Sponsored

What is the deal with the hostility and resentfulness here now?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The first G.I. Joe toys were just Ken dolls from Barbie with soldier clothes though. I think the better analogy here would be the girls forcibly joining the Boy Scouts to then make their own female only troop. Insanity....Or maybe I missed your analogies point, I'm at work the day after Christmas and my mouth hurts from a wisdom tooth coming in. Not sure I should be operating this keyboard. Pretty sure we all agree the mustang name shouldn't be on a SUV though.
Does it have what plants crave?
Irrelevant, you can't go 400 miles on Long Island, it's only 118 miles from tip to toe. I also prefer North Boulevard. Or driving at 2am.
@Mikthehun1 - try 25A from Glen Cove up through Brookville and beyond. Nice twisty road.
Wait till spring though..)
Sponsored

Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I have to admit, it's kind of funny to me the extreme reaction this one Mustang E has illicited. I'm a very casual Mustang6G user. I came on here when I bought my 2015 GT, I had one of the first. Before that I had a 2005 Mustang GT, which again I ordered the first year it was available. After the Mach E was announced, I was intrigued by it I decided to casually come back here, and it looks like Ive come into a royal emotional shitstorm.

So my question is: Why are you all so suprised or threatened by it? It makes no sense. You didn't need that post a week ago telling you there will be no V8s by the mid 2020s, all you had to was look at the CAFE chart showing yearly fleet MPG requirements. This isnt some 'green new deal' Democrat plot like I heard mentioned somewhere in the chaos. Its current Federal law. There is no way they can produce mass market V8 cars anymore. So that's my long winded way of saying of course it was going to go electric, there is really no other choice. As far as the body style, people just dont buy sedans or coupes anymore as a mainstream choice, they want SUVS and crossovers. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn't so, but it is. As far as not being a Mustang in design, its style looks just like the 2015+ Mustangs except up higher and a fastback CUV shape.

It maybe just that I'm the perfect demographic they were aiming for with this car. Just turned 39 last week, so early millennial, Mustang fan, wouldnt mind sitting higher up, and intrigued by electric cars and the torque and weight distribution benefits. All I know is the extreme reaction is unneccessary, it doesnt threaten your existence.
It was the same thing for Harley when they came out with the EVO engine.
One would have thought that Honda had taken over Harley.
Then the Twin Cam engine came out; same thing.
Now we have a Milwaukee 8 engine; back to one cam.
Most die hards have accepted it.

Not to mention now Harley has an Electric bike as well.

HORRORS..........sacrilege

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It was the same thing for Harley when they came out with the EVO engine.
One would have thought that Honda had taken over Harley.
Then the Twin Cam engine came out; same thing.
Now we have a Milwaukee 8 engine; back to one cam.
Most die hards have accepted it.

Not to mention now Harley has an Electric bike as well.

HORRORS..........sacrilege
As long as they never, ever call it an Electra-Glide . . . Live Wire I can at least live with.

Ford - pay attention here ^^^ !!!

Norm

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Why all the hostility towards the "Mustang" MachE name? Because it's marketing gimmick mockery of the Mustang brand and it sucks.

Reactions: nrc

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think that is the part Ford didn't expect or consider.
:like: . . . and for which none of the powers-that-be at Ford have any excuse for overlooking.

Think Probe, and if Farley and Hackett weren't going to take the resistance there to be serious and perhaps more importantly, likely to be repeated - neither of them belongs at Ford.

Norm

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least there isn't a Harley branded Honda Fit...
First we had Oldsmobile engines in Pontiacs, then Buick engines in oldmobiles...then GM transmissions in Fords....now there if there will be a single motor or association of manufacturers adhering to standarized chassis we'll be able to swap gears,motors and battery sizes to mod our vehicles....just like a Traxxas!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that they both considered it and expected it. They may be many things but stupid isn't one of them. They just
One of my buddies just got one of those. It's the best kind of stupid fun.
Someone other than Ford made an electric RC Mustang that looked really nice. Maybe Tamiya or Traxxas..not sure.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have to admit, it's kind of funny to me the extreme reaction this one Mustang E has illicited. I'm a very casual Mustang6G user. I came on here when I bought my 2015 GT, I had one of the first. Before that I had a 2005 Mustang GT, which again I ordered the first year it was available. After the Mach E was announced, I was intrigued by it I decided to casually come back here, and it looks like Ive come into a royal emotional shitstorm.

So my question is: Why are you all so suprised or threatened by it? It makes no sense. You didn't need that post a week ago telling you there will be no V8s by the mid 2020s, all you had to was look at the CAFE chart showing yearly fleet MPG requirements. This isnt some 'green new deal' Democrat plot like I heard mentioned somewhere in the chaos. Its current Federal law. There is no way they can produce mass market V8 cars anymore. So that's my long winded way of saying of course it was going to go electric, there is really no other choice. As far as the body style, people just dont buy sedans or coupes anymore as a mainstream choice, they want SUVS and crossovers. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend it isn't so, but it is. As far as not being a Mustang in design, its style looks just like the 2015+ Mustangs except up higher and a fastback CUV shape.

It maybe just that I'm the perfect demographic they were aiming for with this car. Just turned 39 last week, so early millennial, Mustang fan, wouldnt mind sitting higher up, and intrigued by electric cars and the torque and weight distribution benefits. All I know is the extreme reaction is unneccessary, it doesnt threaten your existence.
I'm angry because to me electric cars are symbolic of modern government over-reach and corruption (I would call it a form of tyranny). Kind of like ethanol - where the government took bribes from ADM and then required ethanol to be added into fuel. They said ethanol was good for the environment and then years later (and billions in sales for ADM) the government said, "oops, yeah we were wrong". The government says electric cars are good for the environment, but in reality they aren't. Very few people are buying electric cars - even though the government is stealing money from our pockets and giving it to electric car manufacturers and purchasers.

It would be different if electric cars were good enough that mainstream people wanted them. But that isn't the case. Electric cars are still a fashion/lifestyle choice and they are not practical yet. Range is too short and recharging takes too long.

The people don't want something, but the government is forcing it down our throats anyway. And that thing that I don't want - Ford is calling it a Mustang. I've owned Mustangs since I was a teenager in the 80s. I've owned so many Mustangs that I have trouble even listing all of them.

So I care about what happens to the Mustang brand/name. Basically I see it going into the dumper and I don't like that.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This came through my google feed a few days ago. Seems even outside of this forum, actual EV owners have some resentment about charging. I am sure this was not the only place to have this issue. Will only get worse before it gets better. https://keyt.com/traffic-2/2019/12/27/tesla-drivers-stuck-waiting-4-hrs-at-central-coast-charging-stations-during-holiday-travel/
This is not the least bit surprising, except of course if you’re a Tesla Owner (not you Zack). Everyone expects traffic, congested airports, busy hotels, and restaurants during the holidays. Knowing that the charging network is limited some prior planning might have been advisable. Now the poor guy who rented an EV probably had no clue but owners should have known better. Well they will for the next holiday.
Sponsored