Sponsored

What has everyone done with the window sticker they got when they bought it?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
, but not sure anyone can print the exact same size as a true dealer window sticker?
It is a standard paper size and the PDF contains the image so it can be printed to the correct size. If the green doesn't show, the image in the PDF can be Photoshopped, color changed, and you can then have it printed.

But, the $49 deal mentioned above seems to be the best and easiest way to get the printout you want.
Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It is a standard paper size and the PDF contains the image so it can be printed to the correct size. If the green doesn't show, the image in the PDF can be Photoshopped, color changed, and you can then have it printed.

But, the $49 deal mentioned above seems to be the best and easiest way to get the printout you want.
Fortunately the PDF has the green and looks just like the real sticker. I haven't measured it, but I read somewhere that window stickers are usually 12x18, which would be slightly larger. I want it to match my F150 sticker which is laminated and hung on my garage wall... if the sizes are different it'll be obvious. BUT if they really are 11x17, I'm sure I can print it and laminate it cheaper than 50 bucks. Maybe?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I think pic 2 looks better.
I was leaning that way too. The first pic was the night before, and as I was looking at it with the original I decided I didnt want change or remove anything, so I decided to see about using the blank space area which appealed to me and wanted to get a take on others view before I print it out and frame it along with the other things I was going to frame along with the Window sticker.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tweaked mine with a few Easter eggs.

TOBS%20GT500%20sticker%20in%20black%20FINAL-X4.jpg

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Tweaked mine with a few Easter eggs.

TOBS%20GT500%20sticker%20in%20black%20FINAL-X4.jpg
Tob, question, did you print this out on normal paper or photo paper? I'm conflicted and not sure which I should use, I just got my hands on the regular paper, but now thinking of getting Glossy Photo paper and printing it on that, but I'm wondering if there will be too much glare.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Mike: You can use mat finish photo paper. But, I'd take it to Fedex Office, Staples, etc., and get them to print it to size which as was mentioned, I believe is 12 x 18".

Here's a site that might help.

https://monroneylabels.com/

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Mike: I did a bit more digging and here's what I discovered.

First, the window sticker image in the PDF files dimensions are:

5033 x 3294 pixels

If printed at 300dpi, that would yield a printout with dimensions: 16.78 x 10.98 inches. Rounding up slightly gets us 11 x 17 which is exactly "Legal" size paper.

So, if you don't have a printer that can accept that paper size, put the PDF file on a thumbdrive, go to one of the outfits I mentioned earlier, and have them print it on 11 x 17 mat photo paper. That will get you as close to the original look and quality as possible. (I'd do this even if I did have a printer that accepts legal size.)

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mike: You can use mat finish photo paper. But, I'd take it to Fedex Office, Staples, etc., and get them to print it to size which as was mentioned, I believe is 12 x 18".

Here's a site that might help.

https://monroneylabels.com/
Thanks KB, but I have not only my original, but I also had my pdf version, which both are Ledger size (11x17 by default, but actually 10"x 16.25" for the actual window sticker on the car and the PDF version is approx: 10.9 x 16.7 (This is due to the extra info printed on the PDF version on the top and bottom)), I'll look into the matte photo paper, right now I have 11 x 17 92 bright regular paper and did a couple of test runs to the mock up I did with things that were missing on the PDF version which I copied over from the original and some things I added to see if I needed to change the size of the font on a couple of easter eggs I added before I frame it up this spring.

Mike: I did a bit more digging and here's what I discovered.

First, the window sticker image in the PDF files dimensions are:

5033 x 3294 pixels

If printed at 300dpi, that would yield a printout with dimensions: 16.78 x 10.98 inches. Rounding up slightly gets us 11 x 17 which is exactly "Legal" size paper.

So, if you don't have a printer that can accept that paper size, put the PDF file on a thumbdrive, go to one of the outfits I mentioned earlier, and have them print it on 11 x 17 mat photo paper. That will get you as close to the original look and quality as possible. (I'd do this even if I did have a printer that accepts legal size.)
Actually thats now called "Ledger" as "Legal" back in the day was 11 x 14 but now is considered 8.5 x 14 due to printers costing too much back then to do the odd size of 11 x 14.

I have a printer that prints as high as 13 x 19 so there is no shrinking happening here (pun intended). And the printer I bought a few years ago is a Inkjet Brother thats intended for Photos of all sizes so I dont have to bring it elsewhere to have it done, but thanks for the direction about the paper and info.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Roger on Legal being 11 x 14, brain fart, Mike and 10-4 on Ledger. Been out of the printer market far too long to know what the standards and prices are today. I'd still consider taking the final comp on a thumbdrive to Fedex Office or similar. It's pretty inexpensive and they can do a really nice job with their high dollar printers.

Have fun..

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Roger on Legal being 11 x 14, brain fart, Mike and 10-4 on Ledger. Been out of the printer market far too long to know what the standards and prices are today. I'd still consider taking the final comp on a thumbdrive to Fedex Office or similar. It's pretty inexpensive and they can do a really nice job with their high dollar printers.

Have fun..
I'll keep it in mind, once you have the masters you can do anything at that point. I sent you a DM BTW see if you can do some magic again :wink:

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
I like how mine came out. Reprint of Window Sticker from Ford Show Parts with a Michael's Art Store 11x17 frame.

window.jpg
Sponsored