Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Lowball offer in my area, almost $10k less than what a dealership will offer me
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So here's a question for those who are selling to a place like Carvana, Vroom, trading in - or even private party...

Aside from just banking the $$$ on the sale - if you're out looking for another vehicle, are you REALLY getting any type of deal that was not break even - or where you're really getting a slamming deal that made selling your car so great?

I'm not seeing the benefit of selling and now being stuck paying more for a new car where the prices are higher than normal OR even buying a used car where the prices are in some instances just as high as a new car.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
You’ll never get what it’s worth on those sites. They have to make a profit after all. Private sales are always the best.
I'm not sure why you say that. I bought a 2019 GT for $36,000 in May of 2020 and sold it to Vroom for $41,500 in June of 2021.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
So here's a question for those who are selling to a place like Carvana, Vroom, trading in - or even private party...

Aside from just banking the $$$ on the sale - if you're out looking for another vehicle, are you REALLY getting any type of deal that was not break even - or where you're really getting a slamming deal that made selling your car so great?

I'm not seeing the benefit of selling and now being stuck paying more for a new car where the prices are higher than normal OR even buying a used car where the prices are in some instances just as high as a new car.
I sold my 2019 GT to Vroom then bought a used car. Some models have not seen huge increases like the Mustang or Tacoma have. You just have to understand the demand.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Its not a Mustang, but last year we bought an Escape with 30k miles on it for $15k. We just sold it to Vroom with 50k miles for $16.5k. We have four drivers and had four cars, but we can mange with three for awhile. When prices are a bit better, whether that be in a few months or a year or more, we plan on buying either a new Escape or possibly a Stinger GT2. If you can wait to purchase a new car, I definitely think it is worth it to sell now.

Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why you say that. I bought a 2019 GT for $36,000 in May of 2020 and sold it to Vroom for $41,500 in June of 2021.
Just did a valuation of mine on Vroom. Sticker price on my 2020 Cali Special was $50K. My current offer on Vroom is 39,700. I could sell it privately right now for 2-3K more than that.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

The price was already higher on any Gen3 Coyote over my Gen2 2017. The fact that I can pay well over 80% of the car off from the start was the reason I upgraded to a Mach 1. That and our days are limited on getting a manual transmission on a V8. Everything about this car is an upgrade from what I had.

Yes, it took a stupid high offer for me to bite and it happened.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Haven't checked Carvana, but, Vroom is offering me $32,391. That's a bit more than I bought it for, even from a third-party. I'm guessing a dealer would offer a bit more, even.

The most I saw it valued at was ~$35,000, but that was a couple weeks ago from Edmunds.

Had I the disposable income on hand right now to put down an order for a GT Prem or even a Mach 1, I might be tempted. Assuming prices stay where they are—give me a couple months. 😉

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Numbers are still not high enough for me to sell yet. Don’t know if they’ll get there either. I put down 20k when I bought my 20 PP2. So far can’t see getting out of this car to buy a Mach1 and 10k+ more in debit. That said we’ll see how the car
market goes.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Just did a valuation of mine on Vroom. Sticker price on my 2020 Cali Special was $50K. My current offer on Vroom is 39,700. I could sell it privately right now for 2-3K more than that.
Yeah, I think Vroom figured out they were giving too much. The price on my car dropped to $36,500 before they sold it.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Had I the disposable income on hand right now to put down an order for a GT Prem or even a Mach 1,
you only need $1000 I think, if that much. If you order a M1+HP you won't see it till spring 2022 anyway so have 6 months to find and count your pennies.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
you only need $1000 I think, if that much. If you order a M1+HP you won't see it till spring 2022 anyway so have 6 months to find and count your pennies.
That so? I've never ordered a car, (of course,) so I'm a bit unfamiliar with the process. I figured financing and such would be discussed at the time of order, down payment and all. Or does that start once delivered?

HP's a nice option of course, but I wouldn't make proper use of it. My car's mostly street duty. M1 because, well, a fully equipped GT Premium nears that pricepoint pretty closely. Might as well, at that point.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I figured financing and such would be discussed at the time of order, down payment and all. Or does that start once delivered?
you set PRICE at time of order, with an asterisk that the greater of any factory incentives (today vs delivery) apply. Some dealers want "earnest money" (typically $1000 or so refundable deposit) on an order, some don't.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
you set PRICE at time of order, with an asterisk that the greater of any factory incentives (today vs delivery) apply. Some dealers want "earnest money" (typically $1000 or so refundable deposit) on an order, some don't.
Ahaaa, that makes sense. Well, cool! I'll factor that in.

Trade-in as well comes (or can come,) down the line, I'm gathering. And here I was thinking about how long I could bear using a rental... hah.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Spoke to my dealer last week, thinking seriously about the Carvana route for $1,300 less than what I paid 2 years ago, and ordering a '22 on October 11th.

I want the new green color, but otherwise might just get an identical '22 to what I have now because I love the appearance if the green isn't what it appears.

My dealer said you get a $1,000 rebate for ordering, and the prices have not increased much at all between 2019 and 2022, so that rebate 'should' offset the additional cost. The car 'should' take 12-14 weeks to arrive at my dealer in Flat Rock, and also said their trade-in prices don't touch Carvana, so that is the way to go.

That all sounds good, we'll see if it plays out that way, though.
Sponsored