What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

Rover

Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Chip shortage to continue for manufacturers for 6-12 months. Plus hurricane Ida just ruined a lot of cars so many people will be looking to replace those cars too.
Advertisement

wilkinda65

Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Premium (M0363), 2020 Charger WB
VROOm offered $53k for my Mach1. Told them to pound salt.

Baldilocks

Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
You’ll never get what it’s worth on those sites. They have to make a profit after all. Private sales are always the best.

ICU812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
When you're single and have nothing else to do, you drive! And keep on driving. Best feeling in the world.
Don't have to be single. Just wanting to be out of a house/building and in the fresh air.

Rover

Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Local FORD dealer sent a written offer $37.5K for my 17GT premium with 5K miles

EmCel

Reaction score
First Name
Eminy
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I'm done with selling for good. Carvana low balled me last time at 23k and algo at 29k but with the miles going up daily my car will be worth 15k soon 😂 all good tho I'll drive it until it dies on me. 👍🏻

Smunczen

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
The only thing I would get rid of my 20 PP2 would be a new raptor. The numbers still aren’t working for me.

Performance nut

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Lowball offer in my area, almost $10k less than what a dealership will offer me

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So here's a question for those who are selling to a place like Carvana, Vroom, trading in - or even private party...

Aside from just banking the $$$ on the sale - if you're out looking for another vehicle, are you REALLY getting any type of deal that was not break even - or where you're really getting a slamming deal that made selling your car so great?

I'm not seeing the benefit of selling and now being stuck paying more for a new car where the prices are higher than normal OR even buying a used car where the prices are in some instances just as high as a new car.

Crowd Hunter

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
You’ll never get what it’s worth on those sites. They have to make a profit after all. Private sales are always the best.
I'm not sure why you say that. I bought a 2019 GT for $36,000 in May of 2020 and sold it to Vroom for $41,500 in June of 2021.

Crowd Hunter

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
So here's a question for those who are selling to a place like Carvana, Vroom, trading in - or even private party...

Aside from just banking the $$$ on the sale - if you're out looking for another vehicle, are you REALLY getting any type of deal that was not break even - or where you're really getting a slamming deal that made selling your car so great?

I'm not seeing the benefit of selling and now being stuck paying more for a new car where the prices are higher than normal OR even buying a used car where the prices are in some instances just as high as a new car.
I sold my 2019 GT to Vroom then bought a used car. Some models have not seen huge increases like the Mustang or Tacoma have. You just have to understand the demand.

TheGame1190

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Its not a Mustang, but last year we bought an Escape with 30k miles on it for $15k. We just sold it to Vroom with 50k miles for $16.5k. We have four drivers and had four cars, but we can mange with three for awhile. When prices are a bit better, whether that be in a few months or a year or more, we plan on buying either a new Escape or possibly a Stinger GT2. If you can wait to purchase a new car, I definitely think it is worth it to sell now.

Baldilocks

Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why you say that. I bought a 2019 GT for $36,000 in May of 2020 and sold it to Vroom for $41,500 in June of 2021.
Just did a valuation of mine on Vroom. Sticker price on my 2020 Cali Special was $50K. My current offer on Vroom is 39,700. I could sell it privately right now for 2-3K more than that.

Zelek

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T

The price was already higher on any Gen3 Coyote over my Gen2 2017. The fact that I can pay well over 80% of the car off from the start was the reason I upgraded to a Mach 1. That and our days are limited on getting a manual transmission on a V8. Everything about this car is an upgrade from what I had.

Yes, it took a stupid high offer for me to bite and it happened.

Konamoth

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Haven't checked Carvana, but, Vroom is offering me $32,391. That's a bit more than I bought it for, even from a third-party. I'm guessing a dealer would offer a bit more, even.

The most I saw it valued at was ~$35,000, but that was a couple weeks ago from Edmunds.

Had I the disposable income on hand right now to put down an order for a GT Prem or even a Mach 1, I might be tempted. Assuming prices stay where they are—give me a couple months. 😉

Advertisement

173 - AWE - 1
Advertisement