wish they offered some color for the interior and no cooled seats is a big concern as I use them all the time in my Mustang. I also don't really like any of their exterior colors. As for the Z, I thought about it being a new model, but it really isn't as the chassis for the 370 has been out for years and I hear it is very good and the twin turbo V6 from the infinity is also very stout and can handle up to 600hp easy without touching the internals. It sounds like it will come in some cool colors and have more options than the Supra too as well as a manual option and it should be priced several grand less than the Toyota. Although I have heard rumors of large ADM at first, but I'm sure that will pass within a few months and if not I will just go elsewhere as I refuse to pay more than MSRP.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Challenger scat pack widebody. Looked for a new 6M for months. Nowhere to be found. It was manual or nothing for me. And I didn't want used.

Noticed a new 2020 GT350 In transit on a local Ford dealership website. That had my interest.
As soon as it came in this March I bought that car.

Last edited:

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Slighly used M3/Hellcat/C7 Grandsport, new GR Supra was about it.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Lexus LC 500. I didn't like the grill. Excellent dealerships and service. No rattles. A lot of money and again I don't care for the grill.

Sponsored

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I traded in my 2019 Z06 for my 2020 GT500 which, was one of the toughest decisions. From a performance standpoint, they are identical (C7 has a faster 0-60) however the 1/4 mile and track are identical.

They both drive very different, oddly I found the GT500 to give me better feedback which was unexpected however, "feel" is subjective, so that was my feeling.

I honestly cannot say anything bad about the Z06 and I wish I was able to keep both as it was an amazing, fun, and fast car. However, deep down, I am a mustang guy and it was great having the opportunity to own the Z06.

What made me finally get the GT500? I will say hands down the transmission was the biggest factor with the better interior, the Z06 had a very generic interior, and lastly, I like the look of the GT500 a little better.

I will say that the Z06 did pull harder down low however, the top end of the GT500 is slightly better.
I am hoping to someday add a ZR-1 to the mix next to the GT500 (if possible).

It's amazing how far the GT500 has come from my 2010 Shelby GT500 all the way through the 2019 Mustang GT PP2 which had some incredible handling on the Cup2's.

Hats off Ford!

Before the GT500 the only other car I would have honestly considered was the ZR-1, the Z06 is that good and that tells you how good the GT500 is.

...still tough to think about to be honest as a car guy.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I was about to get a charger and while it was a bit roomer than the Mustang, it felt heavy when turning. After I got my Mustang a buddy of mine let me drive his for a few days since he went out of town. I was not pleased with the handling but it felt great having all that space and 4 doors. I still wouldn’t have given up my Mustang even. I went through a lemon law buyback for my 2020 and when searching I couldn’t find a car that I connected like I did with the Mustang. I tried BMW 340i, Toyota Supra GR, Chevy Camaro and Lexus RCF while many of these cars like the M340i had the killer technology it wasn’t enough so I got another 2021 Mustang

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Always wanted a brand new Focus ST after my buddy I was stationed with bought a loaded one from Galpin a few years ago. I drove his GTI back to the barracks and considered buying that off him, but decided against it. Swore I would buy a new FoST later on - Sony system mandatory and maybe red calipers/optional wheels. After Ford killed the Focus entirely, I was kinda peeved since I was in the spot to finally finance a newer car. Went with a Fiesta ST, but just wasn't the same. Ended up with a HPP Mustang a couple of years later and thus why I'm here lol.

I still get excited if I see one traded in or in for service that is similar to what I would've optioned out. Sucks we don't rate the new ST twins here, even the new FiST looks more promising than the outgoing mk7/7.5.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
2022 Porsche GT3

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Only a few things really appeal to me if I was getting another car. A Cayman GTS or base 911, or a GT350. Driving experience is more important to me than raw performance, although none of those cars are slow, lol.

I also like the new CTS-V.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You mean the CT5-V Blackwing? The car that doesn't have the Blackwing motor :giggle:

That aside, it is alpha platform and is getting the ZL1 motor. I just don't know why GM spent millions on a really cool motor, just to abandon it :crazy:
GM seems all about making bespoke one off motors lately. They have plenty of money to waste it would seem.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I placed an order for a ZL1 1LE. I test drove one along with a GT350 and the 1LE is miles ahead. The GT500 doesn't interest me because of fugly styling plus not manual. To me, the ZL1 1LE is one of the best performing cars for the money. Heated and cooled recaros ftw!

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I placed an order for a ZL1 1LE. I test drove one along with a GT350 and the 1LE is miles ahead. The GT500 doesn't interest me because of fugly styling plus not manual. To me, the ZL1 1LE is one of the best performing cars for the money. Heated and cooled recaros ftw!
I don't disagree that its one of the best performing cars for the money but....I'd much rather have the GT350, lol. After a certain point, the performance becomes irrelevant and experience is everything. Voodoo > LT4. Of course that's just my opinion.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I considered a ZL1 1LE however could not stand the interior or the fact that you have very poor visibility. Also, it looked too close to every other Camaro on the road, up close it looked nice.
I ended up buying a Z06 which is overall even better than the ZL1 1LE, drove the GT500 and sold the Z06 to get it.

They are all great cars, I was next to a ZL1 1LE a few weeks ago and we have each other the thumbs up. It’s all I what makes the person happy, some will hate and others will show the mutual respect for owning nice cars. At the end of the day, whatever car makes you smile, enjoy it...

OP
OP

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've been wanting to order a Scat Pack really bad for the past week since trade in values are so good right now, but I keep going back and forth between the widebody and 1320. I cannot seem to make up my mind. I do know I want pretty much all the options besides sunroof and tech group with each trim and leaning towards an F8 green widebody or a Sinamon stick 1320. The WB is about 4k more the way I have it optioned, but would most likely have to buy an extra set of wheels and tires for the 1320. I should have about 20k in trade equity, but that could change by the time the car gets here (been hearing anywhere from 6-10 weeks). I'm also kind of thinking of waiting to check out the new Nissan Z specs next month or could just keep my stang until its paid off (probably about a year) and see what's available then or just wait until the new electric challenger comes out in 24 if it ends up being good and not overly expensive.
Sponsored