Sponsored

What happened to the.......source.com?

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
It used to be the go to site when I was interested in both '12-'13 B302's and '13-'14 Shelbys. That place is dead now. How long has 6g been around?
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Not sure. I quit visiting it months ago due to another members negativity. He's one of those '14owners/'15 haters that had to go out of his way to piss on everyone's '15 posts. I guess if mods allow an asshole to run the show, there is less work for them.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I take it we're talking TMS?

Yes, that was my favourite Mustang site and was a brilliant source of info when the 2010+ models were in development. However, the place is full of S550 haters, so I tend not to spend too much time there now.

M6G now has the "vibe" that TMS had 5 years ago. Long may it continue :cheers:

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I'd say it was the largest Mustang site not too long ago. I find it strange that it slipped so quickly in its popularity.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I was just over there are there was 130+ on the 2015 Mustang section. Still seems to be very active to me.

Sponsored

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Those are total viewing, not total members. Only 65 members on the whole site right now. For a site that has been around for as long as it has, that is pretty bad.

I used to visit it as well but it just not the same there anymore. Much more active here.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'd definitely miss it if it were gone. There are still some good people over there, but it really is the constant S550 put-downs that put me off the place.

I'm sure they'll mellow, once more S550s hit the streets. At least I hope so.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Not sure. I quit visiting it months ago due to another members negativity. He's one of those '14owners/'15 haters that had to go out of his way to piss on everyone's '15 posts. I guess if mods allow an asshole to run the show, there is less work for them.
I know some of those guys all to well, had my battles at Mustang Evolution as well but seems like those negative ones have left, were banned, or gave up seeking out '15 threads to talk shit.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'd definitely miss it if it were gone. There are still some good people over there, but it really is the constant S550 put-downs that put me off the place.

I'm sure they'll mellow, once more S550s hit the streets. At least I hope so.
I feel like that's an issue with multi-model forums. One of the reasons M6G is great is because it's concentrated on a single generation of vehicle.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I've been all over the Mustang forum world for the last 4 years or so, right around when I got my 2011. With the anonymity of the internet there will always be some less than useful members everywhere. I don't feel like naming names but there are forums who cater to sponsors and vendors just for the advertising money and don't give a crap about their members or the organization of information on the forum. Those sites run rampant with repetitive threads on "Which CAI is best" or "what's the widest tires I can run" with nobody even attempting to search for information on their own.

Then there are sites where the membership is so protective of the forum's tech reputation that they will instantly and mercilessly gang up on new members who don't search before posting a thread. Great source of technical information though.

This forum has been awesome since I joined and I really enjoy chatting up with members here and recently met up with a new 2015 owner in my area. The moderating team(or individual?) on M6G has be doing great for such a rapidly expanding website.

Of course there seems to be a clique of experienced members who feel they are so smart they only need to post condescending and otherwise completely useless remarks to show their superiority rather than actually sharing their experience and knowledge. It seems if you want people to think you are smart you need to be the biggest asshole in the thread. :lol:

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I've been all over the Mustang forum world for the last 4 years or so, right around when I got my 2011. With the anonymity of the internet there will always be some less than useful members everywhere. I don't feel like naming names but there are forums who cater to sponsors and vendors just for the advertising money and don't give a crap about their members or the organization of information on the forum. Those sites run rampant with repetitive threads on "Which CAI is best" or "what's the widest tires I can run" with nobody even attempting to search for information on their own.

Then there are sites where the membership is so protective of the forum's tech reputation that they will instantly and mercilessly gang up on new members who don't search before posting a thread. Great source of technical information though.

This forum has been awesome since I joined and I really enjoy chatting up with members here and recently met up with a new 2015 owner in my area. The moderating team(or individual?) on M6G has be doing great for such a rapidly expanding website.

Of course there seems to be a clique of experienced members who feel they are so smart they only need to post condescending and otherwise completely useless remarks to show their superiority rather than actually sharing their experience and knowledge. It seems if you want people to think you are smart you need to be the biggest asshole in the thread. :lol:
I have done that a couple times with threads that have been posted multiple times. I guess by being a member at SVT P. since 2003, I have grown accustom to all the site I post on to hit the search button a few times to find my answers.

This site is great. I like a ton of people and the info is top notch.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have done that a couple times with threads that have been posted multiple times. I guess by being a member at SVT P. since 2003, I have grown accustom to all the site I post on to hit the search button a few times to find my answers.

This site is great. I like a ton of people and the info is top notch.
The only source of info on here back in the day.

☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)