mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I would go one of 3 ways.

See if I can find a new GT350.
Get a Mach 1 ordered the way I want it.
Find a really good deal on Mustang to track and maybe a Boss for cruises, shows...
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
1. GT500
2. Mach 1, base, HP, RSD, A10
3. C8 Z51
4. Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0

Oh wait, those are the four in the mix for a replacement for my '15, wreck or no....

Last edited:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
No, Ford has gotten stupid with their pricing. PP1's sky-rocketing in price has ruined the value of the car for me.

Would probably look at a Honda, or used Lexus or something.

I was damn lucky to get the car I did, when I did, for what I paid.
NovaGT: my daily is a Honda Type R...love it. If you drive one, you will buy one.

TaysonGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have an ecoboost but now that I can afford a gt I'd probably get a gt.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
The Mustang has been wonderfully hassle and worry free, compared to my former German hot rods. But, I really miss them. So, I think I would probably buy a BMW Z4 M40i
“Never own a German vehicle out of warranty.”

-Someone Who’s Been There

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m looking to buy a house soon so I’d probably pocket what’s left from paying it off and and just be closer to that.

Or, I’d pick up a regular cab short bed f150 and go to town on that

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
If my 2017 GT met with such a horrible fate, I'd purchase a new Mach 1 with track package. An easy choice for me...

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
C7 Z06 or 991 4 gts targa

I can't swing a 992 Turbo S yet lol
I would seriously consider a 991.2 C2S or GTS cabriolet if the prices returned to normal. But, that probably won't happen in my car buying lifetime.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I JUST got everything the way I want it - springs / sways / tires / PP2 bits - basically a PP2 with 4 fewer cylinders. I would probably want to do that again, but knowing what I know now about the EB mileage I'd be less fixated on that format. A PP2 with some weight loss work would be my first choice, but I could also go directly to GT350. An R would be great, but the back seat is still mildly useful with my kids. 2 years from now, not so much.

If all that effort failed I would get a Tesla. The extra doors would be useful, and those cars are awesome performers.

Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
I typically try to remain politically correct, but I could have sworn this was a Mustang enthusiast site...

I get it if the budget doesn't allow as I too was without a Mustang for a while when the budget was tight and starting a family. But for those who hate their cars, I promise you there's an enthusiast somewhere willing to take it off your hands.

No question about it; a new GT or possibly a new Mach 1 would be on order. And quickly at that!

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I barely have 1200 miles on mine so I'd probably get another GT. I didn't opt for the PP1 package (would have to order it) and what they had in stock was a base GT auto with the safe & smart package which is really nice. I'm happy with it and can't imagine I'd get "tired" of it anytime in the future as making full use of it would earn me tickets from the local LEOs. It has more than enough power for me as it will smoke the tires easily if I turn off the traction control. What fun!

007evan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 2019 VW Jetta GLI
I would get a 1989 porsche 930 turbo red on black. Just like the one i owned when I was 30 years old. ......Well maybe a 1967 corvette 427 roadster red on black but it must be a tri power. There was somthing about the 4500 rpm thing when the last carb would open. Not fast by todays standards but boy nothing had the look of the 67

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
The only newer (last couple years) Mustang I'd replace it with would be the Mach 1. Since that would be out of my price range (can, but will not pay that much for a GT with some excellent mods, basically what it is), I'd end up with no Mustang.

Would probably end up with a C7, 911 or Cayman S/GTS (flat 6 required, no four banger).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I typically try to remain politically correct, but I could have sworn this was a Mustang enthusiast site...
It is. But that doesn't mean that as car enthusiasts our car world has to be limited to S550 Mustangs only.

Perhaps you should understand that I got here somewhat indirectly . . . by way of Camaro5.com, to be specific.

Norm
Sponsored