Sponsored

What is your favorite compound/polish?

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
I agree. I use A LOT of Adam's products. Good stuff and made in the U.S.A.

My favorite polish has been and continues to be Zaino polishes. I apply by hand and my car always looks amazing afterwards.
I was a hard core Zaino fan, love its durability. Just haven't used it in a while from trying other products, plus their "process" was kinda a PIA. I may revisit Zaino for my black Bullitt.
Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I was a hard core Zaino fan, love its durability. Just haven't used it in a while from trying other products, plus their "process" was kinda a PIA. I may revisit Zaino for my black Bullitt.
Do you use the "flash" or whatever it is? I never have.
I just make sure the paint is really clean and then polish.

What other steps are you taking, besides clay and all the necessary steps for an ordinary detail?

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
Menzerna compound 400 on up to 3800. Then onto Wolfgang polishes ending up with Wolfgang Fusion. I use a Flex 3401 (the beast) with Lake County Pads. I end up with Zaino Z8 Sealant. I prefer German made products.
btw, many of the detailing products are made by only a few manufacturers. They are colored, fragrenced, packaged and labeled to retailer order. I did some digging when PBMG acquired some related operations etc. It would/should amaze any detailing newcomer of who owns who and who supplies what. It is a fascinating organizational chart. And it changes often.
Pretty much where I ended up as well, after decades of experimentation.

Menzerna, Wolfgang, Flex 3401, and LC Force HYBRID pads are truly unbeatable.

One difference for me, is I went with ceramic coating, rather than traditional wax/sealant. Believe it or not, ARMOR SHIELD, by Avalon King is really good, and very user friendly. The results are stellar.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
One difference for me, is I went with ceramic coating, rather than traditional wax/sealant.
Yeah, ceramic coatings are the best.

I got my truck done 3 years ago and was very impressed. I'll get the car done hopefully sometime this year, hopefully early summer.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, ceramic coatings are the best.

I got my truck done 3 years ago and was very impressed. I'll get the car done hopefully sometime this year, hopefully early summer.
Ceramic coatings truly are a miracle. It’s as if the vehicle dries itself after a wash. I did find it took 4 coats of ARMOR SHIELD to get the desired result, but it may have been my haste in removing the applied amount before it completely flashed. Regardless, it is awesome!

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you use the "flash" or whatever it is? I never have.
I just make sure the paint is really clean and then polish.

What other steps are you taking, besides clay and all the necessary steps for an ordinary detail?
Yes the “ZFX” additive. It’s not necessary, they recommend using it to accelerate cure time for multiple subsequent coats. I have not used zaino lately. If you don’t want to use their entire line (all made to bond together) after a polish of your choice just do a 50/50 alcohol water wipe down to ensure the zaino has a bare surface to bond to. Some polishes may have oils the zaino won’t properly bond to.

Currently my car is a weekend and fair weather car so I haven’t been relying on a product for durability. I love the look of carnuba wax on dark colors and have been using pinnacle souveran carnuba wax On mine.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes the “ZFX” additive. It’s not necessary, they recommend using it to accelerate cure time for multiple subsequent coats. I have not used zaino lately. If you don’t want to use their entire line (all made to bond together) after a polish of your choice just do a 50/50 alcohol water wipe down to ensure the zaino has a bare surface to bond to. Some polishes may have oils the zaino won’t properly bond to.

Currently my car is a weekend and fair weather car so I haven’t been relying on a product for durability. I love the look of carnuba wax on dark colors and have been using pinnacle souveran carnuba wax On mine.
Very true. I use a lot of Zaino line on the car, so it works out awesome.

And durability isn't an issue for me as well as my car only goes out on nice sunny days. Hopefully I will get it professionally ceramic coated this year, preferably before the summer time.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
15-20 years ago Zaino was the go to brand, but no longer. Zaino sells old products and have not updated their product in years. Mind you that beyond the age factor, their product have passed the test of time. I prefer their Z6, Z8, and especially the Z10. I am now a Wolfgang Fusion

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
15-20 years ago Zaino was the go to brand, but no longer. Zaino sells old products and have not updated their product in years. Mind you that beyond the age factor, their product have passed the test of time. I prefer their Z6, Z8, and especially the Z10. I am now a Wolfgang Fusion
That's about the time I started using them, back in '99.
I think all the products are good as long as they are applied properly. Ceramic coatings being the best of the best.

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's about the time I started using them, back in '99.
I think all the products are good as long as they are applied properly. Ceramic coatings being the best of the best.
About 2005 for me.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I like gettting upfront and close to my paint. This Rapid Red is gorgeous, (in my opinion, of course)
Rapid Red is the nicest colour I have ever seen on a Mustang.
I took the time to do a full polish-prep (some call it correction) before ceramic coating.
I applied 4 coats of Armor Shield IX and was blown away with the result. Superior to any wax or sealant.
I had my car at the dealership for a minor issue, and a crowd of staff and customers literally swarmed the car in the parking lot. It was a clear sunny day, the car was perfection.

If you have never done a ceramic coating I highly recommend trying it out. My experience is limited to Armor Shield IX and I am thrilled. It’s a great DIY product.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I have detailed and then coated a few vehicles with CQuartz UK 3.0. A stellar product, I, however, prefer the hands on approach...to my own car, that is.
Sponsored