Sponsored

What is the best place to post a HEP R for sale?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
No way I would pay 5% in a commission to purchase a vehicle from an online service, but to each there own. There are to many avenues these days that will accomplish the goal. Just take a peak at the classified’s in this forum. I’ve listed lots of vehicles over the years as well on EBay, and every one sold outside of EBay. Specialty vehicles are rarely if ever purchased with a buy it now, car enthusiasts typically do there diligence and rightfully so.

Each to their own but over the last ~30 years of listing with eBay from time to time I have had absolutely no issues and in fact the few cars that I have sold on Ebay during that time period have been sold outside of the eBay posting including a couple of 2008 and 2009 GT500 convertibles and a 2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary model.

I have not had any experience with BAT but with a 5% commission buyers fee I feel much more comfortable dealing with eBay and working with the many long time employees of eBay Motors that are all domiciled in Salt Lake City and are some of the easiest and cordial people to work with that I have come across in a very long time.

The last time that I worked with eBay Motors and their team in SLC I believe that the least seniority person in SLC had ~20 years of service which pretty much speaks for itself.

Again only my experience and opinion with the good people at eBay over many years of working with them.

:sunglasses:
Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Each to their own but over the last ~30 years of listing with eBay from time to time I have had absolutely no issues and in fact the few cars that I have sold on Ebay during that time period have been sold outside of the eBay posting including a couple of 2008 and 2009 GT500 convertibles and a 2015 Ford Mustang GT 50th Anniversary model.

I have not had any experience with BAT but with a 5% commission buyers fee I feel much more comfortable dealing with eBay and working with the many long time employees of eBay Motors that are all domiciled in Salt Lake City and are some of the easiest and cordial people to work with that I have come across in a very long time.

The last time that I worked with eBay Motors and their team in SLC I believe that the least seniority person in SLC had ~20 years of service which pretty much speaks for itself.

Again only my experience and opinion with the good people at eBay over many years of working with them.

BaT's 5% commission is still significantly better than any auction house with larger exposure and the ability to speak to the seller directly. We have also seen the premium that Bat cars tend to bring over other sites.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
BaT's 5% commission is still significantly better than any auction house with larger exposure and the ability to speak to the seller directly. We have also seen the premium that Bat cars tend to bring over other sites.
Understood but the previous poster to you certainly agrees with my thoughts as well based on his extensive experience of selling cars via eBay over many years.

When selling a ~$100,000 car on either site why would anyone pay an additional $5000 on BAT when they could purchase the same said vehicle on eBay for $5000 less?

Just curious as to how many cars have you sold on BAT V eBay over the years and what data do you have to back up your claim that BAT provides a premium selling price over eBay?

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Understood but the previous poster to you certainly agrees with my thoughts as well based on his extensive experience of selling cars via eBay over many years.

When selling a ~$100,000 car on either site why would anyone pay an additional $5000 on BAT when they could purchase the same said vehicle on eBay for $5000 less?

Just curious as to how many cars have you sold on BAT V eBay over the years and what data do you have to back up your claim that BAT provides a premium selling price over eBay?

Why would someone sell at an auction house with higher fees and charges the buyer and the seller? Exposure and committed buyers.

Ive listed cars on both sites and dealt with a lot more tire kickers on Ebay and Ive heard many complain about buyers disappearing after winning the auction.

on Bat a 2000 R hammered for 98k with 2500 miles, no black binder, and a wing that had been broken and repaired. at the same time a 2000 R was on ebay in near identical condition with 500 miles less, no damage, and the black binder and it bid to 90k with no sale.

on Bat 1 of the 100 2017 viper gts-r was listed at the same time one was for sale at a ferrari dealer. both appeared to be very clean with no stories and despite the Bat car having 7k miles more, it sold for 10k more than the asking price of the other.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Why would someone sell at an auction house with higher fees and charges the buyer and the seller? Exposure and committed buyers.

Ive listed cars on both sites and dealt with a lot more tire kickers on Ebay and Ive heard many complain about buyers disappearing after winning the auction.

on Bat a 2000 R hammered for 98k with 2500 miles, no black binder, and a wing that had been broken and repaired. at the same time a 2000 R was on ebay in near identical condition with 500 miles less, no damage, and the black binder and it bid to 90k with no sale.

on Bat 1 of the 100 2017 viper gts-r was listed at the same time one was for sale at a ferrari dealer. both appeared to be very clean with no stories and despite the Bat car having 7k miles more, it sold for 10k more than the asking price of the other.
Not sure how long you have been listing and working with eBay but my experience goes back to when eBay launched in 1995.

During the last 26 years it has been my experience that most of the best vehicles listed on eBay typically sell outside of eBay and that is also been the experience for @Inthehighdesert based on his earlier post.

You mentioned on your previous post that a 2000 Cobra R hammered on BAT for $98K which OTD is $102,900 and then go onto say that another 2000 Cobra R with less miles and came with the Black Binder only bid to $90K and did not sell.

My question to you is, how do you know that the eBay vehicle did not sell and also for a much higher price?

Like many others I have been involved with on line and in person car auctions for a very long time and can tell you that once a cool vehicle such as the 2000 Cobra R hits the eBay auction site most interested buyers will immediately make contact with the consignor and will ask him/her to make a deal outside of eBay which is the experience of myself, @Inthehighdesert and many other enthusiasts.

Obviously BAT does very well and have discussed their business model with numerous other fellow enthusiasts and we all agreed that why would we purchase a $100,000 vehicle from BAT which would be $105,000 OTD when we have the opportunity to purchase a vehicle of the same caliber from eBay for $5000 less?

Each to their own but I personally have enjoy working with eBay for many years and just as the other member mentioned earlier all of my eBay listings have also sold outside of the auction.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Obviously BAT does very well and have discussed their business model with numerous other fellow enthusiasts and we all agreed that why would we purchase a $100,000 vehicle from BAT which would be $105,000 OTD when we have the opportunity to purchase a vehicle of the same caliber from eBay for $5000 less?
ummmm...because the OP is the seller, not the buyer 😁

any seller would want top dollar, and we have all seen the prices here lately in BAT.

you said it yourself in your first post here...

Paul, unless your friend needs to sell his HEP R very quickly I would take a serious look at taking this car to auction along with setting a Reserve Price that he is very comfortable with.
EDIT...reading that last quote again looks like you meant more along the lines of Barret or Meecum, but could also be read as a BAT situation :wink:

Gahendo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
F250
You poor, poor man.
I know right? For some reason she’s never loved the 350. I originally told her it it would have to sell in the 90’s to leave and after she read about the bat one going for 100k called my bluff.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
ummmm...because the OP is the seller, not the buyer 😁

any seller would want top dollar, and we have all seen the prices here lately in BAT.

you said it yourself in your first post here...

EDIT...reading that last quote again looks like you meant more along the lines of Barret or Meecum, but could also be read as a BAT situation :wink:
I was thinking more of Mecum as the consignor has total control of is car with a Reserve Price and as well gets to work with Ben Mecum at the Bid Goes On Desk if the reserve is not met or lifted.

I agree that any seller wants top dollar and think that BAT offers a terrific service but it is just not for me from both a consignor or sellers standpoint.

Agreed on the BAT pricing of late but do you think that the pricing is any different at eBay for the vehicles that are sold outside of eBay?

I have had great success with eBay and also with the Mecum Team over many years therefore no reason to change at my old age! :giggle:

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
fair enough...I also have been using fleabay for awhile, back in 2002 I bought a lightly used C5 corvette as my first online purchase. I think I have bought at least 15 more cars over the years on there, culminating in the very 350r I now have 😂

where I differ though, is I have never had good luck SELLING on their platform... but GREAT luck buying :wink:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
fair enough...I also have been using fleabay for awhile, back in 2002 I bought a lightly used C5 corvette as my first online purchase. I think I have bought at least 15 more cars over the years on there, culminating in the very 350r I now have 😂

where I differ though, is I have never had good luck SELLING on their platform... but GREAT luck buying :wink:
Understood and absolutely love those AG R models.

On top of getting an outstanding automobile you saved yourself 5% on the purchase price as well so how good is that.:like:

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
You are missing out on the no commission for seller/buyer Craigslist option.

where else can you find a mop & bucket, fake ID’s, and GT350’s in a one-stop-shopping option?

Good looking color if I do say so…

my 350 was from CL and I only had to throw away one body from the trunk.

134B11E3-2D9E-4693-BA71-C60B49F58443.jpeg
6FE7BC2B-1DC8-407F-8B20-8CE88A3B5C24.jpeg
583B3ED4-C511-4800-BB4C-ABC716472FEC.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Cars on eBay are listed over and over and over.

There's no way to truly tell if a car "sold" to use it as a gauge for current market values. The other problem is eBay is full of consignment shops. These shops are buying cars from private parties (or charging that party ridiculous fees) to list their vehicle not only on eBay but on their own site for 50%-70% markup so that the consignment shop can take their share.

I've seen vehicles on eBay be listed literally 12-15x, go offline for a week or so then it's back online.

BaT is getting to be the online version of Barrett Jackson for lack of common sense and emotion driven... Some sold listings have absolutely ludicrous prices paid and I'm not just talking about just Mustangs either. BaT used to be listings for your average street vehicles, now it's more like an art gallery with fancy listing statements.
Sponsored