Sponsored

What is the widest tire size you have used on your S550 Mustang? Share info & images

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
With stock offsets, I believe 315 are the maximum width you can run without modifying anything.

The pic below Niche Apex (matte/stainless) wheels, M/T Street Comp Tires:

Rear: 305/35/20 x 10.5"
Front: 255/35/20 x 10"

No negative camber. No rubbing.

Nice setup! Thanks for sharing the images and info. :headbang:
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
The difference is not so much on the width of the tire, but rather the composition of the tire. For example, we have had clients switch over from a 325/30/19 Michelin Pilot SS tire to 305/30/19 Toyo R888R like our good buddy Dennis (scruby) and he has reported better corning and handling abilities from the R-compound rubber and even with a narrower tire.

Let me know if you have any other questions, always here to help. :cheers:
*disclaimer

These improvements are in dry and warm environments. The MPSS is a better all around tire. The R888 is more focused.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
The 19x11.5 setup in the rear would require a 56mm offset to ensure they don't poke outside the fenders.

If anyone has any questions regarding the fitment, feel free to reach out to us, always happy to help. :cheers:
So just to be clear. A 19x11.5 will fit on a GT?
P.S. Any chance someone has a render of Project GR wheels with a candy apple red finish on a ruby red mustang?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
So just to be clear. A 19x11.5 will fit on a GT?
P.S. Any chance someone has a render of Project GR wheels with a candy apple red finish on a ruby red mustang?
This is pretty much what I want someone to confirm (especially if they can also tell me 345 MPSSs will fit with no poke)

Cheers

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
This is pretty much what I want someone to confirm (especially if they can also tell me 345 MPSSs will fit with no poke)

Cheers
Ditto on this...

I would like to go with 11-1/2" x19 rears and MPS 345x30x19.

I am lowered 1-1/2" with -1.6 camber. Will this setup work with NO poke and NO rubbing?

Sponsored

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Ditto on this...

I am lowered 1-1/2" with -1.6 camber. Will this setup work with NO poke and NO rubbing?
Depends on the offset. IIRC 56mm on the 11.5" wheel is what you need. Not 100% sure if this holds true using a 345/30 tire. There's a few members running the super wide tires, hopefully they can chime in. I have 325/30s on the way for mine...

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Ditto on this...

I don't think so. The Project6GR R-Spec rims, which are 11.5" and +55 offset in rear, will poke from what I've seen.

I ordered 11" rims (+50 offset) with 345 MPSS tires from them and they called because they were concerned it wouldn't fit right and/or look good so they recommended I back down to 325's. I'm only lowered 1" in rear (and roughly the same camber which is stock for the performance package).

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I don't think so. The Project6GR R-Spec rims, which are 11.5" and +55 offset in rear, will poke from what I've seen.

I ordered 11" rims (+50 offset) with 345 MPSS tires from them and they called because they were concerned it wouldn't fit right and/or look good so they recommended I back down to 325's. I'm only lowered 1" in rear (and roughly the same camber which is stock for the performance package).
I don't know, the pictures in the first post look pretty damn good and they are 345s. I'm just not sure what width of wheel they went with and the tires are Nittos, not MPSSs

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
I don't know, the pictures in the first post look pretty damn good and they are 345s. I'm just not sure what width of wheel they went with and the tires are Nittos, not MPSSs
That's basically the look I was going for. You can see they do poke slightly and the Eibach Pro Kit on that car only lowers the rear 1", not 1.5". Tiko from N4SM called me back after I had ordered and they didn't think it would fit right with the MPSS tires in 345 (I'm sitting on Steeda Progressives fwiw). I was a little bummed but I didn't want to change tire brand and they're the professionals so I have to trust them because I don't want the tires to poke or rub. I appreciate that they want to make it look right and not have issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
That's basically the look I was going for. You can see they do poke slightly and the Eibach Pro Kit on that car only lowers the rear 1", not 1.5". Tiko from N4SM called me back after I had ordered and they didn't think it would fit right with the MPSS tires in 345 (I'm sitting on Steeda Progressives fwiw). I was a little bummed but I didn't want to change tires and they're the professionals so I have to trust them because I don't want the tires to poke or rub. I appreciate that they want to make it look right and not have issues.
Thank you brotha! You're pony is going to look amazing with the MPSS's.

Can wait to see it done with these 6GR's on you pony :)

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
That's basically the look I was going for. You can see they do poke slightly and the Eibach Pro Kit on that car only lowers the rear 1", not 1.5". Tiko from N4SM called me back after I had ordered and they didn't think it would fit right with the MPSS tires in 345 (I'm sitting on Steeda Progressives fwiw). I was a little bummed but I didn't want to change tires and they're the professionals so I have to trust them because I don't want the tires to poke or rub. I appreciate that they want to make it look right and not have issues.
Nice.

Excuse my ignorance but will a bigger drop help or hinder?

I wouldn't want to drop the rear more then an inch, but I do love the look of those meaty tires from the rear!

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Nice.

Excuse my ignorance but will a bigger drop help or hinder?

I wouldn't want to drop the rear more then an inch, but I do love the look of those meaty tires from the rear!
More of a drop increases the likelihood that you'll have rubbing issues unless you change something else like rim/tire width, camber angle, or rolling the fenders.

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey N4Sm,
Would there be any rubbing or poke with a 325/30/19 MPSS or Continental ExtremeContact Sport on a 11.5 on a gt?

OxFord6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Premium + PP
Got my Gloss Black P6GR's delivered today! They shipped them with tires mounted and balanced so I could get them on the car right away :) I'll try and get some better pictures tomorrow. Thankful that Tiko talked me down from 345's in the rear! I do sort of wish that I had ordered 20" instead of 19" but I'm still totally happy with these!

They're 19x10 with 285/35/19 MPSS's on in front and 19x11 with 325/30/19 MPSS's in back.
IMG_3307e.jpg
IMG_3304e.jpg
IMG_3303e.jpg
IMG_3301e.jpg

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Thank you brotha! You're pony is going to look amazing with the MPSS's.

Can wait to see it done with these 6GR's on you pony :)
What do the 19x11 6GR's bare wheels weigh each?
Sponsored