Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
My question about vroom and carvana is is there offer set or will it change once they receive your car. At carmax or dealer at least you know and can choose to take it or leave it and have you car. What if carvana/vroom changes there offer and you decide to reject it??
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My question about vroom and carvana is is there offer set or will it change once they receive your car. At carmax or dealer at least you know and can choose to take it or leave it and have you car. What if carvana/vroom changes there offer and you decide to reject it??
they have to return the car. AutoLendersGo hands you the check at pickup. They are relying on the VIN history, multiple pictures/video and the final checks by the driver. Price is agreed upon before pickup and it's binding as soon as the check is handed over.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
As long as your description is accurate, it doesn't change.

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
Vroom offer today for my Performance Pack GT
2015 Ford Mustang
GT Premium 2dr Fastback | 36,000 miles
Your Price: $33,075

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My car is a 2020 GT base with less than 2,500 miles. Carmax for me was the highest at 38,600 which is several thousand dollars more than I paid new back in January. The problem is sure I could sell it and make a little money but anything else I would want to buy is also inflated so I would sell this only to wait a year or so until I can replace it with pretty much the same thing. It just is not worth the 3-4K profit.

Sponsored

Zoso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang gt cb1000r
Questions for those of you that have sold already.....#1. Do I need to remove my BMR minimum drop springs? Will they even notice, and would it be an issue if they do? #2. My quote from vroom was 3000$ higher than carvana. Has anyone had vroom try to lower the payment after they take the car? Carvana pays for the car at the time of pick up. Vroom sends payment a few days after pickup. What's to keep them from lowering their price , after they have the car? My carvana quote was 35400$ the vroom was 38300$ for my 2018 gt performance pack with 7800 miles. Thank you for any help or insight you may offer.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
My car is a 2020 GT base with less than 2,500 miles. Carmax for me was the highest at 38,600 which is several thousand dollars more than I paid new back in January. The problem is sure I could sell it and make a little money but anything else I would want to buy is also inflated so I would sell this only to wait a year or so until I can replace it with pretty much the same thing. It just is not worth the 3-4K profit.
It makes more sense for those who have multiple cars, wish they had something different, or already kept their car 2-5 years. Those who can wait until next year to buy will benefit nicely.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do I need to remove my BMR minimum drop springs?
unlikely they'd notice. you can check the 'modified suspension' if you desire. Now if you had 1" drops then I would at least mention it in the disclosure box.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
We just took a 2018 GT 400A A10 car in on trade at the dealer I work at, it has 28k miles and they have it listed for $39,300. Not sure what they bought it for.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I've been thinking about selling my 16 gt for the past week now and vroom's offer is pretty good. Was about 28k two weeks ago and now it's $30k. I did state that it has some chips/dings which it does and wondering how accurate their pricing is. My car right now has 52k miles. I bought it around 35k miles on Nov 2020 and owe about $20,500 right now. I love my car but want to get a newer one. Bought it for 25k otd last year with zero down, I knew the finance guy that did the paper work and what not which I also got a pretty good interest rate. I wonder how long these prices will last for and how accurate it is. They do come and inspect the vehicle before handing a check right?

91E2E4F0-8757-4AFA-A02D-E0C81E2F474D.png

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been thinking about selling my 16 gt for the past week now and vroom's offer is pretty good. Was about 28k two weeks ago and now it's $30k. I did state that it has some chips/dings which it does and wondering how accurate their pricing is. My car right now has 52k miles. I bought it around 35k miles on Nov 2020 and owe about $20,500 right now. I love my car but want to get a newer one. Bought it for 25k otd last year with zero down, I knew the finance guy that did the paper work and what not which I also got a pretty good interest rate. I wonder how long these prices will last for and how accurate it is. They do come and inspect the vehicle before handing a check right?

91E2E4F0-8757-4AFA-A02D-E0C81E2F474D.png
I would pull the pin. they'll ask you for moderately detailed pics most likely and yes the pickup driver will go over it to varying degrees of care. You can try again in a week, maybe 2 but Vroom is just burning investor money at an unbelievable clip and I don't know just how much longer they can get away with it.

With Mustang production apparently about to resume, the tables could turn suddenly.
You should be able to reach out during the process and say, I really need 31,500 for the car, how about it? And they may grant your wish. When I sold my EB (man, what would it fetch today?) I kept telling them no, and then said, this is my price, do it or quit bothering me. They hit my number.

I should run a Vroom quote on the car and see what it comes up with.
BTW my ex-EB has been for listed on CarGurus and such for 7 months and the asking is slowly coming down. I wonder if I can low-ball them, then flip it to Vroom for a tidy profit. That would be hillarious!!

Turns out Vroom's offer and what AutoLenders has it listed for are much too close for arbitrage. But it might be fun to lowball and try for 3 maybe even 4k in easy money.

If Vroom has public stock, it's a major short in my book. They are going to LOSE THEIR ASS in this stupid effort.

Last edited:

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I want to get a newer model and a different color. Maybe put a little down. I can always change my mind if they low ball me in person right? I'm not obligated to sell it to them right then and there?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want to get a newer model and a different color. Maybe put a little down. I can always change my mind if they low ball me in person right? I'm not obligated to sell it to them right then and there?
a quote is already provided before the car is picked up. I don't know how iron-clad the sales contract is with Vroom. With AutoLenders they did their due diligence prior to contract and at time of pickup. If something was up, they had no recourse afterthefact except perhpas in small claims for material misstatement. I would expect Vroom is giving you a 'firm' fixed offer subject to gross mis-representation on your part. but I haven't read the legalese on their sales contract to answer definitively.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
K I'll try and see how it turns out.