Sponsored

What have people paid in the last week, discount plus zero?

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
upload_2019-8-20_7-15-16.png

$51,940 sticker. There was a dealer that offered it for about $600 less, but it was a flight, hotel, and 10hr drive home away. The $600 was worth it to me. Also 0% for 72.
$699 admin fee? Uhh... most states that’s capped around $200. I’d negotiate that way down. Everything is negotiable except the taxes, and destination fees.
Sponsored

Party Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Man that's a great deal but it looks like a base car, Most dealers will deal on base cars but try and get more than 300-500 under invoice on a loaded up one and they balk.
I'm right around 9% off sticker with 0% for 72

Wish I could get 10%, off
Yes, the Mustang is a base car. The 0% for 72 is attractive, but dealers around me won't do the $2,500 in rebates at the same time with the 0% for 72. It's either you pick the 0% for 72 and not get the rebates, or get the rebates but not get the 0% for 72.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yes, the Mustang is a base car. The 0% for 72 is attractive, but dealers around me won't do the $2,500 in rebates at the same time with the 0% for 72. It's either you pick the 0% for 72 and not get the rebates, or get the rebates but not get the 0% for 72.
Yea they wont do it around me either

Last edited:

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
$699 admin fee? Uhh... most states that’s capped around $200. I’d negotiate that way down. Everything is negotiable except the taxes, and destination fees.
Unfortunately, that's not the way it works in Georgia. Once a dealer establishes an admin fee, whatever it is, it *must* be charged to all customers. Only way around it is to negotiate that amount back out of the selling price, but, by law, it will always show up on the printed buyer's order/contract. That being said, $699 is pretty reasonable for the Atlanta area. I've seen as high as $899. I believe the law caps it at $1000, but I'm not 100% sure on that part.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Depends on state. In AZ it's around $500 and non negotiable.

Sponsored

aw34r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
On an MSRP of about 50k i'm getting offered 46 and 48.6 for 0%. I'm wondering if I hold out till the end of the month or when the 20's start rolling out if the dealers would combine rebates and 0% if still offered. Thoughts?

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
On an MSRP of about 50k i'm getting offered 46 and 48.6 for 0%. I'm wondering if I hold out till the end of the month or when the 20's start rolling out if the dealers would combine rebates and 0% if still offered. Thoughts?
They may offer you a better deal that might look similar in price to that, but they can't offer both the rebate cash and 0%.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well I made the deal..
I search for white or blue and got lucky...

Sticker was $41365
I paid $38700 minus $1000 Incentive - $37800
Then I added warranty 5/60 $1100 ($100 deductible)
Opted for 0 for 72

Total was 38800 + tax
(tag and paperwork were included in price)

2019 GT
Velocity Blue
301A/Black Out Package/Floor Mats/Mini Spare/3.15's

I think I did ok......

Last edited:

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
Well I made the deal..

Sticker was $41365
Opted for 0 for 72

Total was 38800 + tax

2019 GT
Velocity Blue

I think I did ok......
Pics or it didn't happen! :D - By that, I mean I want to see the car. VB was an excellent choice!

AGM2018

Well I made the deal..

Sticker was $41365
Opted for 0 for 72

Total was 38800 + tax

2019 GT
Velocity Blue

I think I did ok......

Stymee,

I am located not too far from you and I have a similar offer:

2019 GT (Base Trim) MSRP: $42,625
Velocity Blue, with Ebony Cloth interior
10 speed automatic transmission
301 Equipment Group
3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Axle
Enhanced Security Package
Spoiler delete
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
Voice Activated Touchscreen Navigation System

The amount offered for my trade is the negotiation point of contention; my pay off amount is 19K and I asked for 18K, as I know the car (2016 Nissan Maxima SR with only 25,500 miles) needs tires and a good detail for the dealership to offer it for sale. 2016 Maxima's similar to mine are advertised at $21,500-$22,000, so I firmly believe 18K is a fair trade amount, for both parties. The "stealership" offered $16K...I said no, stood up from the salesman's desk, asked for my key fob back, shook his hand and advised him when (if) the dealership actually wanted to make a fair trade offer and sell the car, to call me. That was yesterday (Saturday), we shall see what happens tomorrow.

My offer for the car, with an 18K allowance for my trade in, was (is) a final, "Out-The-Door" and "On-The-Road" price of $43K. I intend to put $7K down (total of $36K financed) to have a note of $500 a month. Am I being "too aggressive" or perhaps, not "aggressive" enough? $43K, I believe, is nice deal for this car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Stymee,

I am located not too far from you and I have a similar offer:

2019 GT (Base Trim) MSRP: $42,625
Velocity Blue, with Ebony Cloth interior
10 speed automatic transmission
301 Equipment Group
3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Axle
Enhanced Security Package
Spoiler delete
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
Voice Activated Touchscreen Navigation System

The amount offered for my trade is the negotiation point of contention; my pay off amount is 19K and I asked for 18K, as I know the car (2016 Nissan Maxima SR with only 25,500 miles) needs tires and a good detail for the dealership to offer it for sale. 2016 Maxima's similar to mine are advertised at $21,500-$22,000, so I firmly believe 18K is a fair trade amount, for both parties. The "stealership" offered $16K...I said no, stood up from the salesman's desk, asked for my key fob back, shook his hand and advised him when (if) the dealership actually wanted to make a fair trade offer and sell the car, to call me. That was yesterday (Saturday), we shall see what happens tomorrow.

My offer for the car, with an 18K allowance for my trade in, was (is) a final, "Out-The-Door" and "On-The-Road" price of $43K. I intend to put $7K down (total of $36K financed) to have a note of $500 a month. Am I being "too aggressive" or perhaps, not "aggressive" enough? $43K, I believe, is nice deal for this car.
Your trade complicates the deal structure enough that you really don't know if your getting a deal.
Are you a 500 a month buyer?

AGM2018

Your trade complicates the deal structure enough that you really don't know if your getting a deal.
Are you a 500 a month buyer?

Jetnoise,

I agree with you on the trade...it does complicate the deal. Initially, I wasn't going to trade my car in; I planned to sell it privately. The Sales Manager really wanted it (the car) for his used car inventory, so I agreed to trade it in. The final "Out-The-Door" and "On-The-Road" offer before calculating the trade in was $42K. With the trade in, there is also less sales tax to pay, because sales tax is only calculated and paid, as you know, on the difference of the trade balance and purchase price. The reduction to sales tax by trading my car is $300. I pay $700.00 more and the taxes are reduced by $300.00...for a total of 1K less. Thus, the reason my purchase offer of $43K. I believe this is an equitable final sale price for the car;

$500 is the maximum monthly note I will pay for a car..any car. if I can't negotiate a deal, including cash I elect to pay at time of purchase, for $500 or less, I won't buy it...even if the note is $500.01. $500.00 is my "hard line in the sand" and I won't...and don't..cross it. Time will tell if the dealer will agree to sell the car for a final price of $43K...I have to September 2nd to wait...I am not in a hurry. If I can't make a deal for the car, then the car wasn't meant for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

BDStang2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Kona Blue manual
Jetnoise,

I agree with you on the trade...it does complicate the deal. Initially, I wasn't going to trade my car in; I planned to sell it privately. The Sales Manager really wanted it (the car) for his used car inventory, so I agreed to trade it in.
You should just sell your current car privately and negotiate your purchase separately. That's what I'm doing right now. It's a pain in the butt to deal with private potential buyers but I made about $4,000 more than what I would have gotten as a trade in. That's definitely worth the hassle to me...

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Jetnoise,

I agree with you on the trade...it does complicate the deal. Initially, I wasn't going to trade my car in; I planned to sell it privately. The Sales Manager really wanted it (the car) for his used car inventory, so I agreed to trade it in. The final "Out-The-Door" and "On-The-Road" offer before calculating the trade in was $42K. With the trade in, there is also less sales tax to pay, because sales tax is only calculated and paid, as you know, on the difference of the trade balance and purchase price. The reduction to sales tax by trading my car is $300. I pay $700.00 more and the taxes are reduced by $300.00...for a total of 1K less. Thus, the reason my purchase offer of $43K. I believe this is an equitable final sale price for the car;

$500 is the maximum monthly note I will pay for a car..any car. if I can't negotiate a deal, including cash I elect to pay at time of purchase, for $500 or less, I won't buy it...even if the note is $500.01. $500.00 is my "hard line in the sand" and I won't...and don't..cross it. Time will tell if the dealer will agree to sell the car for a final price of $43K...I have to September 2nd to wait...I am not in a hurry. If I can't make a deal for the car, then the car wasn't meant for me.
Sit tight u have a bit more time

AGM2018

You should just sell your current car privately and negotiate your purchase separately. That's what I'm doing right now. It's a pain in the butt to deal with private potential buyers but I made about $4,000 more than what I would have gotten as a trade in. That's definitely worth the hassle to me...

I agree. This is going to be my course of action. IF the dealership calls tomorrow, I will tell them the trade is "off the table" and my final purchase price offer is now 40K, vice the 42K with the trade they offered. This will give me negotiating room to get to a final price of 41K, which was my initial first offer two weeks ago, before any kind of discussions transpired. I have until September 3rd (or is it the 2nd?) to wait. If the car hasn't sold by Saturday (the last day of the month) I am betting the "stealership" won't lose a 40K+ sale over $1K. We will see who "blinks" first.
Sponsored