Sponsored

What made you like the Mustang?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
So let me ask those who didn't like it when they first saw it -- what was it for that changed your mind?

While I still don't like those little things, I realized what was ruining for me -- it was the color, especially the red, which I think was a bad choice for the reveal. I realized there is only one color for a Mustang. I guess you know what they say about going black...
Haha - it was the RED color. I typically don't gravitate toward that, but when I saw it in person in that color, the fastback lines looked amazing to me.

I loved chazcron's renders, especially the blue side profile one. That actually sold me on the overall shape. Everything else from there was gravy.
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Like some others, I wasn't sure what to make of it when I first got a glimpse. Couldn't decide if I liked the nose and tail. But as more and better photos started surfacing, I really started to appreciate the overall aesthetics more and more. I really like the lower, wider and more aggressive stance.

I love the fact that they FINALLY managed to close the traditionally huge fender well gap -- the wheels/tires fill out nicely and springs are not mandatory for once! The IRS and overall improved suspension is HUGE for me too. Though they've squeezed seemingly impossible performance out of the current SRA, I will not miss the ridiculous brake dive and squat that Mustangs have had forever, not to mention the harshness and unsettling feeling of driving on uneven roads or hitting bumps while in a high speed corner.

And finally, the interior is just a fantastic improvement. I love almost everything about it. I'm a tech geek, so I dig all the gadgetry, but I also appreciate the use of quality materials and the nicely executed 'cockpit' layout.

Overall, I think this is a must have car for me. If Ford reveals that this thing actually lost weight and is rated around 450HP (hopefully underrated), I will be absolutely giddy.

I enjoy my 2012 GT a lot, but the S550 just takes things to a whole different level it seems.

Pitch

Threads
Reaction score
^^ agree. Gunn a sick trading it In after I put 9 down and paid 6k more in the year I've owned my '14 but It'll be worth It to have I car that I love.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
Overall I love the car, but also don't like the glossy piano black panel; I always prefer matte black that projects a sportier look in my eyes. I think this model is gonna be a huge winner for Ford but...... also think the 2015 model will really drive the prior generation prices down; many owners will flood the market with used Mustangs either traded in or sold privately.
Sponsored