Sponsored

What Is The "Perfect" Budget Specification Build For A Base 2019 Mustang GT?

AGM2018

First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone! I wish all of you, your family and friends a joyous and blessed Christmas! I have been searching the interwebs for what, in my opinion, is the "Perfect" budget specification build for a base 2019 Mustang GT: 301A Package, automatic transmission and 3.55 Gears, in either Ingot Silver, Magnetic Metallic or Velocity Blue. I considered the Active Valve Exhaust but, in my opinion, the stock exhaust sounds great and it is sufficiently loud. So far, I haven't found a single built car, as difficult as that may be to believe, only these three options.

I was just "curious" to what other consider the"Perfect" budget specification build for a base 2019 Mustang GT". Thanks for reading and offering your thoughts and opnions.
Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Thats pretty much it. 301a. 10r80 if you want. 3.55 if not going boosted.

Active exhaust is great for going quiet.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
That was my requirement. 301A, A10, 3.55. Bought one that also had active exhaust, and the black accent package. I'm glad I got the active exhaust, and I could do without the Black accent package. It was really all that was available in Kona.
20181218_132634.jpg

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
300A with Performance Pack and 10r80. A lot of bang for the buck with Ford discounts/rebates. I was in the 34k range last June on 18.

I like the PP1 goodies (brembo’s, bracing, iron diff, torsion 3.55’s, wheels/tires, wing/front splitter, gauge pack etc) especially if you plan to increase the hp. Add a E85 tune and done. Easy 11 second ride that handles and brakes with the best of them.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
300A with Performance Pack and 10r80. A lot of bang for the buck with Ford discounts/rebates. I was in the 34k range last June on 18.

I like the PP1 goodies (brembo’s, bracing, iron diff, torsion 3.55’s, wheels/tires, wing/front splitter, gauge pack etc) especially if you plan to increase the hp. Add a E85 tune and done. Easy 11 second ride that handles and brakes with the best of them.
Or 301A/A10/3.55 without Performance pack for easy 11's bone stock. 301A adds Drag mode.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Or 301A/A10/3.55 without Performance pack for easy 11's bone stock. 301A adds Drag mode.
Yeah I just had to choose between the 301A ($2000) or $450 for e85 (Unleashed) tune. Actually had that exact setup color and everything as yours bought (same money as pp1). I live close to the Ozark mountains and wanted to maximize the hardware from the start. Duplicating the pp1 hardware aftermarket and installed would be hard to do for the same $.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I just had to choose between the 301A ($2000) or $450 for e85 (Unleashed) tune. Actually had that exact setup color and everything as yours bought (same money as pp1). I live close to the Ozark mountains and wanted to maximize the hardware from the start. Duplicating the pp1 hardware aftermarket and installed would be hard to do for the same $.
In my case, I realized there was nothing I needed in the PP1 option, and the wheels & tires were getting changed anyway. It would've been $4,000 wasted.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
In my case, I realized there was nothing I needed in the PP1 option, and the wheels & tires were getting changed anyway. It would've been $4,000 wasted.
I was the same way on PP. I drove one with PP1 and found the ride a bit to harsh to suit my sensitive derriere. Besides, I wanted to be able to drive it in cold weather so I didn't want the summer tires.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
First of all, Merry Christmas to everyone! I wish all of you, your family and friends a joyous and blessed Christmas! I have been searching the interwebs for what, in my opinion, is the "Perfect" budget specification build for a base 2019 Mustang GT: 301A Package, automatic transmission and 3.55 Gears, in either Ingot Silver, Magnetic Metallic or Velocity Blue. I considered the Active Valve Exhaust but, in my opinion, the stock exhaust sounds great and it is sufficiently loud. So far, I haven't found a single built car, as difficult as that may be to believe, only these three options.

I was just "curious" to what other consider the"Perfect" budget specification build for a base 2019 Mustang GT". Thanks for reading and offering your thoughts and opnions.

https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/lfp-800hp/

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
For me, I wanted and got the following:

GT Premium - I wanted leather seats and all the other tech. items that 301a does not have (garage opener, heated/cooled seats, premium trim, etc.). The Pony projection lamps are my kids' favorite feature, and gets attention from adults as well.
PP1 - I love the 19" PP1 black rims and tires. I won't be changing the PP1 rims. I also like the raised rear spoiler, larger front air splitter, etc. I like having the better brakes, strut tower brace, larger radiator, and torsen 3.55 rear end. Basically, I wanted exactly what the PP1 offers.
A10 - a must have - much faster than a 6-speed.
MagneRide - improves handling without daily drive suffering
Safe and smart package - this was a must have for me.
Silver or magnetic, ended up with the Ignot Silver, which I love and wouldn't change.

One option Ford didn't offer that I would have gotten was the Bullitt engine upgrades. An extra 20 horses, factory warrantied? Yes, please. But I realize the Bullitt is a '19 model, and I got an '18. Anyway, would have been a cool factory option.

Premium plus was not a requirement for me. I like the standard analog gauges. They look good, and there is still a small screen in the instrument cluster that shows a plethora of information.

I wanted the Shaker pro audio system, but ended up not getting it.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I was the same way on PP. I drove one with PP1 and found the ride a bit to harsh to suit my sensitive derriere. Besides, I wanted to be able to drive it in cold weather so I didn't want the summer tires.
Yeah I drove both too and liked the stiffer more solid ride of pp1. I drive all the time in winter with zero problems on the ps4’s in dry weather. My car gets a break when snow/ice/salt comes though. Lol.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
For me, I wanted and got the following:

GT Premium - I wanted leather seats and all the other tech. items that 301a does not have (garage opener, heated/cooled seats, premium trim, etc.). The Pony projection lamps are my kids' favorite feature, and gets attention from adults as well.
PP1 - I love the 19" PP1 black rims and tires. I won't be changing the PP1 rims. I also like the raised rear spoiler, larger front air splitter, etc. I like having the better brakes, strut tower brace, larger radiator, and torsen 3.55 rear end. Basically, I wanted exactly what the PP1 offers.
A10 - a must have - much faster than a 6-speed.
MagneRide - improves handling without daily drive suffering
Safe and smart package - this was a must have for me.
Silver or magnetic, ended up with the Ignot Silver, which I love and wouldn't change.

One option Ford didn't offer that I would have gotten was the Bullitt engine upgrades. An extra 20 horses, factory warrantied? Yes, please. But I realize the Bullitt is a '19 model, and I got an '18. Anyway, would have been a cool factory option.

Premium plus was not a requirement for me. I like the standard analog gauges. They look good, and there is still a small screen in the instrument cluster that shows a plethora of information.

I wanted the Shaker pro audio system, but ended up not getting it.
Agreed. Only thing I wish my 300a had was the heated seats. Not a daily so no biggie for me.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
You should strongly consider the Recaro seats as well. They are insanely comfortable and supportive. I ordered my Mustang with the goal if making it a track car/fun DD. I don't feel I missed out on not getting any options. The car is light, fun to drive, and fast. Save your money on the active exhaust and get a Borla exhaust. It is money better spent.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
301A with active exhaust and the PP1. Recaros if they fit you well. Done.
Sponsored