What Happened to my America?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Briebee72, Jun 1, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Briebee72

Briebee72 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT 2019
    0   0   0
    So I see lots of blame of politics and economic station. I have to disagree, while these things do affect things to a degree. Its as if people are saying well if everyone had money and politics weren't involved we wouldn't have these issues. Eh, I beg to different. People just like to blame others for their issues. Bottom line is people have become asshats, entitled and expect everyone to give them everything. I encountered people everyday who have money and are total jerks. Matter of fact I know plenty of poor people and a few homeless and they are appreciative of what they have and most would give you anything they have. I just don't see ones socioeconomic status as the real issue here. The problem is people, its always been people and their attitudes. How much money do you need to live? I lived off 7500.00 a year for 3 years and I lived fine. Paid my part of the rent, I ate fine and had a truck. People expect to much. They want the full cable package with sports for 140.00 a month and the 25 gig cell plan for 180.00 a month with a 1200.00 cell phone and a mac computer and a new car and a 4 bedroom house and and and and and and... a bunch of crap they don't need. I see people out spending thousands on stuff they absolutely do not need to live well and then complain they can't pay rent or feed their kids. Yet have all new iphones, a case of beer each day, 2 packs of cigarettes, designer cloths and a 60k suv. They also manage to buy pot as well yet cant pay the electric bill. Yet blame the government for their hardships?

I live in an area of the country where I have had to listen to it for years. They people here ,the natives, are not the nicest friendliest people. Yet everyday they blame everything on people from elsewhere. its the northerners fault, its the floridians fault. its people from out of town and so on... NO one ever says well yeah people here are just entitled jackasses.

People never want to look inward for their issues it is just easier to blame the government or the cops or other people instead of making the changes from within.

2. OP
    OP
    Briebee72

Briebee72 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang GT 2019
    0   0   0
    I have to agree with this. like the cops or not just do as they say and stuff will be cool. I know there are asshat cops out their but I have never had a problem. Now my buddy who is white is in trouble all the time because he runs his mouth to them and fights with them. You see these videos of police brutality for years and its always the same. The videos are editied down to just where the cop is losing his cool. Then a few weeks later the real full video comes out where the guy was running from them. cursing them, fighting them swinging on them or acting like he had a gun.

I sorry Im not really on either side but I do know that no matter how big a dick the cop is they dont just run you down and yank you out a car and pull 4 guns on you for no reason. All the youtube videos of people being jerks to cops just doing their jobs and so on...

There are bad cops no doubt and they need to be made to follow the law same as anyone. But no every cop doing their job or protecting themselves by having their gun draw is a bad cop or showing brutality. If I was a cop and was facing a person who was eratic and resisting and maybe even on drugs you bet I would have my hand on my weapon no matter what color they were.

Hack likes this.
  3. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang, Fiesta
    0   0   0
    30 years of liberals educating/indoctrinating children is what has happened to America. As America goes farther and farther left, expect that the rich will get a lot richer, unemployment will be a lot worse, criminals will be set free, people who think the wrong things will be thrown into jail... the list goes on.

dpAtlanta and JCFoster like this.
  4. tom_sprecher

tom_sprecher Living Race Car Free

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
    0   0   0
    Yes, it seems to have gotten worse over the past 10-15 years, but only relatively so. I feel we are all more aware of it now since everyone carries a cell phone that can record and broadcast live pictures and video around the world.

5. Caballus

Caballus Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    GT350
    0   0   0
    That is a laudable set of accomplishments and speaks well of our nation. However, it also points out an issue that begs attention. A Romanian immigrant can come to America and earn success within a generation, appropriately so. However, the American lineage of Mr. Floyd and the others being discussed date back 200-400 years at a minimum. It's not about politicians; it's about the people of the United States of America.

6. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mustang, Fiesta
    0   0   0
    That's a good point. Most things are actually pretty good.

Really the worst thing going on right now is Covid and that should be over soon. Unless the world politicians can't let go of their brief taste of martial law.

We do have issues with law enforcement not enforcing laws and some people taking advantage of that, but the economy was really great before they decided to shut businesses down.

7. aleccolin

aleccolin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Colin
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I just can't wrap my head around how it became acceptable in far leftist ideology to actively HATE America. Like, for real? Really? Have you never been anywhere else? Fuck off with that bullshit, you spoiled, entitled twats.

JCFoster, Strokerswild and Hack like this.
  8. Bikeman315

Bikeman315 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
    Please explain what you mean by "far leftist ideology" and exactly how they have shown you they hate America. Also please explain why you think folks on the far left are spoiled, entitled twats.

You come on here with some pretty strong and hateful comments yourself. Now back them up with facts, not extreme right wing BS.

LSchicago, martinjlm and key01 like this.
  9. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Al
    Vehicle(s):
    71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 02 150, 06 250
    0   0   0
    Personally I think both sides are spoiled entitled twats, same with Boomers and Millennials.

Gen X'ers and Centrists unite!

JCFoster and LSchicago like this.
  10. 2018OFPP1?2

2018OFPP1?2 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Walt
    Vehicle(s):
    '92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
    0   0   0
    No, it's about those who do things to help themselves and society in the process, and those who don't do either.

White, black, brown, yellow, red, it doesn't really matter. At some point, you have to recognize that if you don't take out the trash, you live in a trash heap.

Until we wake up as a society, and start taking out the trash, the heap is only going to get bigger.

ChitownStang likes this.
  11. Flimflamman

Flimflamman Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 GT A10 & 301A
    Garage Profiles:
    Technology
    0   0   0
    People do need to be able to make a living wage. But what exactly is that? $15, $20, $25 an hour minimum wage? And with what? A high school diploma or not even that? You risk watering down people's wages that worked hard to get a college degree, medical degree, trade school, etc.

Then economics 101 kicks in because raising min wages cranks up the cost to run business, which gets passed on to the consumer. So much for that wage increase. Yes top executives and athletes make exorbitant amounts of money. To f'ing bad... deal with it.

There are a LOT of able bodied people that expect something for nothing. Or get pissed off because they don't make the effort to get "ahead in life", and blame the success of others for their failures. I'm not saying EVERYONE has an opportunity, but MOST do and fail to capitalize on it. The sooner you let go of letting people with silver spoons piss you off, the better off and happier you will be in life. Not everyone can be rich, powerful, and "beautiful" like skinny ass runway models.

We're also such a materialized society with a lot of people trying to keep up with the Jones's. So yeah.. you are correct that a lot of people are terrible with managing their money. I myself, admittedly, have fallen into that trap before.

TLDR - Get your ass to work, school, or both, and take care of yourself. Be a productive part of society, not a disruptive, destructive, whiny ass fool.

12. IPOGT

IPOGT Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle(s):
    2016 Mustang FP/GT 1979 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400
    0   0   0
    Two words.....Mandatory Draft.
    Been keeping people civil and responsible for decades.

13. Bikeman315

Bikeman315 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ira
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Mustang GT/CS
    Retired
    0   0   0
    I think mandatory military service would be a fantastic idea. But it would have to be for everyone, no restrictions.

14. Silver Bullitt

Silver Bullitt Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Coupe PP2
    0   0   0
    I'd say Barack Hussein Obama would be a good starting point. Do we need to talk about his bros like Bill Ayers or Jeremiah Wright for starters?

15. Inthehighdesert

Inthehighdesert Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 gt convertible
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    The flip side to your question is demonstrate with facts the far left ideology doesn’t exist. You can’t site extreme right wing bs without The existence of left wing bs. Plain and simple. I don’t care what side of the political equation some one is on, but there is no escaping many city’s in the US are under siege where the elected leaders have their heads so far up there ass it’ll take a sonic boom to get it out. You asked for facts on the far left ideology. The references and examples are literally plastered all over the media currently. What’s disgusting is people are genuinely questioning there sense of right and wrong and trying to justify the behavior we are are watching across the country currently. None of this has any thing to do with the criminal and the douchbag officer.