Sponsored

What have people paid in the last week, discount plus zero?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
"We are only including standard rebates and Ford Finance rebate when applicable. We do not include exclusive rebates like College, Military or First Responder like so many other dealers do." are included in their dealer notes on their website. Not to say the price is 100% accurate but they're pretty well known on the site as one of the better places to seek a good deal. I also secured my car at roughly 19% off (9.3k) and they honored their internet price down here at Brandon Ford in FL.
This is what they wrote on the exact car that I was looking at:

Price includes: $1500 - Built to Lend a Hand Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash . Exp. 06/01/2020 $500 - 2020 College Student Purchase Program. Exp. 06/01/2020 $750 - Retail Customer Cash. Exp. 06/01/2020​

However, other than the college thing, I think I can qualify for everything else, and it's still a rocking great price that I hope my local dealer can get close to, saving me a 6 hour (each way) drive, or plane trip.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I've purchased 2 cars from Koons as an out of state buyer and they honored their online pricing both times without issue.
I’ve been trying to work up a deal with them for about a week now with no luck. Would be driving about 3-1/2 hrs from out of state to get it. Have talked to 3 different people at Koons Falls Church. They have 3 identical cars that I might be interested in with window sticker dates from last fall so you'd think they might be interested in moving one.

The first was the online sales guy. Told him what I want for a trade and a payment. It was aggressive since my car is a 2018 with 4500 miles and because of the current conditions. After some back and forth he said not interested.

Second was an automatic email Sunday morning from Ali Zaka, the GM, asking if I had been taken care of. Told him my payment goal and that I was told it wasn't reachable. He replied with a new salesman on copy saying we can work something out, what number can they call me at Monday? Gave them a number and said I was free all day to talk. They never called.

Tuesday (yesterday) I emailed them saying sorry if I missed your call Monday. A few hours later I got a voicemail from Mario Eberle, the sales manager, saying lets talk for 5 minutes and wrap this up so I can get it before the weekend. I called back twice and left voicemails with no answer. Finally reached him around 7:30PM and said I had taken Thursday off work to come get it if we can agree on numbers. He said great, he’ll call back with final numbers in 15 mins, wants to get done tonight because he’s off tomorrow, and that way I don't have to go through a salesman and waste time. He never called back.

Last edited:

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been trying to work up a deal with them for about a week now with no luck.
I don't know what's up with some of these car salesmen. I'm used to dealing with BMW and the like, and they tend to be more professional and seem to have their act together better. That's a generalization, I know, but these Ford guys are all big pressure, buy it now, what will it take to get you in this car today? And then if you need to think on it or explore other options, they drop off the face of the earth. Or if you just want an answer on something, they forget, they don't understand the question, or they give you a wrong answer. My apologies in advance to any Ford salespeople reading this who don't fit into that mold. I know there are some good ones out there. I just haven't run across them yet.

When I went to look at the Bullitt last weekend, the young guy that helped me asked for my number when I was leaving, for a follow-up. I told him what I wanted in a car, and gave him my number and said "I prefer a text. I don't answer phone calls." and he said, "yeah man, I get it, I prefer text too." 5 minutes later he calls me on the phone.

By the third call my wife asks, "Is that Justin again?" I said yes. She says, "screw him, don't answer". My wife is a sweetheart, and never talks like that.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been trying to work up a deal with them for about a week now with no luck.
Falls Church guys are pretty lousy about followup in my experience. Sterling is much better about it.
Which cars were you looking at? Also see if you can reach 'Ken' (of 'and Barbie' fame). I'm 5 miles away from their location.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Falls Church guys are pretty lousy about followup in my experience. Sterling is much better about it.
Which cars were you looking at? Also see if you can reach 'Ken' (of 'and Barbie' fame). I'm 5 miles away from their location.
They have 3 PP2's with identical options that I was considering, but only if the payment was less than what I'm paying now. By my calcs, should be doable if they really want to sell one.

Sponsored

AGM2018

They have 3 PP2's with identical options that I was considering, but only if the payment was less than what I'm paying now. By my calcs, should be doable if they really want to sell one.

Mike,

I agree with Shogun...Koons Sterling Ford is better in responding than Falls Church. If you can't contact Ken, which Shogun recommended, call Koons Sterling and ask for Greg Williams. He is good man and has been at Koons Sterling Ford for a while. He won't "jerk you around" and he will give you the dealership's best price via email and respond within the day of your inquiry.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
actually one (black) is in Sterling.

These are PP1+MR(+AE) if that's useful. all in Sterling
Thanks for the info. I already have a PP1 so if I was going to do anything it would be a PP2. And the black one is in Falls Church with the others, it shows up on all the Koons websites but below the pictures it says the location is Falls Church.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I already have a PP1 so if I was going to do anything it would be a PP2
I get wanting MR and the I guess the wider wheels but unless you're going up a trim level (to 400/401) then the switcheroo justification is a little thin. I've wrestled with tossing the current 300A+PP1 car in favor of eg. the Bullitt but I'm not entirely sold on the green and while 1%@3yr to 0%@7 would be a nice change, I'd have to also toss away all the suspension and handling parts I've done to it. And yes, I know well that sunk costs is a LOUSY means by which to justify decisions...

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I get wanting MR and the I guess the wider wheels but unless you're going up a trim level (to 400/401) then the switcheroo justification is a little thin. I've wrestled with tossing the current 300A+PP1 car in favor of eg. the Bullitt but I'm not entirely sold on the green and while 1%@3yr to 0%@7 would be a nice change, I'd have to also toss away all the suspension and handling parts I've done to it. And yes, I know well that sunk costs is a LOUSY means by which to justify decisions...
Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at. I test drove a PP2 with Recaros a couple days ago and was shocked at how similar my car handled, and how much faster my car is with the 4.09's. I'll probably end up doing nothing.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah that's pretty much where I'm at. I test drove a PP2 with Recaros a couple days ago and was shocked at how similar my car handled, and how much faster my car is with the 4.09's. I'll probably end up doing nothing.
guess that’s probably why they aren’t calling you back. :giggle:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
LOL (post above)

Stand by for a rant.

So, I heard back from the guy at Falls Church. The deal, excuse me, "deal" is about $1500 more than their advertised price because they (according to him) take off destination and then add it back on. Of course, Ford charges $1095 for destination and they "add it back on" at $1500. And then their ridiculous $799 doc fee which he said "is required in Virginia" which we all know is a bald face lie, and over-estimated tags cost, and the whole thing just pisses me off.

I mean, it's still a killer deal, but in principle, why would I deal with these people? Grrrr.

This is why I hate buying cars. They lie, lie, lie.

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
In talking with Salesman yesterday, I learned ... the sales department doesn't really want to sell them.
FTFY

There are dealers out there providing very large discounts and there are dealers that aren't. Last weekend I found a dealership with two 2019 GT350s and they both still had $20k ADM. Literally dozens of other dealers asking invoice for remaining 2019 GT350s.

My guess is that they were giving you a line of BS and didn't want to deal.
Sponsored