Sponsored

What I HATE About the Mustang! (Video) UPDATED: Plus, What I LOVE About The Mustang!

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
1. I hate those ugly ass shoes.
2. I hate that shirt you're wearing.
3. I hate your hair.

But you know what.....those are all things that are easily changed.

And I hate haters.....how about a pros and cons review....why nothing but things you hate?
Sponsored

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I'll be glad when the "10 Things I hate" fade dies out, it's mostly gone. I think we can credit Vehicle Virgins for starting it with car videos... :frusty:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
[MENTION=11112]kz[/MENTION], You're right, the Mustang has been reviewed a lot. I just started my channel a little more than a month ago, and since I own the car, I'm naturally going to feature the car quite a bit on the channel, especially in the early stages. For people who get press cars, it's easy to review the latest models, so I'm trying to work my way up to that.
I got that you want to have youtube channel and be a "personality", just have to come up with something that hasn't been done before. This is no different than 1000 other ones. I understand you have a Mustang so you're reviewing it, but nobody said it's going to be easy...

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I'll be glad when the "10 Things I hate" fade dies out, it's mostly gone. I think we can credit Vehicle Virgins for starting it with car videos... :frusty:
Dont shoot me for saying this
I do training video's and have worked on a few TV ads, I find most of these people who have their own channels a lot of it is about ego, their
15 seconds of fame
I have also done fun video's of bike rides on the indoor trainer, but only put them on my FB page.
So many people I know have hooked up an rear dashcam so it records the driver and their is their fame
of course their is zero wrong with it, in-fact i think i should do one,
My life with the only 2016 California Special in the UK :D
How I wind up the European Owners !!

OP
OP
MustangGT16

MustangGT16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
[MENTION=25172]JohnBoyNC[/MENTION]

I also would hate it if I only made "what I hate videos" hahaha.
So this is what I said in the first post:
"They're pretty "nitpicky" things haha so take it with a grain of salt! A "Things I Love About the Mustang" video is on the way!

Edit: Obviously I don't "hate" these things about the car. No car is perfect, and these are just minor things that I think could be better! If you watch my review, it's pretty obvious that I really, really love the car haha."

I highly suggest you check out my review which is on the same channel! The review was essentially all positives. I basically made this video to address some areas of improvement that I thought I didn't properly cover in the review. I think it's important for viewers to know the whole story about the car. Of course, it probably would have been better if the original review was balanced already, but I'm still learning! I'll post the "Things I Love About The Mustang" video on here as well when it's finished.

[MENTION=11112]kz[/MENTION] again, you're right, being able to stand out is important. Yes, it is difficult to create new ideas when it comes to car videos and you're on a low budget, but will keep this in mind for the future, hopefully I'll have better equipment, and of course more experience as well. Thanks for the advice man, really appreciate it.

Sponsored

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
nah thatdudeinblue and subaruwrxfan are a cool dudes who are generally excited about all cars but both happen to own mustangs...
Yup.

DIB and WRXFAN are two channels I check everyday. :thumbsup:

subaruwrxfan? that clown? Don't even get me started...
Ok, we won't.

But how about helping everyone out and not getting yourself started either.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
What I hate about my mustang... Tire replacement cost lol and weight ahaha

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I personally think Saabkyle04 gives the best indepth reviews but I've been following Subarufan since, well he drove Subarus. Never really checked out thatdudeinblue although I did see him walking around at Springfest a few months ago.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Not really a fan of either Subbie or Blue's reviews, BUT I think they would be cool people to hang out with.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'll give you the exhaust and shifter. Ford could have and should have done better.
As far as your seats, you had the Recaro option, but instead you decided to buy ugly shoes with the money instead. :lol: All in jest, brother!
Steering wheel? really? I guess I'm just use to holding something smaller in my hand. :( Besides, if they gave the Mustang a bitching steering wheel, the Shelby guys would be whining about it then.

Suspension? Meh..remember they have to sell these to people that go to the store for groceries too. Can't have wiped out kidneys just to run to Kroger.

Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Relax, you look like you're doing this at gunpoint lol.

OP
OP
MustangGT16

MustangGT16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
[MENTION=12819]ScottsGT[/MENTION]

Lol the shoes:lol: Might be the color -- they look really brown because the colors in the video came out more saturated than they are in real life. They're just regular sperry boat shoes otherwise. Hahaha anyhow...

As for the seating, I think the bolsters are really good... When the car is new. The passenger side seat is actually really good since I don't use it often. The driver's side bolsters has become looser. Hopefully when I take the car in for scheduled maintenance, the dealership can adjust the foam or something.

Agree with your analysis on suspension. I mentioned it briefly in the video too, I think the suspension is great for daily driving. It really surprised me how compliant it was when I first got it. Just wish the bounciness wasn't there in spirited driving, but it's not too bad. Maybe a magnetic damper option is in the works for 2018. For now, I've heard some aftermarket dampers largely fix the problem.

As for the steering wheel, I guess it's subjective. I reviewed a CLA 250, and while it's nowhere near the performance of the GT obviously, it had an amazing steering wheel.

[MENTION=13688]Sinister[/MENTION] hahaha you're right :lol: Takes some time to get used to the camera. While I've improved since I started, still got some ways to go.

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
I appreciate you taking the time to post the video with your "nitpicks" about the car. I have almost 9K on my 2015 since April and I have had no issues. The car is what it is. A Grand Touring (GT) car. I am by no means a tiny person and the seats are the standard with the premium upgrade and they hold me just fine. The transmission is also fine, noisy at times, of course but still fine. Suspension is good enough for me and I don't baby it in corners. Anyway good luck with the youtube channel .

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
[MENTION=12819][MENTION=13688]Sinister[/MENTION] hahaha you're right :lol: Takes some time to get used to the camera. While I've improved since I started, still got some ways to go.
It's all good. I'd be nervous too. Keep on keepin' on. :thumbsup:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Geez. Take it easy on him. If he wants to review cars let him review cars, and there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Car review videos are very popular and there's always room for more. As long as he can set himself apart with quality content and good scenery he should be fine. It's a learning process as with any new endeavor.

I do agree though..no boat shoes, no matter the color.
Sponsored