Sponsored

What have people paid in the last week, discount plus zero?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So, I heard back from the guy at Falls Church. The deal, excuse me, "deal" is about $1500 more than their advertised price because they (according to him) take off destination and then add it back on. Of course, Ford charges $1095 for destination and they "add it back on" at $1500. And then their ridiculous $799 doc fee which he said "is required in Virginia" which we all know is a bald face lie, and over-estimated tags cost, and the whole thing just pisses me off.

I mean, it's still a killer deal, but in principle, why would I deal with these people? Grrrr.
I am expecting this same outcome from Falls Church. That is, if I ever hear back from them at all.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hey Mike...just left you a PM

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford charges $1095 for destination and they "add it back on" at $1500
whomever was probably being sloppy instead of malicious. that's the F150 number. That's happened several times to me.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Just heard back from a local dealer who said they couldn’t match Koons’ price and then said “but if you don’t mind me asking...why would you want to trade in THAT car??” LOL. Like I said earlier, I’ll probably end up keeping it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
why would you want to trade in THAT car?
I change cars like I change socks. And anyhow I'm doing my level best to churn inventory and put your kids thru college. The President said Wall Street is suffering, so I'm doing my part to help them out. :)

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I change cars like I change socks. And anyhow I'm doing my level best to churn inventory and put your kids thru college. The President said Wall Street is suffering, so I'm doing my part to help them out. :)
:crackup::beer:

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
FTFY

There are dealers out there providing very large discounts and there are dealers that aren't. Last weekend I found a dealership with two 2019 GT350s and they both still had $20k ADM. Literally dozens of other dealers asking invoice for remaining 2019 GT350s.

My guess is that they were giving you a line of BS and didn't want to deal.
move seen GT 350s like 5k off.

dd766

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
honda accord
Anyone in the bay area and what prices are you guys getting? I'm looking for a base mustang gt race red for about 35K OTD 2019 10 speed Autimatic. Not sure if its doable because taxes here is almost 10%

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
FTFY

There are dealers out there providing very large discounts and there are dealers that aren't. Last weekend I found a dealership with two 2019 GT350s and they both still had $20k ADM. Literally dozens of other dealers asking invoice for remaining 2019 GT350s.

My guess is that they were giving you a line of BS and didn't want to deal.
Well, I don't think you're wrong. I just have a difficult time understanding why. What am I missing? Ford is starting to build Mustangs again next Monday. Dealers will start getting them by July 1. Very little has been sold over the last 2 months. What's the deal?

Also, is there any reason why other dealerships can't offer the deals Koons can?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Anyone in the bay area and what prices are you guys getting? I'm looking for a base mustang gt race red for about 35K OTD 2019 10 speed Autimatic. Not sure if its doable because taxes here is almost 10%
From what I've seen, that will be tough. Getting the car in a different country would help with the tax a percent or so.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Also, is there any reason why other dealerships can't offer the deals Koons can?
I'm starting to think Koons' pricing is just a sales scam. They try to get you to contact them and either ignore you once they realize they can't sham you, or they add another $2-3K mysteriously as the deal progresses. I still haven't heard back from their sales manager who told me 2 days ago he was going to call me in 15 minutes to finalize our deal.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to think Koons' pricing is just a sales scam. They try to get you to contact them and either ignore you once they realize they can't sham you, or they add another $2-3K mysteriously as the deal progresses. I still haven't heard back from their sales manager who told me 2 days ago he was going to call me in 15 minutes to finalize our deal.
In some ways, finding out the Koons numbers are unrealistic would be nice, because then things start to make a little sense. So here's the big question. What do dealers *actually* pay? I'm completely ok with a dealer making money off my purchase. That's only reasonable. Having said that, I'm not going to just hand then my wallet and ask them to take what they want.

Do you need to make $X on a car? Fine. Then what's that number?

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
Well, I don't think you're wrong. I just have a difficult time understanding why.
I think, at least with the performance models, those stealerships feel that people will still come and pay top dollar as soon as the sanctions are lifted. I was looking at a 2019 GT350 in an adjacent state that was listed at MSRP. When I offered a lower price (below invoice), they said "we can't do that, I've NEVER even heard of a GT350 sell below MSRP!" Really?!? I know of a couple dozen relatively close that are *listed* below MSRP, if not even listed below invoice.

dd766

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
honda accord
I think i have to settle for a oxford white mustang. There is only two race red base mustang GT 10 speed within 100 miles of me and they are all 40k after taxes and fees. I would hate myself in the future if i payed that much for a base mustang.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think i have to settle for a oxford white mustang. There is only two race red base mustang GT 10 speed within 100 miles of me and they are all 40k after taxes and fees. I would hate myself in the future if i payed that much for a base mustang.
if it’s base that’s crazy.
I brought a 19 GT Premium PP1 new with MSRP 49k for about 16% off...
Sponsored