Sponsored

What is the most effective way to go about fixing front bumper?

OP
OP
davidkrocks

davidkrocks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible
Thanks for all of your insight today! It helped ease my mind about the whole experience from like-minded Mustang people! I met with a shop nearby, and they said it would look best if they re-paint the entire bumper because of the particular type of paint, which honestly will be the best way to make it perfect. They said that they could paint the bumper for $650 cash. Although that's not the cheapest method, I can take this on the chin. Speaking of the chin, I will retain the exact chin spoiler even though it's scratched. I can always take it off and replace it with an aftermarket lip in the future. I'll be sure to post the final pic. I might get a random HF orbital polisher and learn how to polish the car out, apply a ceramic, and then call it a day on the exterior. Thank you!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
was the deer wearing a white jogging suit?
LOL

I swerved to miss him and ran into a steep ditch which caused me to hit a fence post.

I have since learned I should have hit the deer. Comp VS collision on my insurance. Habits are hard to break, avoid the obstacle.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
LOL

I swerved to miss him and ran into a steep ditch which caused me to hit a fence post.

I have since learned I should have hit the deer. Comp VS collision on my insurance. Habits are hard to break, avoid the obstacle.
As you known I am only kidding. Interesting about the insurance.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Thanks for all of your insight today! It helped ease my mind about the whole experience from like-minded Mustang people! I met with a shop nearby, and they said it would look best if they re-paint the entire bumper because of the particular type of paint, which honestly will be the best way to make it perfect. They said that they could paint the bumper for $650 cash. Although that's not the cheapest method, I can take this on the chin. Speaking of the chin, I will retain the exact chin spoiler even though it's scratched. I can always take it off and replace it with an aftermarket lip in the future. I'll be sure to post the final pic. I might get a random HF orbital polisher and learn how to polish the car out, apply a ceramic, and then call it a day on the exterior. Thank you!
I was close, I said $500

OP
OP
davidkrocks

davidkrocks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Convertible
Update: Its as good as new. Thanks to the local body shop in Malden, MA. I'm Meticulous about repairs, but this passes everything. I don't think I could even tell it happened. I'll pos
sXNBtfyPylnLogA8r8abHA=w1229-h1639-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
t a picture of the front of the shop. Bonus, The GTR is the body shop owner's car!
EVRavKOEKDzz3qBuNlA3IQ=w2185-h1639-s-no?authuser=0.jpg
Sponsored