Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
34k for my 16 premium with 30k miles. i think i paid less when i bought it new. nothing to replace it with since used cars are thru the roof and new cars are basically selling at sticker. i like my 800+ wheel, she aint going anywhere!
Sponsored

faser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
Maybe where you are. There are plenty of dealers around here and plenty of cars to go around. Here they won't give you crap for a trade, but they'll be happy to charge more using the current situation as an excuse.
Thank You!
This is precisely the situation that I was attempting to call attention to earlier in this thread when the IQ squad here burst forth and torched me with their 8th grade economics lecture about "supply and demand" that anyone over the age of 12 is well aware of.
There are dealers here in S FL sitting on parking lots full of cars but are manipulating their customers in true grease ball, car salesman fashion with all this "chip shortage", blah, blah, blah.
This is a horrible time to buy a vehicle and only a cave man is unaware of that fact. Wait 6-9 months to buy when most if not all of this crap blows over.
Remember the gas shortages(many of them since the 70s), the meat shortage, the hospital bed shortage, the vaccine shortage, and on and on. How long did any of those crisis situations last?
Don't be a sucker, you'll get what you want at a reasonable price if you can employ a judicious degree of patience.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
About a month ago I bought a 21 explorer ST. Sticker was 55,800, I paid 51,xxx after rebates and x plan discount. You can get a deal if you have a history with that dealership, and I do. I've used the same dealer for over 20 years and the general manager is the same guy that has been there since day one that I first walked in there. But if you don't have a good relationship with a dealer, I would wait at least 6 months before you buy.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The only issue I see is 5th to 6th. Mine usually skips 4th too.
If I start driving from a stop not flooring it or anything once it goes into 5th the power just lacks. You can hear it in my exhaust too. After it goes into 6th it's fine. It's as if my car sits in 5th to long. Sometimes I'll see my rpms slightly drop in 5th. I never saw it prior to the tune. Only happens in normal though so I wonder if it's the tourqe converter just trying to keep things study for mpg.
Sport mode can be rough sometimes so around town I usually leave it in normal. I'll have to get a video of it.
About a month ago I bought a 21 explorer ST. Sticker was 55,800, I paid 51,xxx after rebates and x plan discount. You can get a deal if you have a history with that dealership, and I do. I've used the same dealer for over 20 years and the general manager is the same guy that has been there since day one that I first walked in there. But if you don't have a good relationship with a dealer, I would wait at least 6 months before you buy.
You're lucky you still have the same manager for that long. My local dealer that's litterly a mile away likes to swap managers often. When I bought my Mustang it was super smooth. When my wife and I went to buy our F150 a new manager was there and could have cared less we are very local and bought from them. Tried to get one over on us big time with the price. Drove an hour to another dealership that had the same truck.
Some dealers appreciate your business. Others you're just another number to them.

Jerrycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
I am looking at a local dealer inventory and they are selling a used 2020 GT premium with 8K ish miles for 46K, the sticker price for it was 43K new, its crazy times.

I also did another vroom apprisal for giggles and its dropped quite a bit. it was well above 30K, now its under 30K.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I am looking at a local dealer inventory and they are selling a used 2020 GT premium with 8K ish miles for 46K, the sticker price for it was 43K new, its crazy times.

I also did another vroom apprisal for giggles and its dropped quite a bit. it was well above 30K, now its under 30K.
Mine dropped to about $24,200 from almost 29k a week ago 🙄 with vroom. Not sure why it dropped drastically, maybe they got annoyed by me not submitting and always applying for another offer once old ones expired. 😂

jweggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine dropped to about $24,200 from almost 29k a week ago 🙄 with vroom. Not sure why it dropped drastically, maybe they got annoyed by me not submitting and always applying for another offer once old ones expired. 😂

IMO , The market is starting to correct itself. May take time, but it will normalize.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
IMO , The market is starting to correct itself. May take time, but it will normalize.
I'm not sure about that. I got an offer from somewhere else for 5k more than them today. Who knows....

Sponsored

Jeezer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
41k for my 2020 gt premium with 6k miles

Sounds about right IMO.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
But anyway I decided to sell my car to ALGO and they should pick it up sometime next week. I'm just gonna wait it out a little bit and eventually buy another gt once prices go down. This car is pushing 60k miles almost so there's no sense in keeping because I know it will start causing me problems eventually. I'll make good money off of it so F it, why not. ☺ 💵

jweggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
But anyway I decided to sell my car to ALGO and they should pick it up sometime next week. I'm just gonna wait it out a little bit and eventually buy another gt once prices go down. This car is pushing 60k miles almost so there's no sense in keeping because I know it will start causing me problems eventually. I'll make good money off of it so F it, why not. ☺ 💵

Agreed, prices will normalize.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Agreed, prices will normalize.
Yep. I wanna get a white one this time. I had an orange now blue, it's time for white so I don't wash this shit every weekend.
Sponsored