Jbach21

Jbach21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT 5.0
I looked up videos and It appears to have the adapter and the 87mm throttle body on it. With both the intake and the throttle body do i assume it has the tune as well? I bought the car with 6k miles on and did not talk with the previous owner. And if so what are thoughts on buying a tuner for it? Would it be pointless to buy a tuner if it already has a tune loaded? Or would it cause problems? Thanks for all the help in advanced guys. Good stuff!
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I looked up videos and It appears to have the adapter and the 87mm throttle body on it. With both the intake and the throttle body do i assume it has the tune as well? I bought the car with 6k miles on and did not talk with the previous owner. And if so what are thoughts on buying a tuner for it? Would it be pointless to buy a tuner if it already has a tune loaded? Or would it cause problems? Thanks for all the help in advanced guys. Good stuff!
It likely does. The car would run like trash with the larger throttle body. Most tuners can't even get the gt350 throttle body to run right.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
99% chance it has the PP2 tune (or some aftermarket tune after they had the pp2 installed).

The engine cover and the PCV tube (marked in the image below) may rub. The install manual actually instructed people to shave off the corner of the engine cover for clearance. Check yours to see if its rubbing. If it is add a bit of padding there.

rub.png

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red

Attachments

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
The TB will have a slight tilt to it with the spacer.

If the privious owner installed it, the car should have come with the ProCal tuner. Those are married to the VIN, so it's useless without the car. Not really useful though, unless a FRPP2 update comes out again (which seems unlikely).

However, the ProCal tuner does give you access to things like the gear ratio if you ever want to change it and an octane monitor (IIRC) that FORScan doesn't have access to.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The TB will have a slight tilt to it with the spacer.

If the privious owner installed it, the car should have come with the ProCal tuner. Those are married to the VIN, so it's useless without the car. Not really useful though, unless a FRPP2 update comes out again (which seems unlikely).

However, the ProCal tuner does give you access to things like the gear ratio if you ever want to change it and an octane monitor (IIRC) that FORScan doesn't have access to.
forscan does indeed have access to those. both, oar and gear ratio changes. so if you do have a tune, and dont have the device, and you are wanting to change those things, fear not, you can alter those.

some tuners I read disable the system where forscan cant read or write anything, but that is same thing with obd2 in that case.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
It likely does. The car would run like trash with the larger throttle body. Most tuners can't even get the gt350 throttle body to run right.
Surprisingly after I put the used PP2 equipment on my car that I bought Bama actually did a pretty good job tuning it up and making it run smooth. Almost as good as stock. Got great gas mileage and no Rev hang that others talk about with the 87mm TB that other tuners have. My one complaint about the Bama tune is that is didn't seem very aggressive. Feels like they left alot on the table.
Sponsored