Sponsored

What is the craziest/silliest mod you've come across.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
All the stick on roush parts. Pure rice. Side scoops and hood scoop. So tacky and useless.
If those types of things looked the exact same way but was functional...what would you think?
Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
TB spacer.

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
If those types of things looked the exact same way but was functional...what would you think?

If they were functional I would like them a lot more.

Being non functional and stick on is what makes them so silly.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
If they were functional I would like them a lot more.

Being non functional and stick on is what makes them so silly.
Looks wise...it doesn't matter if it's stick on or not. Generally looks the same. I have never really understood why people hate that type of thing so much. When you ask someone they just state "well it's not functional". If it's for looks why hell would it matter if it's functional. Most people don't put on scoops and those types of things for functionality. This isn't towards you, just kind of a rant towards "that crowd". Im sure they feel the same toward "us"....all good and ones opinion I guess!!!

Sponsored

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Looks wise...it doesn't matter if it's stick on or not. Generally looks the same. I have never really understood why people hate that type of thing so much. When you ask someone they just state "well it's not functional". If it's for looks why hell would it matter if it's functional. Most people don't put on scoops and those types of things for functionality. This isn't towards you, just kind of a rant towards "that crowd". Im sure they feel the same toward "us"....all good and ones opinion I guess!!!
That's what makes it rice. Of course plenty of people like them still but I find it ridiculous putting a hood scoop on the car that just sticks on top of the factory hood. Same for the stick on side vents. Falls in the same category as all the autozone vents people stick all over their cars.
Now if they were functional rear brake ducts or a hood scoop that would connect to intake or something it would make a lot of sense to me and I would consider doing them. I guess I am generally a function over form guy though.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Here ya go..pick one from below
image.jpeg

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Mazda RX-7; 2016 Ecoboost PP O.W.
I'd understand people throwing the fender flares, like that RTR Mustang on if they cost what they're worth ($10), but if you're spending more than $10 on that non-sense you're insane...and some Liberty Walk kits cost $20k!!!
Reasonable kits (potentially including the RTR though it isn't released yet.) Are really more like 200 dollars a corner or less. Honestly if they are well crafted and actually fit the car and have good style decisions the cost makes sense.

If you think you could do fenders for 10 dollars..I welcome you to try.
Honestly I think the real hesitation is cutting the factory metal to actually make use of the overs. Most of the vendors sell them in much less quantities than E-famous links all over the place would otherwise imply.

Liberty Walk might be 20k (though I've not seen that price quoted anywhere) but they are for cars that cost 200,000 dollars. There is a higher build expectation, and the R&D costs are far more, and you'll be paying for the exclusivity.

Sponsored

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
That's what makes it rice. Of course plenty of people like them still but I find it ridiculous putting a hood scoop on the car that just sticks on top of the factory hood. Same for the stick on side vents. Falls in the same category as all the autozone vents people stick all over their cars.
Now if they were functional rear brake ducts or a hood scoop that would connect to intake or something it would make a lot of sense to me and I would consider doing them. I guess I am generally a function over form guy though.
Opinions...I guess we are allentitled to them. I just think it's funny that when a mod is done that someone doesn't like it's rice. A lot of people on here that do most of these "rice" mods are doing things tastefully. Like I said...opinion I guess!!!

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Opinions...I guess we are allentitled to them. I just think it's funny that when a mod is done that someone doesn't like it's rice. A lot of people on here that do most of these "rice" mods are doing things tastefully. Like I said...opinion I guess!!!

Well those stick on parts are the definition of rice. Rice=race inspired cosmetic enhancements.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium