Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-roush-supercharger-granger-ford.156538/

Basically you special order your GT 4% below invoice then add either:

Stage 1 is $8500 installed (700hp)
Stage 2 is $9000 installed (750hp)

And you either pick it up at the dealer or have it shipped to your house like I'm doing. Looks like there will be some extra delay with the plants closing for several weeks. But the used car bubble is supposed to last all year and the value of my Mustang keeps going up while the price of a new GT stays the same so its actually a good thing right now.
Thanks
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I like old cars, but I wouldn't ever own one. they dont drive as nice or as strong as new ones, the luxuries I couldn't give up.

cool cars but wouldn't catch me dead selling a modern car to restore an old car, money pits. if you want a restored, buy it restored.
If you don't do most or all of your own work - that's some great advice right there - as in buy it restored.

But it doesn't take much to update older cars to drive / handle as good or better than newer cars. A good friend sold his Corvette earlier this year......he was looking at a SUV for his wife. Wasn't considering trading / selling the Corvette. Dealer gave him a trade offer. That turned into a cash offer. He took that and he's restoring a 2nd Gen Camaro. He's an accounting nerd - so he keeps track of EVERY dollar budgeted / spent (I'm serious - I helped him on restoring his Dad's old Jeep years ago and he would add "brake fluid" and the cost w/ tax to the spreadsheet). He's going to be less than $20K deep when he's done.

That's new paint, updated front and rear suspension, T56, built LS engine, AC, digital gauges, new interior etc. Granted he does all his own work. For some of us, that's a big part of the enjoyment of this hobby. To each his own.

Same car, same upgrades paying for labor (at $100 an hour or more) would be double that.

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
They sent me another offer this morning for an extra $600 on top of their first offer.. it’s real tempting.. Vroom

I’d like a 10-12 Shelby GT500 and I found a few that are reasonably priced (as of now)

how long should I expect the whole thing to take? I would get a sizable chunk coming my way over payoff...

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
This is just purely speculation, but I’m assuming the used car market is hot because:

1) Reduction of nationwide used inventories due to COVID keeping many people from traveling, (no mileage accumulation, no wear/tear) therefore people aren’t selling cars as quickly. Not to mention loss of income in some cases, which some people need to keep what they have until they can bounce back.

2) Car Rental Agencies aren’t retiring their fleets, again depleting the used car inventories

3) Carvana and the likes are now competing with the mainstream and mom-n-pop Dealerships by snapping up inventory at better “trade in” or “buy out” pricing than those others could offer.

4) Carvana and the likes are cornering the market on certain makes/models based on demand. For one example, I’ve noticed Carvana had at one point more 2012-2013 BOSS 302’s in their nationwide inventory than any other similar retail dealer - even more than what was listed on eBay from private party sellers.

5) If Carvana and others can offer good cash offers to sellers, word of mouth spreads and you have more folks signing up to them for a practically hassle free transaction, top dollar paid, than dealing with the haggling BS at a Dealership.

6) New car prices are getting to be absolutely ridiculous from every avenue. Many people happily buy used vehicles in excellent shape at a fraction of the price of new - plus they’re not getting nailed with massive depreciation valuations after buying a brand new car.

Just some observations.

They just closed ford plants for a month. Less new cars sold, less used cars traded in.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
So from what you have posted, what's in the fine print of that contract you signed? Can they change the payoff on you after they have or come get the car?

They don't pay you on the spot like Carvana, you're waiting for them to send a check after you have signed it over and relinquished the car? That's the part I don't like about their process. Think of it this way - would you ever turn over your vehicle and let someone you don't know come and get it with the promise of paying for it 3 days later?

Are you still required to carry insurance on it while it's in "processing mode" and in their possession?
Yeah no one takes my beloved GT without a check in my hand. Drug dealers can use cash if need be....Be just my luck that some wannabe test pilot beats on it as they test it out and then offer me less:)

One thing that puzzles me is who is buying these cars after they mark them up? I guess people are willing to overpay for used.
In any case no one is flat bedding my car away I bought it to enjoy not to try to get money out of. Its staying right here :)

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I'm really tempted but after looking at prices for this same car with similar miles around 30k I'm thinking I should just fix it and keep it. The cost of engine replacement for labor and new engine is $9,800. Another shop quoted me $10,600. But I want to supercharge it, so I'm debating on spending 20k to get this car where I want it or sell it and just buy something that already comes supercharged for 50k'ish used. Specifically I was looking at the camaro zl1 @ 650hp.
Really sucks to be in your situation... that's a lot of money. I'd consider that a pretty good offer from Carmax. Idk if you know but on local facebook pages there are people selling their boosted cars for 30-40 grand, but idk if taking over someone's toy is your cup of tea considering you don't know what they did with the car.

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Anyone sold their accident reported mustang? I talked to a guy and he got 25k on his gen2 with 50k miles however that was at carmax.

obviously through the internet these online dealers can’t gauge the damage estimates unless it’s seen in person so I’m sure that influenced by price of 24,999 for a loaded 19 with 14k miles through carvanaHouston too

if only I didn’t have an accident in mine this decision would be a no brainer
Purposeful bump as I want to know if anyone else can chime in :^)

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
Last edited:

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Just sold my mustang to a dealer (not carvanna but this should still help folks looking to sell)

2016 GT/CS manual. Suspension redone with the FRPP street pack, 16.7k miles, sold for $34k. Money was too good not to sell! Had been thinking about a Gt350, but ended up ordering a new M2

Last year carvanna had offered me $28.5k and I was getting excited. Vroom offered $28.2k this past winter.

Sponsored

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Do you guys think mustang prices will still be up in October?
I might consider selling my car later in the year.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do you guys think mustang prices will still be up in October?
I might consider selling my car later in the year.
It will all depend on new car inventories. When they catch up, trade in inventories will increase and then the used car prices will fall.

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
2016 GTPP 35,000 miles

10/21/2016 purchased for $36,688
4/29/2021 sold to vroom.com for $30,740

Pretty amazing. I have always hated the black, it drives me insane trying to keep it clean. My engine also blew up within the first 4,000 miles. Ford gave me a new one but the extended warranty expired this year. It needs tires and a clutch, plus it's been making a noise for a while.

We just bought a Wrangler 4xe and love it, but it's my wife's. I guess I'll be sticking with a beater for a while. I work remote so it's not a big deal.

Last edited:

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
They just closed ford plants for a month. Less new cars sold, less used cars traded in.
I agree with some of your points. I just got a deal from Carvana to buy my 2016V6. Deal that I could not let go, so I sold it to them knowing that I will have to wait a year before getting another mustang as the chip shortage is making dealers able to sell their cars at MSRP + and factory production is down. I am sure Carvana will sell it for more as the rep told me they want to increase their inventory so they are paying higher prices for used vehicles.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Wow, Metro Atlanta, 2015 Mustang GT premium with 32.5 k. Miles. Bought new 6 years, 2 months ago For $36,000 out the door.

Carvana $26,296
KBB.com $28,378
vrooom $32,267

carmax refused online offer due to “too few appraisals” in Their database.
Sponsored