Sponsored

What have you guys done to Dress Up the Engine Compartment ? ? ? ?

trevman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT3fiddy
Anyone powdercoated & installed these cam covers?

1601339950178.png
Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Unclenard, thank you !!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
For the black windshield bottle neck I used 60mm heat shrink tubing with a heat gun. Worked awesome. Left the top long where the cap goes and cut it even after shrinking it. Used maybe 12-14" of it to go down as far as I could on the neck. You can barely see the very bottom of the neck in the photo below.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0732RBWSH/

Coolant_Tank_Washer.jpg
LMAO that damn windshield bottle neck sure is an ugly mess. Blacked it out also using a different method

.......... good thinking :)

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I also purchased the Shelby fuse box cover - awaiting to be installed. Thanks @sox3 for making me spend more! Also, I did not see the Anchor plaque available with the Shelby Cobra icon? Mine is the Voodoo icon.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Decided to black out the windshield washer tank and change radiator plate color.

20201003_153203.jpg
What method did you use for the washer tank?
Did you have any issues getting the Shelby coolant tank cap on with the tank cover on? It looks like I will need to trim the tank cover for the cap to sit all the way down.

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I also purchased the Shelby fuse box cover - awaiting to be installed. Thanks @sox3 for making me spend more! Also, I did not see the Anchor plaque available with the Shelby Cobra icon? Mine is the Voodoo icon.
Sorry I am costing you some bucks,, lol.. it will be worth it though.
If you go to the anchorroom site and send an email mail to Wayne. He will make it any way you want it. From what I understand they cannot advertise it.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
What method did you use for the washer tank?
Did you have any issues getting the Shelby coolant tank cap on with the tank cover on? It looks like I will need to trim the tank cover for the cap to sit all the way down.

Ordered the 60mm heat shrink tubing (amazon) for thr upper piece, the lower tank I painted with a foam brush and small artist brush. Used plastic prep on it first and then a semi gloss enamel.
As for the coolant tank cap. That machined cap is attached to the original cap with 3m double side tape. Had to make a spacer placed between the two caps to rise it. Did not want to cut the cover.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
As for the coolant tank cap. That machined cap is attached to the original cap with 3m double side tape. Had to make a spacer placed between the two caps to rise it. Did not want to cut the cover.
I tried putting more 3M tape to rise it up but then the hood wouldn't close. I noticed there was already an indentation in the hood liner from the stock cap actually. I might need some work to get it to work right.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Mine clears the hood fine. Not sure why yours does not. Stock cap should have plenty of room I would think.