What is your go-to driving mode?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Sport plus as soon as i start her up. Traction control off, steering sport. My active exhaust sounds the same in normal and sport plus since putting on the Steeda H pipe, so basically i never have to fiddle to get a nice sound regardless of mode!
Sponsored

OP
OP
W.O.T. Stang

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Sport plus as soon as i start her up. Traction control off, steering sport. My active exhaust sounds the same in normal and sport plus since putting on the Steeda H pipe, so basically i never have to fiddle to get a nice sound regardless of mode!
Sport and track sound the same to me. Normal is quite a bit quieter and noticeable.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
OK, you guys are gonna laugh at the old goat, but when I went to check out the new wheels, on the test drive, the trans sure seemed to hold lower gears way too long and didn't upshift when you backed off the gas. Looked at the wife and said I was ready to walk on the car BC I thought the trans was messed up. Mind you my last automatic car was an 01 GT. Mentioned it to the sales rep and he showed me the mode switch, which was in sport. I didn't even know it was there. Duh! So, its normal mode for most driving. The blower takes care of things when you mash the gas pedal.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Most of the time I am in either Normal mode or sport mode with manual shifting. I very much dislike the auto throttle mapping in Sport or Sport+ for the street. It hangs onto the gears exceptionally long (for the street), won't upshift soon enough after a brief stint of acceleration, and downshifts too many gears for light throttle applications. If I give it 1/4 throttle, I don't want it to downshift 5 gears to 5k+ rpms. I'm sure on the track that all is great, but give me a middle ground. I would probably use Sport much more frequently in auto if it was just a slightly more sensitive throttle map than normal. That said, I will shift into Sport if I am pulling into traffic in a tight space, so that it doesn't drop to 3rd gear right as I want to gun it after straightening out. Yes, given enough gas pedal it will downshift to 2nd, but there's a slight lag - if I'm pulling into traffic I want 2nd gear available right away. I don't use track mode for the street since it turns off all the Safe and smart features that I like as backup (no, I don't rely on them). If I am going to do some spirited driving around curves or backroads, I'll use Sport+ in manual mode. I have MagneRide so I like the firmer damper settings for the curves.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I love Sport + mode with traction control off and steering in normal.
Glorious.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
I Forget my car has drive modes. I get in and drive.
Well when the drive modes are, "try to sneak out of the driveway but it's too loud", " its nice out so put the top down", and "outta my way, rice burner!" you forget the switch on the dash.

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
Normal around the city and in traffic.. S on the weekends/highways where I'll use the paddles

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I just get in and drive. Mine is on normal 95% of the time.

Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
19 gt.

I usually leave it in normal mode.

i flip the exhaust to track when i see another cool car that i wanna vroom vroom at

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
A10 here. Generally just drive in D around town, sometimes S, depending on my mood. On my commute there are several sections where the traffic is slow and there are long shallow grades, but enough that I don't like where the transmission is so I shift to S to get the revs up. I have used Wet/Snow in really messy weather and it seems to help. I haven't used Track or Drag. I really should get out early one morning and try that on a particularly long and flat on ramp acceleration lane nearby.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
SPORT

I wish my car would automatically go into Sport Mode when I start it

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
As soon as I leave the neighborhood I switch to Sport mode since I try to be a good neighbor in the early hours. The Borla sounds great in sport mode. And I prefer the magneride settings in this mode for just about all my daily driving. Heavy rains I'll use rain/snow and performs decent.
Sponsored