Sponsored

What is it that you love about the Mustang?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Title says it all. What do you love about the Mustang?

If your comments pertain to a certain year, please include that too. If it is general, that is great as well.

When did you start loving the Mustang?
Sponsored

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
I've loved Mustangs my whole life. As a child they always stuck out to me with the horse on the grill and the cool styling. My first car was a 1968. It was in pretty bad shape, but I loved it and learned a lot about working on cars from it. My Dad and my grandmother both had Mustangs, and I was brought home from the hospital in a 1965 Convertible. My Dad and I bought a 1965 in 1994, and have owned it since then, although my Dad has unfortunately passed away. I currently also own a 2019 GT. They are just an obsession of mine!

I love them all, but my least favorite are the 1971-1973. I just feel like they got too big then. I do love the Mustang II's, several of my friends had one in high school. I like their size and styling. All through high school and college, I drooled over Fox bodies too. So yeah, I pretty much love them all!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I didn't start loving the Mustang until I bought mine a couple years ago.

I was pretty much an old car (classic hot rod) Chevy guy. Finally bailed on a '67 Chevelle project for a multitude of reasons.

I still like the old cars, and eventually get another, but right now I just love everything about it.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
This is my 2nd 16 gt, I've always loved them.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I got a used 2004 Mustang GT in 2010, she was a munny-pit! In late 2016, I purchased a brand spankin new 2017 Mustang GT. What I love about the Mustang, is that it's an affordable sportscar now, with a v8. Since likely, in a few years we won't be rolling any dino-powered cars, I wanted to be able to say I've driven a dino-powered car, and it was a good, old fashioned american v8, made properly!

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Great thread.

First, I would say that for me personally, I don't consider myself a brand loyalist. I remain objective for everything as much as I'm able, when it comes to consumer products, services, etc. I look at the various features, benefits, advantages, disadvantages, etc., of anything I'm looking at, and make a decision. Also, I bias more toward being a qualitative person, more than a quantitative person.

I have this outlook because I believe that at certain point, blind loyalty (whether to a product, service, person, group, etc., etc.) causes one to overlook and make excuses for certain disadvantages and "deficiencies" that would otherwise be important to consider.

I'm a car enthusiast, vs a brand enthusiast, and came from import brands (Honda, Nissan). This was my first domestic-branded vehicle, and first Mustang. Like a lot of folks have mentioned in recent threads here, regarding comparisons they did between Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, or whatever else, prior to signing on the dotted like, I did the same. After looking and pouring over all the different factors for each car in the segment, these are the general positive attributes and advantages, in my view, for what made me sign the dotted line:

-The 2015 S550 generation overall design: I almost instantly loved this new design direction when it came out. I always liked the look of the previous S197s and such, but this generation`s direction just really hit it for me. (I believe personally this generation will go down in history as one of the best Mustang designs ever.)
-Independent Rear Suspension: This has been talked about at length all over the place, but my driving style and preferences bias a lot toward handling (but who doesn`t love power) and this fact alone, in conjunction with the styling, really sealed the deal, making this generation really appealing.
-Value: Some folks can debate this, and I can understand. For me, I saw that the Mustang offered a great overall value for each respective trim of the car.
-Well-roundedness: I wanted a 2-door V8 car this time around, that could do a lot of things well. Many cars bias toward one trait (straight-line vs handling, etc.) The Mustang is able to balance a lot of things well. I`m not a track rat, but will go here and there, but I also needed a daily, and I can only have one car. Not to turn this into the other `Why didn`t you buy a Camaro` thread, but just to take the Camaro, for example, depending on the trim, it is the better sports car; but the better overall car is the Mustang, in my view, and for what I was looking for.

The Mustang in this current generation is far from perfect, but Ford has done a lot of things very well, and hit the nail exactly on the head with this current generation. True that the highest sales in any given segment don`t indicate the best car. However, it is those sales themselves that do indicate what, aside from price and value, was done well, for people not only in North America, but around the world, to chose a Mustang. It is challenging to put out a car that does a lot of things well, compared to something that does one or two things well.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
After I was born I was taken home from the hospital in a blue 1967 fastback. While I don't remember the car at all (unlike the white on blue 1968 Fairlane wagon that replaced it) other than a photo of it, apparently the infection was well rooted. I've always had one around for the most part for 30+ years.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Started really liking them with late 80s Foxes. Finally bought one in 1992, a convertible 89 LX 5.0 five speed. Since then, it always took a few years to get used to a style change, exception with the S197s. When those came out, the reaction was "I want one of those!" First Detroit car I thought that about since 1972.

What do I like? Easy to mod to get stupid power, and strong enough from the factory not to break things to pieces with reasonable mods, at least with more recent models. Lots of bang for the buck, and they still deprectiate fast enough so second and third owners just plain clean up on value. For the S550s, they FINALLY got all the bugs out of convertibles, even sun scorching the underside of the top material like on all older convertibles.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Space, pace, grace and comfort.

This car is completely bi-polar. I can be the most comfortable, relaxing, confidence-inspiring, quiet, long-distance cruiser ever. Or it can be loud, firm riding (but never harsh), violent, and exciting.

Add in the styling beauty, both inside and out, and the (so far) 100% reliability, and it's a combo that can't be beat.

If I had to drive from NYC to LA, there's no other vehicle I would rather do it in. And the same goes with the DDing role it performs for me so well. It's a true Grand Tourer.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My first one, always wanted one (43 yrs old)

• Its loud
  • Its green
  • Its a manual
  • Its very fast and overall a rowdy car
  • All the bells and whistles, including the digital gauges and lighting adjustments, heated steering, butt warmers
  • I drive it every day, and it is more comfortable than my 2018 Honda Accord
As my first "sports car", this thing runs like a scalded dog, looks great and gets ton of attention. All I hoped a Stang would be.

Sponsored

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The look of the car got my attention. The voodoo and tremec sold me on the car. Love the way it sounds and drives.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I never bought a new vehicle until I saw the S550. It takes awhile for things to grow on me, but I saw this one and jumped on it. The color (DIB), the styling, the factory stripes, manual trans, the interior, and gear ratio just all clicked for me. And I mostly owned GM vehicles.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I loved the 60s Mustangs but didn't care so much for subsequent models until 2005 because the S197 looked more like the original fastback Mustangs. I love nearly everything about my '19 GT (styling, engine, suspension, and auto transmission that enhances instead of detracts from performance). I do wish it was lighter and that the nose looked more traditional instead of the Aston Martin knockoff look.

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
The fact that there's nothing like it anywhere near, certainly over here in Europe. The 'Stang stands out, and is perceived as a sympathetic car by the general public.
And it's tons of fun drivin' it, of course 🤠 !

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Two doors, V-8, manual, Ford.

Was almost born in a '65, here I am 4 decades later on the 6th one.

Only car I've ever bought that wasn't a Mustang was a Ranger. Traded it for a 2002 GT. Buy hey, the Ranger was two door, Ford, Manual...but it was a V6. lol!
Sponsored