Sponsored

What is the Fastest Speed You Have Reached, and for How Long?

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
145 uphill in 4th gear. Car was still pulling good but handling was real bad. Car felt like it was floating. Wife was a little 😳. It's a stock 300 a GT. Need to get some suspension work before I try it again. Again wife says I don't need to drive that fast so no need to upgrade suspension. Think I'll have to work on her for a little while 😜 😂.
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Not sure because the speedometer stopped at 186 mph on my CBR1000 when I lived a more moronic life.

In the mustang far far less. I am boring (but alive) these days.

Grayghostcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10r80
155 for about 5 seconds at most on a empty high way racing a snack pack ... but these cars are dangerous..in meaning that I felt like I was going maybe 80mph while going those speeds lol

SirJames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2020 Mustang GT Premium / 2021 Macan
Vehicle Showcase
For my fellow, crazy gearheads, what is the fastest speed you have reached, and how long have you maintained it?

For me, it was 130~150 mph (varied based off cylinder head temperature), for almost an hour and a half. Refueled after reaching a quarter tank @ 160 miles. About 12.5 miles to the gallon. All done with zero mods (well, I guess 285/30/20 tires). 6R80 w/ 3.15's.

I have to say, bravo to Ford--there were many moments where I could not tell I was actually driving more than twice the speed limit, it is quite terrifyingly smooth at those speeds. Only complaint? The intense vibrations of the hood--some serious positive pressure building up inside the engine bay. Definitely needs vents, either on the hood, or the front fenders (like the GT350's), to let the air out. Definitely would not drive it any higher than maybe 160 with the OEM design.

Can't wait to amp up the suspension and aero to try 200 mph some day in my life.

I'm more-so asking this, because I'm curious what kind of fuel economy & range you guys may have attained at those speeds. I'm heavily vested in a "high-speed" form of travel. West Texas to Houston in only five to six hours? It feels amazing.

But driving at that capacity for even that much time is FAR more tiring than driving for eight to nine hours normally. Time's cut in half, but all that energy spent in staying focused on every little detail (road conditions, signs, tire pressures, oil temperature, etc.) makes you doubly tired.

Was done "safely." Zero traffic, and a very well memorized highway in the middle of nowhere. Only casualty would have been myself.
158 for a couple seconds. It was summer in Texas. Toll started a slight turn and I got scared and backed off. Didnt want to test my luck more than that.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Non Mustangs included ? 172 indicated mph in a E46 M3 CS. The car had just had its Inspection 1 service and a new set of Michelin Pilot SuperSports all round. Midnight on an empty motorway so I thought now’s the chance to test the speed limiter. They were supposed to be limited to 155mph but there was some speculation that they actually weren’t so I put it to the test.
At that point I could see tail lights in the distance so I backed off and let it slow to a normal speed.

Last edited:

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Somewhere between 150 and 155. I was cruising at 90, when a group of cars (Challenger, Camero, and two Mustangs) blew by me. I decided to run with them and use them as blockers. The last time I looked at the speedometer before catching them, I had hit 150. 5th gear and she had plenty left. The Brembo’s got a workout. I closed on them faster than I realized. We continued to run around 115 to 120 for about 10 minutes before I got to my exit.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've gotten to between 140 and 150 nearly every lap at Brainerd on the big track in my GT350. I couldn't say the exact speed because a turn was coming up and I needed to get on the brakes. I only reached those speeds for a split second as the car was still accelerating briskly. I don't really love entering a corner at triple digit speeds. The consequences of messing up seem too severe. I prefer running the smaller track at Brainerd or the one near my home at DCTC.

On normal highways public roads in Mexico I might get up to 80 at the maximum. I don't like to drive a speed where a cop would arrest me if I were caught.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Around here there’s not too many places to “open her up” other than the highway… The PoPo have eyes in sky and anytime you reach triple digits you face arrest and being on the news. No thanx…That being said on my trip out west this past summer I hit 120 a few times with the wife chirping in my ear to slow down.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
130mph in my new edge a long time ago. Enough to get there and let off.

120-125 in the S550. Took much less time to get there. I had some weird driveline vibe come up around that time so I said “no thanks” and shut it down. My goal was to hit 140-150.

My focus ST I think was around 120 then shut it down.

I used to top out my Jeeps when I thought I was invincible.. my XJ would barely break 100 and my 2wd 4.7 WJ would hit the limiter around 115 but I know it could run 130+ with enough room.

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
140 mph in my 93 fox body.. Aluminum heads, cam and Lt headers and I just had installed nitrous so tried it out. Hit 140 and that was enough for me. I just wanted to be able to say I pegged the speedo. car was a lil shakey then so the second it passed 140 I was off the gas and on the brakes...

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Years back was in a position where responsible for security of several people in foreign county. Had several cars we used depending on the occasion. Two were quite fast. 88 Ford LTD with heavily modified suspension, engine/trans and armored cockpit. The other was a Ford (German) Scorpio. Both cars routinely did 160+MPH. The LTD close to 200MPH. Generally, we would pick up our person (s) at landing point taking them around for business, then back to helicopter for trip home. We would then have opportunity to drive on Autobahn to and from where we were going without any oversight.

Current Mustang tapped 135MPH one day. At this age, not into this anymore or risk of accident/ticket. Had my fun years back. :)

Edited Add: Driving on European Autobahn experience. Banked turns and surface flat without any deviations or pot holes

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
In October four of us ('21 GT500, '12 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, and two S550 GTs) were driving on a 60 mile stretch of road out in West Texas. The other 3 passed a slower vehicle and I had to wait for the next passing zone. They had put the hammer down so I cruised at 125-130 for about 20 minutes trying to catch up (slowing down a little for certain curves). Hit 150 for a few seconds. That's the only time I've ever sustained that kind of speed beyond a few seconds. Car felt pretty stable at 130. At 150 I was hoping the road stayed smooth.
Sponsored