corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
God forbid this happens. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. But if your car did get hypothetically totaled, what would you replace it with? Another Mustang or a different car?

What about you?
Any such car can count on being tracked from time to time. So . . .

Buying new, price-independent and not DIY'ing any mods, probably a Mach 1 or a 1SS 1LE Camaro.

Buying new, price a factor, mods to be DIY'ed, probably a lightly-optioned GT.

Then again, I just might build up another S197. Or put together a pro-touring build on something older if I still thought I had one more serious build left in me. This might not be the #3 option.

Norm

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I cringe at the thought...... Id replace it with the same exact car (Whipple too, wouldn't be able to go back to stock).
Only other consideration would be the GT500 if Ford offers it with a manual next year.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
You should not have said that, you may have inadvertently triggered the DCT is superior trolls. I suspect they will be here shortly trying to admonish you for wanting a real manual. They think that every mustang should be a track monster, and every mustang should have a DCT and no other trans should be available.

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
I honestly don't know what I'd replace it with, as after a full year of searching dealer inventory, I finally gave up and placed an order for my GT350 in the exact spec that I wanted it, and now that production has ended, IMO it's basically irreplaceable, and there is nothing else out there with a manual for under six figures that even remotely interests me.

Hopefully I never have to experience this dilemma.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Mach 1 for me. I waited a long time for the sound of Mustang V8. There is nothing else that could take its place. OK, maybe an Aston Martin V12 but that's a little out of the price range for now.

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Iā€™d probably get a Kia Stringer AWD so Iā€™d have something more snow capable than my Mustang GT. She made it through, but man do I look stupid when thereā€™s 6+ inches of snow on the ground and Iā€™m plowing in the Mustang.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™d probably get a Kia Stringer AWD so Iā€™d have something more snow capable than my Mustang GT. She made it through, but man do I look stupid when thereā€™s 6+ inches of snow on the ground and Iā€™m plowing in the Mustang.
Lol, if you're having fun, there's nothing stupid about it. I enjoy the weird looks I get when I take mine out in the middle of a blizzard :cwl:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Absolutely not. Between the 2k rattle, bbq tick, and diesel like idle, I'll likely never go back to Ford. I get all those sounds are "normal" (I don't think they are), but it takes a serious degree of enjoyment away from the vehicle for which I get to bear the burden of, so to speak.

As a matter of fact, had I known I'd have to put up with all these noises, I would have walked away.
That's why I bought a 2017 last year instead of waiting for the Mach or buying new. I prefer to avoid direct injection noises. The other noises that are typical of most running engines don't bother me, but I don't want diesel noises.

No, you look like a badass snow ninja. Bonus: all the jeep guys will lose their minds.
Very true. They especially hate it when you whip by them like they are slow (which they are).

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I honestly don't know what I'd replace it with, as after a full year of searching dealer inventory, I finally gave up and placed an order for my GT350 in the exact spec that I wanted it, and now that production has ended, IMO it's basically irreplaceable, and there is nothing else out there with a manual for under six figures that even remotely interests me.

Hopefully I never have to experience this dilemma.
M2 Competition?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
God forbid this happens. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. But if your car did get hypothetically totaled, what would you replace it with? Another Mustang or a different car?

For me, I'd go from a GT to probably a Camaro SS. If I found a really good deal? Maybe a 2016 or 2017 GT350.

What about you?
Would consider trying the new GT 500 . I would already be in one now if it were offered in a manual

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
I would hate it but it would be an opportunity to try an M2 Comp ( my other option prior to buying my 20' gt)

SteelCity_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 1989 Toyota Cressida
Unfortunately I did total my ā€˜16 PP1 a little over two weeks ago. Got a broken arm out of it but Iā€™m otherwise ok.
As for what Iā€™d replace it with, Iā€™m totally undecided. Iā€™d like to lower my payment a bit so a 2019+ Jetta GLI and a RWD Stinger GT is on the short list. Iā€™m also considering chilling without a car payment till the 11th Gen Civic Si or the big Bronco is out.
As I said before, completely undecided lol
Sponsored