SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
So, when I first saw the pictures of the real car, not only did I dislike it, I hated it. I really couldn't really put my finger on what it was overall.

Appearance-wise,
- I REALLY dislike the fog lamp area. The marker/turn signal above the fogs looks like a cheap after thought, and it is a feature a number of other cars already have -- on the VW CC it looks VERY similar.
- Second, I don't like the piano black panel on the rear end. I don't like that is is just a flat plasticy looking piece and I think the glossiness of it is cheap
- Third, I rather have nothing on the tail in lieu of the stand alone pony or GT lettering, both of which look out of place.
- Last, I think the lower crease would have looked amazing turning up into a deep, chiseled C-scoop -- I am really missing that, which I think is one of THE trademark "Mustang" traits.

Those are the littler things I KNOW I don't like, but I still couldn't figure out what was ruining it for me.

So let me ask those who didn't like it when they first saw it -- what was it for that changed your mind?

For me it was when I was in the Photoshop/Rendering thread and I saw this:

Not only do I like it, this is one of the most BADASS things I have ever seen.

While I still don't like those little things, I realized what was ruining for me -- it was the color, especially the red, which I think was a bad choice for the reveal. I realized there is only one color for a Mustang. I guess you know what they say about going black...

Now if Ford would have made it a little smaller. I hope there is good news about the weight. ;)
Sponsored

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
It's a bad looking mofo but I have to see it in person to decide fully id I like it or not.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
It's a bad looking mofo but I have to see it in person to decide fully id I like it or not.
This, for me as of now its an easy "A" in my book. I can't imagine that changing before I throw some cash at one, but I do plan on putting my GT side by side with the new cars and giving each a good look over.

As of now, though the only part of the 2013/2014's that I like more than the 2015's are the heat extractors and taillights, but that said I still like those parts on the 2015's a lot - just not quite as much as I do with the 2013/2014's.

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 gt
I agree with GT logo on the back. I realize they have to do something different for the new generation, but something about it just doesnt seem right. It's probably just me, but I am also still trying to get use to the more severely angled backside. Of course seeing it in person could easily change my mind. Overall the car looks great and can't wait to check it out. When I first saw the pictures of the red mustang I was kind of wanting more. Then I saw the GT. The GT looks so much better. even better in black.

HTownStang

Jesse, I agree with you on a few of your points. The only thing I truly dislike about the car is the fog light area and I really dislike the LED brow above it. I've seen a few photoshops which I think originated from this forum that placed it either lower or vertically and I thought that looked much better.

The rest of the front is still growing on me. The more pictures I've seen the better it looks and I agree with you that red was a bad choice for the reveal. This is a car with subtlety and the lines disappear in red and IMO made the car look stubby and awkward. It showed MUCH better when I saw the Silver and Guard pics.

What I DO love about this car is the rear. Particularly some of the 3/4 rear shots are just beautiful. It shows off the stunning roofline of the car (to me the best part), the nice wide hips and those TAILLIGHTS! Man are those nice.

I may be in the minority here but I don't mind the stand alone GT or pony on the rear decklid at all. I may decide to remove it and go with a fully blacked out panel but so far I think it looks clean and lets the taillights be the focus of the rear, for good reason. One thing is for sure, I am glad they kept the faux gas cap off of it. It would not work on this car.

As for the C scoop, I was in the camp that it is a solidly Mustang cue that belongs on the car, but you know, I think Ford designers know better than us and I think they made the right choice. I bet they tried it with the scoop and it didn't work and I bet they were right. Could be that it just looks out of place with the tightened waist line of the car although I would have liked to see exactly how it would look with it. Maybe one of our photoshop experts can help out.

Sponsored

Dyno

I will admit those first magazine pics in Auto Week had me severely disappointed. Bad first impression, it was like showing off your new model girlfriend to your friends, but she stayed up all night on a booze and coke binge. I agree with others that the red also did not show well.

Then I saw the pics of the same red car but taken in media previews in a studio. Better. Then the silver GT commercial screen capture images leaked. MUCH better. Now with the flood of high quality pics from all angles it is a no brainer. What has really sold me however, is seeing it next to the 2014, which, just about a week ago IMO was the most advanced looking pony car in existence. Now it's not even close... no offense meant to current owners.

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
The one thing I love about this car, is the fact that the way it comes from the factory is as close as I would want it to be once im done modifying it. The lip, side skirts, performance package wheels. It just seems to be the best " out of the box " looking mustang to date. Maybe minus the Terminator.

With a few sublte changes I think that people can easily make this the best looking mustang around. Tastful modficiations will be the name of the game for the S550.

Brew_WY

Threads
Reaction score
Two things sold me on the new mustang:

#1 It has an interior that is actually nice and has the features I was looking for.

#2 The exterior styling looks way better than what we saw in early renderings.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
JesseFourOh.....the good part of this, is that the aftermarket will probably put out a fix to the trunk panel, the fog lights and the scoop. I don't see the explosion of aftermarket companies and products that came into being for the S197 going away any time soon....the S500 will have it's own share of products to sculpt the 2015+ into your own personal vision of what your Mustang should look like.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
While I still don't like those little things, I realized what was ruining for me -- it was the color, especially the red, which I think was a bad choice for the reveal. I realized there is only one color for a Mustang. I guess you know what they say about going black...

Now if Ford would have made it a little smaller. I hope there is good news about the weight. ;)
I agree with this. Red is not the most flattering color on this car, at least not in my opinion. Then again, outside of Ferraris I never really like the look of red cars, especially brighter reds. Too much of a "look at me" vibe and a huge cop magnet.

I may be in the minority here but I don't mind the stand alone GT or pony on the rear decklid at all. I may decide to remove it and go with a fully blacked out panel but so far I think it looks clean and lets the taillights be the focus of the rear, for good reason. One thing is for sure, I am glad they kept the faux gas cap off of it. It would not work on this car.
I was never a fan of the faux gas cap. The new decklid looks much cleaner, and I like that it is black and not body color. I don't mind the GT badge, it looks okay to me. Simple, clean.

Two things sold me on the new mustang:

#1 It has an interior that is actually nice and has the features I was looking for.

#2 The exterior styling looks way better than what we saw in early renderings.
The interior was a big issue for me. I was not going to buy another one of these cars if it had an interior as cheap as my 07. I don't require a lot of tech in the cabin (though it is nice); my main concern was the quality of the plastics and materials. I wanted to touch something softer when I put my fingers on it.

I'm also glad they moved the cupholders over to the side, so you can actually rest your arm or operate the shift lever without banging your arm into your drink.

Sponsored

Pitch

Threads
Reaction score
Everything. Instantly.

I just bought a 2014 back in march. Impulse buy on the pwer. Altho it's not a hideous car, the boring Ness of the rear end bugged the shit outta me and I've been shopping for a new car since. The rear end instantly won me over, even in the magazine pics. The interior was icing on the cake and the extra power reapply sealed the deal. Interior is so much nicer. I can't wait to jump in one.

I'm torn between orange (my favorite color) and black in which this thing looks absolutely nasty in.

Gunn a come down to seeing them in person and it still being a hard choice.

I hope they offer some kind of incentives on my 2014 trade in tho haha.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I really like the new exterior styling, the improved stance, and the more modern look. I also like that it looks like they improved the interior. I really like that it is still muscular but also sleek at the same time. The look is very sharp to me.

Another detail that I like is how they have the front splitter, sideskirts, and rear diffuser all in the same color/material. It adds a cohesion to the look that I really like. I normally do not like the look of a front splitter, and I normally do not like a large rear diffuser (like the 2011's large grey area). With this they trimmed it down and tied it all together nicely. I am a big fan.

Also the wheels look great. This is a small thing, but I like that it comes with a decent looking set.

I'm still not 100% on this must be my next car, but it is definitely up there. I still want to know how it will feel in the turns. I'm hoping the new suspension setup will work well in this area. I think once I see it in person I will be able to say for sure.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I like the new rear decklid as well, clean and crisp. I hope they improve the material used in the interior, especially the console. I have a 13 Taurus with a nice leather wrapped console and it's in the same price range as the new Mustang. I love the carbon fiber look, I had that on my 2011 GT/CS and will be checking that option box when I order my 2015.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
My thoughts exactly:
payn131209.jpg

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Everything. I love just about everything about it. The rear end just sold me. There isn't a damn thing I don't like about this car.

But this is coming from someone who loves the base radio.
Sponsored