Sponsored

What have people paid in the last week, discount plus zero?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
You paid $51K for a PP1? :facepalm: I paid $28,777 before tax/tags for a '19 GT base.
That's a GREAT price on the '19. I thought I did good and my price before taxes, tags etc was about $700 more than your price. Nice job.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
my GT base+PP1 was 33.5 (includes freight, on a sticker of 40.4) + dealer "fee" + TTL back in January. That computes out to 17% off MSRP.

The same car is now 9 months later being advertised at $33.4. Which means after negotiation it should be able to be had for $32.5 or 20% off and possibly lower.

The thing about buying a new car is to cram all or as much of the depreciation down the dealer's throat.

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You paid $51K for a PP1? :facepalm: I paid $28,777 before tax/tags for a '19 GT base.
Nah brotha. Check my posts. I have the PP1, Premium, B&O, Safety Package, Security Package, 401A and I ended up only paying 48K for the car then my trade in and was able to get the warranty for a total of 700$ a month. The car after tax was over 51K but I got the car for 4K off plus my trade in and the extra 1K on my trade.

I have everything I want and now have a legit monster. I'm so happy with my purchase anyways. I traded in a Civic Si with 160K and got double what anyone else even offered. Plus 0% APR. Damn happy I got the options I got. From a guy that put together his first mustang from U-Pull It's. This car will be with me for life and i'm doubling up my payments to clear that out sooner.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
So you guys are getting 4-5k off plus 0%? Maybe I should stick with another mustang. Just wish you could get some color in the interior like white or tan with the premium plus package. Challengers have similar issues of not being able to get certain interior colors with some option packages and exterior colors.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
not being able to get certain interior colors with some option packages and exterior colors.
The current fad is black so finding tan or white on a dealer lot is very hard. But there isn't a interior color lock-out per se if you're custom ordering from the factory.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The current fad is black so finding tan or white on a dealer lot is very hard. But there isn't a interior color lock-out per se if you're custom ordering from the factory.
But it looks like you can't get ceramic or tan with the premium plus (401A I believe).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you go for the premium leather as opposed to the standard leather, you're correct. You get your choice of black, black+red, or black+stiching.
I stand corrected. There does appear to be some interior color lockouts on the Race Red, Lime and Orange (no tan permitted) in the 200/400 trims. The lower trims don't even have tan as an option.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally saw a new 19 Mustang GT in person the other day and they do look much better in person. The local dealer has a race red gt base with the 10-speed, active exhaust and performance package. MSRP of just under 45k and they were asking about 38k. They had a dealer discount of 4k and rebate of 3k on it, but on Ford's site it says rebate should be 3.75k plus 1k trade incentive. I did notice on their site that the interest rate would be in the 4-5% range. What happened to the 0%, did it change at the start of the month? I don't know, I really wanted something different, but the new mustang may have enough updates and power bump to satisfy me for awhile and would save me the expense of getting another winter wheel/tire set if I went with the Camaro or Challenger. I do know I wanted the heated steering wheel and new gauge cluster, but like we have said, you can't get the tan or white interior. Maybe I could go with the showstopper red and rapid red exterior color. Not sure if that would clash or not? I also like the look of the Recaro's, but I'm sure they are not heated and cooled, correct? This is most likely only wishful thinking though as my build would be approaching 48k and that doesn't even include the performance pack and I wanted to be around very low 40's max.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What happened to the 0%, did it change at the start of the month?
I don't know how often Ford changes things but 36mo is/was 0 or 0.9, 48mo is 1.9 and 60mo is 2.9 or perhaps higher. Out of the blue 60mo or 72mo for 0 pops up.

Forget the PerfPack. You'll find PP shocks for a song (if you must be penny-wise and pound foolish) and you can get the PP brakes for $1300 or less. If you want good suspension then $1200-1500 will net you a Steeda setup or if you rather, buy the FP Track handling Pack (M-FR3A-M8A, $1200) and radiator (M-8005-M8, $480) and it'll be much better than the factory PerfPack for $1000 less.

I wanted the heated steering wheel and new gauge cluster, but like we have said, you can't get the tan or white interior. ... I also like the look of the Recaro's, but I'm sure they are not heated and cooled, correct?
Recaro are NOT heated/cooled. You should sit in them before you bite off in case they are not to your liking. Red car + red interior is probably not great combo. Interior color can be solved with re-skinned seats which are much better quality than the Ford excuse for leather anyhow...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just found a 19 velocity blue with showstopper red interior, premium automatic that looks to be totally loaded (except for PP) on sale for almost 10k off at 39k! Problem is its over 8 hour drive away and this sounds like the worst possible week to take a road trip. Its supposed to be below freezing in the middle of the week (I was about to switch over the winter wheels anytime) and have some dental issues that I need checked out. Plus I was thinking of waiting until late winter or spring to do anything as I still want to check out the 20 Camaro and Challenger again to be sure.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Problem is its over 8 hour drive away
that's what airplanes are for. If it's been sitting awhile it'll likely still sit for a few more weeks.

BTW, apparently Ford tossed out more rebates as of Noon today. They're calling them the 'black Friday initiative'.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but I want to trade my mustang in and don't really have anybody close by to ride with me if I were to sell it at another dealership.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
I’m a mustang guy 1st but honestly those Challengers are pretty sweet. I’ve never driven this current generation in snow but I’ve driven several RTs in the snow and it handled well with all seasons.

True, but I want to trade my mustang in and don't really have anybody close by to ride with me if I were to sell it at another dealership.
If it’s a semi decent dealership place & you live within a reasonable distance, they should give you a curiosity ride home.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I almost ordered a Challenger Scat pack with dynamics package but wanted to wait and see what the 20 offered. It looks like not much has changed. I really wanted more interior color options. They did add caramel color seats, but not on the doors as far as I can see in pics (makes no sense if true) and a flat bottom steering wheel with some packages. I probably should have got one with the hp discount as the new ones look to be pricey until they start offering some incentives. With the packages I would want you have to get 20" wheels (for winter wheel/tires) to clear the brakes unless I went with the 1320, but those come with drag radials and it looks like you have to get black interior.

Yeah, the platform is old and heavy, but it is solid and I like it. But I don't like the fact that the NA V8's haven't been updated at all in over 5 years. I just saw on Youtube it looks like there will be a turbo 6 option with the next gen in 23. Its supposed to range from 360 to 525hp with electric assist to eliminate turbo lag. Sounds very interesting and if they lighten the cars any, could be pretty quick. But one of the draws to the Challenger is the retro looks and I don't know what to think of one without the V8 at least for the sound. Maybe they will change up the styling to be more of the direction that the Camaro and Mustang has gone? I'm really digging the new 20 Camaro SS too (maybe in rally green with white or tan interior), but they still do have their issues. The visibility doesn't bother me as much as the small trunk. But being a single guy, not that much of a deal breaker I guess.
Sponsored