What is this on the front bumper

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
New guy here and I am about to place an order for a 2017. :headbang: I was browsing autotrader one last time for a '16 to avoid the wait and saw this mustang that has this what looks to be some sort of 2 inch circle plug/cover looking thing on the passenger side of the front bumper. Google has failed me in figuring out what it is. Does anyone know what this could be? I don't want that on my car and want to ensure it doesn't come with on option I might have on my list, enhanced security package maybe? Car doesn't have adaptive CC so that's out. In case I fail at adding pics am going to add the autotrader link that has the pics. Thanks for any input.

-Rustan

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=63376&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&showcaseListingId=429903252&trim1=MUST%7CGT+Premium&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5BMUST%257CGT%2BPremium%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=3251723&startYear=2014&makeCode1=FORD&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=300&listingId=429639966&Log=0
2016-06-10 22.43.34.jpg
Sponsored

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
New guy here and I am about to place an order for a 2017. :headbang: I was browsing autotrader one last time for a '16 to avoid the wait and saw this mustang that has this what looks to be some sort of 2 inch circle plug/cover looking thing on the passenger side of the front bumper. Google has failed me in figuring out what it is. Does anyone know what this could be? I don't want that on my car and want to ensure it doesn't come with on option I might have on my list, enhanced security package maybe? Car doesn't have adaptive CC so that's out. In case I fail at adding pics am going to add the autotrader link that has the pics. Thanks for any input.

-Rustan

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2017&zip=63376&listingType=new&listingTypes=new&transmissionCode=MAN&transmissionCodes=MAN&showcaseListingId=429903252&trim1=MUST%7CGT+Premium&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5BMUST%257CGT%2BPremium%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&vehicleStyleCodes=COUPE&modelCode1=MUST&showcaseOwnerId=3251723&startYear=2014&makeCode1=FORD&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=300&listingId=429639966&Log=0
Maybe a towing hook behind it?:shrug:

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
tow hook

-Rustan

Its a Tow hook......you pull of the cover and screw in eyelet for towing, Most cars have them never seen one on a Mustang.....db252 is correct I have one on Mine HaHa

Last edited:
OP
OP

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Is there an option for tow hooks on US spec? This one is in Tennessee so Euro spec didn't cross my mind.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Haven't seen any on the US spec but I know you can order the European bumper as I looked into it for track purpose. My guess is the bumper was changed.

OP
OP

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Thanks guys, sounds like I have nothing to worry about.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
A tow hook? Why? Mustangs don't break down. And when they are wrecked they are totaled with body parts from the crowd hanging from it. LOL

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i wanted to say euro but the hood has the vents in it that i thought they did not get over there because of pedestrian safety? oh the irony considering how much crowd surfing mustangs do here in north america :(

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
i wanted to say euro but the hood has the vents in it that i thought they did not get over there because of pedestrian safety? oh the irony considering how much crowd surfing mustangs do here in north america :(
The Euro hoods have no vents

Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
its a tow hook for the new camaro to drag our S550s around !

The new camaro is faster,why ford didnt step up the 5.0 tp keep up
saddens me !

Glad I own a superchanrger
Dont worry, the camaro guys when it comes to FI cant seem to produce even close to the same numbers we can. Theyre running around with maybe 6psi kits and producing around 550whp. So we still have the upper hand

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Definitely tow hook cover. Not sure why some cars have it and others do not.
tow hook.jpg
tow hook 2.jpg

OP
OP

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Well as long as it doesn't come on mine I am cool. I don't understand why Ford would mess up the clean bumper with a plug that big.
Sponsored