Sponsored

what is consensus on waxing brand new stang?

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
thanks guys! i ordered the meguiars and it comes tomorrow!
unfortunately found my first rock chip today and haven’t even had the stang a week lol. small one on the drivers side rear quarter panel
I found a chip on my hood. I have Dr Colorchip which works great on small chips.
https://drcolorchip.com/
Sponsored

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
thanks guys! i ordered the meguiars and it comes tomorrow!
unfortunately found my first rock chip today and haven’t even had the stang a week lol. small one on the drivers side rear quarter panel
Yeah ref PPF ... Yes v No ? What areas v total coverage ? etc etc ... lol.

Anchor room do some value kits for the high impact areas that are meant for DIY fitment.

I've just fitted some myself and I'm quite impressed. I was a bit daunted by the process at first but after watching a few videos, getting the right kit (which is quite cheap) and taking my time, I surprised myself and it actually came out really well.

1637854843903.jpeg

1637855014007.jpeg

Cheap enough and quick enough for it to be sacrificial and replaced when needed / annually / when the edges get dirty etc. It might have saved you chip, it might not - you just have to find what sits well with 'you' :like:

WD :like:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I used the meguiars ceramic on my black stang and loved it. Till the first rain. Water spotted so bad I couldn't remove them. I had to machine buff with compound .

Brazilian carnauba wax for me

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

55Tele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
It doesn't really matter the clear coat is a cured epoxy coating anything you put on it is just lip gloss haha.
The modern clear coats are certainly NOT epoxy. They are mostly Acrylic Urethane blends. Epoxy is not a good weathering exterior coating….it chalks and degrades exposed to sunlight….

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
hmm. well luckily it was only 7 bucks so i can use it on my taco since that’s just my beater! i’ll have to look into a decent one for stang. back when i had my black s197 i used a black specific wax by mothers i think that was pretty nice.
I use nothing but Chemical Brothers, there stuff is amazing, they have EVERYTHING you could ever want and tons of how-to videos

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Wax on wax off, when I got my car, did not wax it for the first month. Not even sure that is necessary with today's paint.

More of a precaution, old habit if you like. Insures the paint has sufficient time to completely cure and harden .

Would I do it again yes .

55Tele

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Epoxy in the generic sense having clear plus hardener plus reducer and currently a low VOC water based product with UV blockers.
Well, it’s incorrect terminology……there are other resin systems that used catalyst / hardener and /or reducers that are not epoxy….

The modern clears are water borne acrylic urethanes

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I haven't waxed a vehicle since the early 90s. 😆

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Well, it’s incorrect terminology……there are other resin systems that used catalyst / hardener and /or reducers that are not epoxy….

The modern clears are water borne acrylic urethanes

Very true, why I waited for some time to pass, before waxing.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Hey guys, speaking of wax I’m curious. If you wax your car as needed for a couple of years then later decide to do PPF, is it any more difficult for the installer to get rid of the wax before putting on the PPF? I assume it has to be stripped off for the PPF to stick but I don’t really know.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Hey guys, speaking of wax I’m curious. If you wax your car as needed for a couple of years then later decide to do PPF, is it any more difficult for the installer to get rid of the wax before putting on the PPF? I assume it has to be stripped off for the PPF to stick but I don’t really know.
Ideally, the installer would be polishing the car prior to PPF, which would strip wax/sealant/coating.

Boosted Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 2.3 High Performance Package
I use Liquid Glass, it goes on easy and comes off easy and you can do it in the sun. Liquid Glass has been around for years and is still an awesome polish. Advanced Auto Parts has the exclusive rights to sell Liquid Glass so you can get it from them, if they don't have it on the shelf they can order it for you. Here is a photo of the Liquid Glass can and a photo of my Mustang with Liquid Glass applied.

88DAE919-3D7F-4BDC-BE29-6923CA1A40F7.jpeg
4EF553C3-E8C5-40D7-854A-94C55F4C72F4.jpeg

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I'll 2nd Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Liquid Wax. using on my new (2021) black GT. It hasn't stopped raining here in NE PA, car is parked outside. Very impressed with how well it sheds water and dries without noticeable water spots.
Sponsored