Sponsored

What has been done to your mustang when you serviced it? + Premium Maintenance question.

holaz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP
Hi Folks,

I've owned an EcoBoost before my 2021 GT and I have not done anything else to it other than oil changes. (Sold @ 18k miles - 3 services done).
Not sure if the GT is different and that is why I want to ask about your maintenance experience. I'm thinking on changing the oil every ~7500 miles (I use full synthetic). Other than that, what should I expect at the ~10k service, ~20k service, ~30k service, ~40k service? [I doubt ill own my GT more than that]
According to the 2021 Mustang maintenance schedule, there is not much to be done other than regular oil and filter changes [2021 Mustang Maintenance Schedule] but there are a bunch of others "Inspect".

I purchased the Premium Maintenance Plan, which includes replacement of oil/filter changes + brake pads, spark plugs, clutch disks, engine belts, coolants, clutch disks, etc. [Ford PMP]. Price was about 1950 for 5 years/60k miles.

IMG_2805.jpg

Besides not believing the cost of each service nor all they suggest to be performed at each service, I find myself driving around 500-600 miles per month, and honestly, as much as I love my mustang I doubt I will keep it past the 40k miles mark.

If I keep driving 500 miles/month and servicing my car every 7500 miles, I would be servicing my mustang every 15 months. The PMP is costing me about $35/ month, so 35*15=525. Basically I'm paying $525 per service... its NUTS!

I'm glad that I found this out soon, and I can get about 95% of what I paid for the PMP towards my car loan.

Here is where I need your help: What has been the average cost of your 10k/20k/30k/40k service and what has been done to your mustangs at each service?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
You got taken for a ride. Get a refund on that overpriced money maker for the dealeship.

As you noticed in your manual there is little more to be done at that mileage than oil changes and inspections. Dealers love to perpetuate the belief that there's these often, expensive services required every 10-20k etc.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Yeap, I would go to the dealer and ask for a refund. Besides, those maintenance prices are insane.

Im pretty sure that "GDI 3 part fuel system service" is just some fuel additive/cleaner sold at your local auto parts store. Those fluids exchange at 30K? I would not visit that dealer not even for a free coffee.

If you want to know what Ford, not a Stealer, recommends, you can go to this link and type your VIN.

https://www.ford.com/support/service-schedule/#/details

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I do my own service. Parts and materials are my only costs.
Sponsored