What kind of supercharger should I get?

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I have a 19 base gt with manual. I have 7k total I can spend on getting one installed, does anyone have any ideas where I can buy one and have it installed at 7k or less? I’d really like the Whipple but it seems outta my range so I’ve been looking at procharger or Roush. I’d like 700-800 rwhp
Sponsored

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I have a 19 base gt with manual. I have 7k total I can spend on getting one installed, does anyone have any ideas where I can buy one and have it installed at 7k or less? I’d really like the Whipple but it seems outta my range so I’ve been looking at procharger or Roush. I’d like 700-800 rwhp
I would post in forced induction section.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Wipe Roush off the list and start over. Most of the price is for the 5 letters on the card board boxes it ships in. Inferior overly conservative tune and nothing any better than any of the other options in PD setups available. By the time you realize it and get a Roush re-tuned properly by Lund or VMP you could have bought a VMP kit for less (with better options) that makes more power more efficiently and manages it to the ground more effectively. Procharger, and Paxton are good centri options. Don't rule out turbo as an option either.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Contact Beefcake. They are a sponsor. I bought my Whipple stage 1 kit complete for $6,950 delivered. Took 3 days to install. Perfect. They charge 1200-1500 for the install. The Whipple is complete. I went to the dragstrip today and there was a guy there with a stock a10 mustang with the whipple stage 1 kit only. Ran 10.70s at 134 MPH. He did have drag radials, though

OP
OP
Marketplaza

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
Contact Beefcake. They are a sponsor. I bought my Whipple stage 1 kit complete for $6,950 delivered. Took 3 days to install. Perfect. They charge 1200-1500 for the install. The Whipple is complete. I went to the dragstrip today and there was a guy there with a stock a10 mustang with the whipple stage 1 kit only. Ran 10.70s at 134 MPH. He did have drag radials, though
id love to have a Whipple, only problem is I only have 7k to work with. If the 6,950 was for everything I could do it. But that install fee knocked it out of my price range.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Manual car, street driven, you seriously want to be looking at TVS or Whipple, in that order.
If you were doing circuit stuff, I’d be saying Centri, if the strip is your thing, Centri or Whipple.
Just keep in mind that if you’re making enough torque (twisting force, NOT bottom-end), you’ll be wanting a clutch sooner rather than later.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just save up a bit more, or buy the Whipple kit and stare at it in your living room every day until you can afford to have it installed. This isn't a life critical thing that can't wait, you're just being impatient. No offense of course, we've all been there. Gotta have the toy right now.

jpro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Aren't the new GT500's running about 10.6 @ 138 mph stock? Seems funny that you can buy a used 2018 for $28K and throw a Whipple stage 1 on it and get the same times as the new 500. LOL Crazy!

Manual car, street driven, you seriously want to be looking at TVS or Whipple, in that order.
If you were doing circuit stuff, I’d be saying Centri, if the strip is your thing, Centri or Whipple.
Just keep in mind that if you’re making enough torque (twisting force, NOT bottom-end), you’ll be wanting a clutch sooner rather than later.
Tell me more about why TVS and Whipple are the best if you're going to drive it around town. I daily drive my car and I've been thinking of a supercharger. My drive is short so no big deal...in two years of owning the car I have put a total of 13K miles on it.

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
If you’re that strict on the budget you should wait. 7k could maybe get you a supercharger installed until your clutch goes out or something else. Save up some more

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Get the Whipple and do it yourself. I'm completing my Gen 5 Stage II installation as soon as a few parts come tomorrow. I live by the motto of "buy once, cry once".

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Seems like the best course of action for you at this point is to spend the next 2-4 months looking at videos and doing some reading here and on FB groups about different superchargers, their pros/cons, how they deliver HP, expected numbers from each setup, fuel systems. This will also give you some extra time to save up money. You're just too "green" for a boosted coyote at this point and might actually hurt something in the car. That's my advice.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
If you only have 7 grand including install. I’d start looking real hard at a centri kit. If you have your heart set on a wipple. Your going to need some more coin to make that happen. And 700-800whp is going to cost more than the 7k figure you mentioned no matter what you get.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My drive is short so no big deal...in two years of owning the car I have put a total of 13K miles on it.
ok, so the hills and curvy roads aren't in your backyard, but come-on, book some lodging near the mountains and make a weekend of it from time to time.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Aren't the new GT500's running about 10.6 @ 138 mph stock? Seems funny that you can buy a used 2018 for $28K and throw a Whipple stage 1 on it and get the same times as the new 500. LOL Crazy!

Tell me more about why TVS and Whipple are the best if you're going to drive it around town. I daily drive my car and I've been thinking of a supercharger. My drive is short so no big deal...in two years of owning the car I have put a total of 13K miles on it.
That's because the new 500 does everything else well (including braking and turning) and not just straight line rips.

If straight line rips is all anyone cared about, we'd all sell our cars and buy Foxbodies and throw a TT coyote in it and run 7's all day long.

The reason a lot of people like PD blowers is because of the direct and linear power delivery.

Centrifugals are more efficient (and cheaper) but the power delivery is more exponential as in, it's pretty tame down low and opens up wildly the higher you climb in RPM. So in a sense, centri's are the better choice if you want something that's really "stock" like in lower rpm cruise driving. Takes a little more getting used to the power curve.
Sponsored