Sponsored

What Maintenance Does My Car Qualify For?

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Last September I bought my very first brand new car, a 2017 EcoBoost Ford Mustang. I want to keep it in great condition, and have given it the regular oil changes etc that I've paid for myself., but what other upkeep should I do? What regular checkups etc should I do at the dealership and what's qualified by my warranty? I'm so bad at this. :(
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
The owner manual has the scheduled maintenance info. No regular maintenance is covered by warranty unless you specifically purchased an extended warranty which includes maintenance. Ford warranties normally cover repairs as detailed in the warranty info.

Dealers and others will frequently try to sell you more maintenance than Ford recommends or the car needs.

Internet forum members will also recommend more regular maintenance and "special chemicals" than the car needs.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Last September I bought my very first brand new car, a 2017 EcoBoost Ford Mustang. I want to keep it in great condition, and have given it the regular oil changes etc that I've paid for myself., but what other upkeep should I do? What regular checkups etc should I do at the dealership and what's qualified by my warranty? I'm so bad at this. :(
Least you are smart to realize you don't know and smart enough to ask.

OP
OP
Foxtrot

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Thanks for the help, guys! Took my car in for the oil change and got the tires rotated and that's about it. Appreciate it.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Enjoy your new car - the new Mustang is really a terrific vehicle. I'm on my second 2015 GT and they're great for lots of reasons. Make it your own over time with whatever mods you want and it's even better. Enjoy the journey!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Thanks for the help, guys! Took my car in for the oil change and got the tires rotated and that's about it. Appreciate it.
You could have Googled 2017 Ford Mustang Maintenance Schedule and came up with what you need. Keep that in mind next time. But here is a link for now. Maintenance for boost.

Enter your current mileage, average miles driven a year, and driving conditions and it has a chart at every mileage you should do maintenance at.
Sponsored