Sponsored

What is a swag price for Ford dealer to install their FP supercharger?

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
swag price for charger and install in the Arizona area. And how long?

Asking for a friend. Just kidding just slightly entertaining the idea. Likely will not do it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rebellovw

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like about 7200 for the 18 kit and 1500 to 2000 for the install.

About 9200

Hmmmm. Decisions..

1100saber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush Charged GT PP
I was about $9000 US all in installed when i did mine last year. I bought a ford executive demo with about 3500 miles on it. Then with my ford X plan pricing....saved about 9000 off MSRP. So it was kinda a wash.

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info! Have you been happy with the power? I’m a total newb when it comes to boost but have been toying with the idea. I’m pretty happy with the stock power but just wish it had more torque down low. I can only find 91 octane where I live as well. I don’t know much impact that would have in terms of overall power. Appreciate any insight you might have.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rebellovw

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The whole idea is nice - make an appt - drive down - stay at hotel - drink and have a great dinner + loud music - wake up with slight hangover and pick up your supercharged Mustang!

10k night on the town special.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
Thanks for the info! Have you been happy with the power? I’m a total newb when it comes to boost but have been toying with the idea. I’m pretty happy with the stock power but just wish it had more torque down low. I can only find 91 octane where I live as well. I don’t know much impact that would have in terms of overall power. Appreciate any insight you might have.
The Roush tune only requires 91 octane so you should be fine.

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The whole idea is nice - make an appt - drive down - stay at hotel - drink and have a great dinner + loud music - wake up with slight hangover and pick up your supercharged Mustang!

10k night on the town special.
Sounds great except for the $10k part! :beer:

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Do it you will LOVE the new power. I have the whipple stage 2 with no regrets! Kit is amazing. I saved the $2k and installed it with my buddies.
20171206_163740.jpg

Kj385

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
Honestly you won’t pick up much bottom end power with provided Roush/Ford Racing tune. You’ll need an aftermarket tune to uncork the supercharger kit. At least that’s the way it feels to me. My 03 cobra with just a pulley and a tune smokes my 2016 with the stage 1 with Roush tune. But just the low end power. The 16 still has more high rpm power.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rebellovw

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly you won’t pick up much bottom end power with provided Roush/Ford Racing tune. You’ll need an aftermarket tune to uncork the supercharger kit. At least that’s the way it feels to me. My 03 cobra with just a pulley and a tune smokes my 2016 with the stage 1 with Roush tune. But just the low end power. The 16 still has more high rpm power.
Thanks very useful info.

OP
OP
rebellovw

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It still sounds really good to me - kind of like the GT350 powerband that closely matches then kicks in later in the higher RPM band. I'm not going to be drag racing so it still sounds very attractive to me. But first I have a house project - and found out I need to add a new roof - so I'm going to have to get through this project before I consider the cash outlay.

I came close though - I added it to my shopping cart on CJPony - just to see if my coupon code would work (didn't) Few days later received an email from them - "did you forget to buy something?" hahaaa.

Kj385

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
Don’t get me wrong my stage1 2016 hauls pretty good above 4K rpm. I just feel like it’s soft below that. I’m sure they do that on purpose for drive ability, warranty, and stock drivetrain. And probably for people not use to big power on stock street tires.

OP
OP
rebellovw

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t get me wrong my stage1 2016 hauls pretty good above 4K rpm. I just feel like it’s soft below that. I’m sure they do that on purpose for drive ability, warranty, and stock drivetrain. And probably for people not use to big power on stock street tires.
Based on what you describe can I assume your gas mileage remains about the same under normal driving? Sounds like it could be an advantage with the Roush vs a more aggressive option.

I’d hate to make my mileage worse as we go on lots of long drives in the desert ex Az to Colorado, New Mexico, Utah etc. it is already a job to keep your eyes on the gas gauge and then start looking for stations once you hit a 1/4 tank.

Kj385

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
I bought the car already supercharged so I don’t know what the mileage was before. But so far it seems to match the window sticker. Generally my experience has been a tune doesn’t hurt mileage. I hope my mileage actually gets better with the 3.15 gears and the motor gets some more miles on it. Only 4K so far.
Sponsored