Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Sport
Only use normal when I’m cruising down a highway in 6 gear with cruise control on.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I would be interesting to see, of those who answered this question, how many drive an automatic. I'd wager that most of those who express a strong preference for one mode or another have an auto.
With a manual gearbox, the only difference I can perceive between Normal, Sport+ and Track is in the harshness of the MagneRide. That's it. Nothing else. The steering feel and the exhaust loudness do not count, because those can also be set independently of the drive mode. The only time I change drive modes is when I want to change the suspension setting.
So, for me it's Normal mode at slow speeds (say, in urban traffic, when I'm crawling from one traffic light to the next through potholes and speed bumps), and Sport+ at high speeds. MagneRide feels like a limo in Normal, while in Sport+ it absorbs small bumps so swiftly and seamlessly as if the car were glued to the road, but at the same time floating over it - hard to describe in words.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Manual MagneRide car here :like:

MyMode 95% of the time which is set to sport+ with the sport dash and with track exhaust.

I will put in on quiet mode if it's late driving through the estate and / or if our youngest is in bed. I haven't had any early starts in it yet but if I did, that would also be in quiet mode.

Steering mode isn't configurable on a MR car in the sportier settings - you have to revert back to normal for that which I have occasionally done if turning it around around in the street etc.

WD :like:

Five_OhGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Mustang GT Premium/'13 Ford Focus ST ST3
Vehicle Showcase
Dry conditions: Track
If it's raining or wet outside, I'm typically taking my Focus ST, but if I get caught in the rain I do Sport+.

K3nny1010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
i only use normal when i'm on the interstate. Otherwise, it's down in S or S+, which is my favorite. I haven't shown the wife sport modes. She just likes cruising with the top down.
Sponsored