Sponsored

What is the difference between Gforce 31 spine axel and ford performance 34 spline axel by Gforce

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
They are both rated for 1500hp and both have anti wheel hop techno logo but seems like ford performance might be a better priced product. Also anyone know what the slightly cheaper Gforce renegade axels are rated for hp wise?
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I picked up the renegade axles from Lethal Performance for my whipple project this winter. The new renegade axles are actually more like the old ‘outlaw’ axles. Nothing in common with the older 800hp axles. I can’t speak to the Ford ones, but they are supposed to be the best of the best. That being said, I think the renegades are plenty for the majority of folks.

Info on the new renegade axles here: https://gforce1320.com/gforce-releases-all-new-line-up-with-the-renegade-axles/

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I have the ford performance 1500 hp axles made by g-force, on my car. Not a single issue and they have a lifetime warranty, the competition doesn't have lifetime warranties.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up the renegade axles from Lethal Performance for my whipple project this winter. The new renegade axles are actually more like the old ‘outlaw’ axles. Nothing in common with the older 800hp axles. I can’t speak to the Ford ones, but they are supposed to be the best of the best. That being said, I think the renegades are plenty for the majority of folks.

Info on the new renegade axles here: https://gforce1320.com/gforce-releases-all-new-line-up-with-the-renegade-axles/
My issue with the Gforce Renegades is theres no rating on them anywhere. Even on that link. It says we are discontinuing the 850hp outlaws and replacing them with stronger renegades. So you assume yeah stronger must mean holds more than 850 but why arent they officially rating them. Things like that make me weary of the product. For $100-$200 more considering the normal Gforce renegade price is like $1600 on sale this week for $1500 I’ll probably just buy the ford performance ones to be honest. If we were talking about like $700 more then that would be different I would go with the Renegade version but it’s not worth possibly snapping them or even having to upgrade if I ever go over 800 wheel. The extra $200 is worth it for peace of mind. Thank you for the link. Appreciate it. My main question though if any one can explain is what’s the difference between 31 spline and what’s 34 spline though. Because Gforce sells a similarly priced to ford performance axel that’s 31 spline vs the version for ford that’s 34. Both rated at 1500hp.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My main question though if any one can explain is what’s the difference between 31 spline and what’s 34 spline though
Well the super 8.8 is a 34 spline so the 31 spline gforce will not work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the super 8.8 is a 34 spline so the 31 spline gforce will not work.
Will not work for what? All 3 half shafts are made for the 15-20 S550.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
They are all the same spline count where they fit into the housing and into the hub. The spline count referenced by gforce and others refers to the splines in the cv joints.

I have a set of Gforce Renegades in my car.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Must be a gforce thing. cause when i order a 31 spline moser axle shaft i get a 31 spline into the diff. Who the hell cares about the spline count in a CV joint. Anyways, my bad.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
They are both rated for 1500hp and both have anti wheel hop techno logo but seems like ford performance might be a better priced product. Also anyone know what the slightly cheaper Gforce renegade axels are rated for hp wise?
We are currently running 10% off all G-force products here at www.lethalperformance.com. I personally run the Renegades and can vouch for the quality being superb. If you are making anything over 1000hp I would opt for the Outlaws. Pm me with any questions you may have or feel free to give us a call at tel:1.561.753.8105!

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Must be a gforce thing. cause when i order a 31 spline moser axle shaft i get a 31 spline into the diff. Who the hell cares about the spline count in a CV joint. Anyways, my bad.
The reason I’m asking is I would like it explained what the difference is because clearly they feel it’s worth advertising. DSS does the same.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are currently running 10% off all G-force products here at www.lethalperformance.com. I personally run the Renegades and can vouch for the quality being superb. If you are making anything over 1000hp I would opt for the Outlaws. Pm me with any questions you may have or feel free to give us a call at tel:1.561.753.8105!
I’m aware but you didn’t include Ford performance even though made by Gforce. I was hoping to see a slight price drop on these but if not I’ll wait a little longer to buy. No rush.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I’m aware but you didn’t include Ford performance even though made by Gforce. I was hoping to see a slight price drop on these but if not I’ll wait a little longer to buy. No rush.
Ford Performance never does discounts unless they are on blowout due to discontinuation.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The reason I’m asking is I would like it explained what the difference is because clearly they feel it’s worth advertising. DSS does the same.
Larger spline count usually means a larger diameter shaft which almost always means stronger. Reduced spline counts are usually the opposite.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Performance never does discounts unless they are on blowout due to discontinuation.
Yeah I figured. No big deal. I just got Boundary OPG/CS set at a great Black Friday price from you guys which will be installed in January and the Edelbrock I bought from you has been delivered waiting in the house to be installed in March. The half shafts will be done in the summer along with some crisp new Radials. Like I said no rush. Little by little but if the Ford performance half shafts were dropped to even below $1600 I would be forced to jump on them early. Lol.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I figured. No big deal. I just got Boundary OPG/CS set at a great Black Friday price from you guys which will be installed in January and the Edelbrock I bought from you has been delivered waiting in the house to be installed in March. The half shafts will be done in the summer along with some crisp new Radials. Like I said no rush. Little by little but if the Ford performance half shafts were dropped to even below $1600 I would be forced to jump on them early. Lol.
Thank you for your business! If you change your mind the G-Force sale ends Dec 4th. After that passes don't expect them to go back on sale till next Black Friday.
Sponsored