Sponsored

What is your favorite driving mode?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
For street driving I use normal mode with exhaust valves open. On track I use sport mode if I am unfamiliar with the track and track mode if I've been there before.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Was that a software thing? If so, anything can be hacked
Not really sure why as I don't know the technical details but I've seen people on here talk about the problem because they want to do a cold start the car with exhuast valves open. The only solution is to disable to the switch entirely (rip out cords) or install a secondary device which overrides the stock system (which you could say is a hack).

I forget where I read it but apparently the GT500 saves whatever driving mode you were last in before the car was turned off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Normal and track modes only for me. I would possibly consider sport if the throttle map weren't affected.

Can you explain (In small words) what throttle mapping is?

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Interesting…mine will go into track mode immediately after a cold start!

;-P

Hmmm, would like to know how that works...

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
SPORT ++, after the car is thoroughly warmed up, A10 tranny needs time before you get on it.

hbjones65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 (Chassis No. L0244) - HEP
Interesting…mine will go into track mode immediately after a cold start!

;-P
I guess I should have clarified, when I manually toggle it into Track mode. Ha Ha Almost everysingle time. Ha Ha

I would do it sooner, but just have to keep reminding myself to...wait for it...wait for it...NOW! Ha Ha In the Phoenix summer time temps, I am not having to wait very long. :)

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
Can you explain (In small words) what throttle mapping is?

I’ll take a stab at it.
  • A linear throttle map is what you would intuitively expect: 10% throttle pedal travel = 10% throttle opening; 20=20, 30=30…. 100=100.
  • Many “sporty” cars have a mode that artificially inflates the perception of power and performance by applying additional throttle opening for a given amount pedal travel.

OP
OP
Broid

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I’ll take a stab at it.
  • A linear throttle map is what you would intuitively expect: 10% throttle pedal travel = 10% throttle opening; 20=20, 30=30…. 100=100.
  • Many “sporty” cars have a mode that artificially inflates the perception of power and performance by applying additional throttle opening for a given amount pedal travel.
Thank you for using small words. This math makes sense, but I sure don't understand why any manufacturer would do this.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Standard 20 gt
Always on sport mode because I like the dash and I can't tell the difference in sound between track and sport, and I love the sound, plus I don't care about my neighbours

Edit: actually is there a difference in sound of sport vs track?

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
My right hand after I get in the car: I press the start button, move my hand to the steering wheel and two clicks to Sport Mode. Every time. It's 100% a physical memory now.

Start, click, click, drive.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Thank you for using small words. This math makes sense, but I sure don't understand why any manufacturer would do this.
It feels sportier and can be more fun that way. It's not that big of a deal, but linear would allow for a little finer control at lower throttle levels. Here's a probably exaggerated illustration of what's going on, just quickly grabbed from an image search for "throttle curve"

linear_throttle.jpg
Sponsored