Sponsored

What is wrong with people....why would you do this to this car!!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Those stripes look like Ebay specials. They don't go with that car.
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Who cares what some guys do to the look of their cars? It's a temporary possession.

Have you seen what some guys marry? But then wives can be temporary too. 😄

Sponsored

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Last edited:

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
OP thinks EVERBODY has to have his opinion/taste in things.

Just remember, opinions are like anuses, everybody has one, yet, no one wants to hear yours.

(no offense)

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
What about when the factory puts those "said" strips on? There are stripes on almost every type car you can think of.

While not my cup of tea, I don't think the subject of this thread is horrible. I much prefer doing something a bit unique rather than copying things that belong on the other models....like putting GT 350 style stripes on a regular GT or a GT badges on an Ecoboost, etc.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I know I'm old and don't really follow Mustang culture or the latest trends, but I see a lot of Mustangs with stripes, including mine. Is there something wrong with them on a Bullitt? Also, about those Mustangs (and other cars) with the wheels splayed out at the bottom... they can't actually drive them like that, can they?

Hye Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang, 1985 mustang
Why you acting like the bullit is something special. Most people bought them cause got great deals on them as dealers couldnt get rid of them. My opinion the bullits are ugly, the chrome trim, the color of the car, and the rims . One dealer I know referred to the bullits he had as anchors said he literally couldnt move them, was relieved when they were gone.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It's completely fine to not like what someone else does with their car, but please keep it respectful. I grew up around the Mustang purists constantly shitting on cars my family or myself owned.
"Ugh, they fuel injected a Mach 1, wish it was mine I'd put it right".
"Eugh, another T-5 swap in a first gen, just buy a new car and leave the originals to someone who appreciates them".
Even when I had my '88, I got remarks from purists - oh no aftermarket wheels, oh no a cervinis hood, oh lord a vortech.
At the end of the day the modified cars we had were always more widely loved by the public then the purists. If you don't like the mods, just at least be respectful.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What about when the factory puts those "said" strips on? There are stripes on almost every type car you can think of.
Those look better. And the factory won't put them on a Bullitt.

I know I'm old and don't really follow Mustang culture or the latest trends, but I see a lot of Mustangs with stripes, including mine. Is there something wrong with them on a Bullitt?
The Bullitt is a tribute to the movie. The car in the movie didn't have stripes.
Besides, stripes hint at racing, while the original wasn't a race car, it was just the lowly daily driver of a policeman. An understated car, which could tear up the tarmac if it had to, but wouldn't advertise it.
I think that's what Nova means. And I tend to agree.
Sponsored

Last edited: