Sponsored

What is the craziest/silliest mod you've come across.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I'm curious how it looks out of place if the cars are identical from the hood back? I haven't seen pics of them on a GT/eco yet but seems odd it would be different than the R.
Aesthetic balance. The front of the GT350/R is wider and has a much more aggressive front splitter/bumper. The spoilers are balanced because of that.

Just throwing the huge R spoiler on a GT or whatever looks way out of place because it's got nothing up front to balance the look.
Sponsored

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Mazda RX-7; 2016 Ecoboost PP O.W.
Aesthetic balance. The front of the GT350/R is wider and has a much more aggressive front splitter/bumper. The spoilers are balanced because of that.

Just throwing the huge R spoiler on a GT or whatever looks way out of place because it's got nothing up front to balance the look.
But you could just as easily throw on an ARP splitter (though IMO what they offer isn't big enough or go back far enough)

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I like this thread ....I have a List a mile long ..Electric exhaust cut outs ..you want to burn up your valves go get 1 ..we'll wait around to read how you really do not understand why the shop says you need new heads and an intake .................

Ayabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GG GT Premium with PP
Anything plasti-dipped, sorry kids, that crap is one step above stick-on vents from Pep Boys. I know your friend has 'hella dipping skillz brah', just don't.

I'll show myself out....:headbonk:

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything plasti-dipped, sorry kids, that crap is one step above stick-on vents from Pep Boys. I know your friend has 'hella dipping skillz brah', just don't.

I'll show myself out....:headbonk:
I generally agree. I do intend to get the blank rear panel, but for the front grill I'll likely be dipping the chrome mustang. Its not my preference but it's a tie-me-over until I get the RTR Grille pack. (at least that's what I'm leaning towards)

Sponsored

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
I generally agree. I do intend to get the blank rear panel, but for the front grill I'll likely be dipping the chrome mustang. Its not my preference but it's a tie-me-over until I get the RTR Grille pack. (at least that's what I'm leaning towards)
I did this. It was very cheap, very easy, and looks perfect. The only way you would be able to tell is if you touch it with your finger, other than that it looks perfect and is a much better option than buying a replacement badge or removing and painting, etc.

Not sure why all the hate on dip. When done right, it looks good.

Tomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
I'd understand people throwing the fender flares, like that RTR Mustang on if they cost what they're worth ($10), but if you're spending more than $10 on that non-sense you're insane...and some Liberty Walk kits cost $20k!!!

As for the 350R wing, idk, I like it (obviously). After spinning on the track at 70mph, I hope it'll help me out there, too. I prefer the front end of the regular GT and I think it flows with the lines of the car great. I'll eventually be putting an aftermarket hood on my car as well, to hopefully help with cooling and front end lift. And a wing is a wing, not making my car a clone.

My biggest issue with "butterfly" doors is that they still have to open out, in a regular fashion, before you can push them up. And they add like a billion pounds. Lol. If they could be done right it might be okay, but they can't...leave them to Lamborghini's.

The Problem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
i might be in the minority but scissor doors are actually very practical. You can open them normally or push them up if you're in a tight spot. Also if you are putting groceries in the back seat, you are less likely to bump the door with your butt on your way back out if your doors are up. It can avoid a door ding from your end for sure.

But these guys that think everything aesthetic is rice will say otherwise.

Sponsored

RouteAbel

2015 GT PP, Magnetic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, Magnetic
My bat-mobile mods are completely ridiculous but I enjoy them.

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
My bat-mobile mods are completely ridiculous but I enjoy them.
You are correct those are ridiculous. However, I like the blue accents on the center console. What did you use for those?

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
i might be in the minority but scissor doors are actually very practical. You can open them normally or push them up if you're in a tight spot. Also if you are putting groceries in the back seat, you are less likely to bump the door with your butt on your way back out if your doors are up. It can avoid a door ding from your end for sure.

But these guys that think everything aesthetic is rice will say otherwise.
Just because it is practical doesn't mean it looks a bit silly. steelies are practical, but I think they are dumb.

Also I think more people do it for the aesthetic than the, "practical" part.
Sponsored