What Happened to my America?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Tell that to the DOJ. Were there Antifi members out there? Of course, as were white supremacist groups and the KKK. All scum but you cannot blame one group for everything. Plenty of blame to go around. And what to you expect the "dem" leaders to do. What did the "rep" leaders do. Under the extreme circumstances I think most did the best they could with what they had. Very easy to armchair quarterback when you do not need to figure out how to contain a 10K people crowd with a 1K police force.
https://www.npr.org/2020/06/09/8732...-justice-department-cases-brought-over-unrest

Yeah, this was a lose lose. The restrictions were too little, too late but the racist tag was unnecessary.
Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
What is what's wrong with America? Freedoms? Equality?

If you are ignorant, racist and a hypocrite 'you might be a republican.' Wow, I can make extremely dumb generalizations too.

The facts? https://www.businessinsider.in/inte...klan-prosecutor-says/articleshow/76289321.cms

You should really stop being a hypocrite. The protestors are calling for change from dem leaders too, no one is saying vote all blue, they're asking for change and will vote for anyone who will bring it to fruition no matter the political party.

Yeah, he's doing a great job protecting the hundreds of thousands dead from covid19, the millions unemployed, the protestors he gassed, and the plethora of terrible business deals he's had over his entire career. Now, he's basically the confederacy's second President.

Dems certainly do their fair share of wreckage too, but don't throw stones from a glass house.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't you expect that from all of our leaders, not just one party. Rioting and looting happened in Republican states and cities too. It's not all one sided (except to you, of course) :like:

Byrd was certainly quite the character. but he was beloved by many Republicans as well. I certainly do not agree with what he did. Can you image how it would have played in this era?

Honestly I'm not sure about removing the statues. I certainly can see the viewpoints of those that want them removed. But removing the statues doesn't remove the history (kind of like Poltergeist). Maybe having them stand will remind people of what they stood for and serve as a reminder to not allow history to repeat itself. JMHO.

Robert Byrd
Main article: Robert Byrd § Race
Senator Robert Byrd was a Kleagle, a Klan recruiter, in his 20s and 30s.
Robert C. Byrd, was a recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter. After leaving the group, Byrd spoke in favor of the Klan during his early political career. Though he later said he officially left the organization in 1943, Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd attempted to explain or defend his former membership in the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old.[1] Byrd, a Democrat, eventually became his party leader in the Senate. Byrd later said joining the Klan was his "greatest mistake,"[2] and after his death, the NAACP released a statement praising Byrd, acknowledging his former affiliation with the Klan and saying that he "became a champion for civil rights and liberties" and "came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda".[3] In a 2001 interview, Byrd used the term "white niggers" twice during a national television broadcast. The full quote ran as follows: "My old mom told me, 'Robert, you can't go to heaven if you hate anybody.' We practice that. There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much." Byrd later apologized for the phrase and admitted that it "has no place in today's society," and did not clarify the intended meaning of the term in his context.[4][5]

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
@Bikeman315 @bjstang still going on about Byrd as if Byrd didn't do all he could to become a better person. But @bjstang will give a pass to any other racist, as long as, he is wearing a MAGA hat, weird.

Yeah, dude was a PoS in the 1940s. But aren't you the guy who says we shouldn't persecute people for their pasts? Not to downplay who he was or what he might have done, but it would seem he was young and stupid, and then grew up and spent the rest of his life continually repudiating everything the KKK stood for, not to mention apologizing for it. Isn't that how real people change in the real world? Someone who climbs out of the darkness into the light and acknowledges their mistakes should be celebrated, not vilified, right?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/106189-naacp-mourns-byrds-death

Seems like the NAACP forgave him and who am I to argue against that.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
My brothers are training, deployed, or sitting on a boat in ranger shorts. Acting like fools? Most definitely.

Evidence? I'm sure some protestors have thrown rocks threw storefronts but killed innocent people? I'm not so sure about that one. However, right-wing extremists have. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlottesville_car_attack

Edit: The biggest change around here I see is unemployment, protests, and covid19 deaths. All of that under Republican leadership originating from our Presidency and its lack of responsibility.

I live in MD, we have a Republican governor, lol.

It would be no different if a Democrat was President and we had these same issues. Much like I was upset with Obamas gun-running, lack of accountability for the attack on protestors at the Dakota pipeline/Tea party protests, and many other issues.

This is the difference between you and me, fundamentally, I don't care about political affiliation. I'll call shit shit no matter which party it is.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You know that "they" (all of them) are just sitting on their thrones in Olympus, DC laughing there asses off at all of us. What's I believe is really funny is that the Republicans are laughing at Bill and the Democrats are laughing at watisthis. I swear this is all a big game to them. It's "The Apprentice, Government Edition".

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
You still upset you weren't able to join? Don't worry, Trump wasn't either.

I'm still waiting on you to post evidence of left-wing extremists being charged with killing people at protests.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/s...-retired-police-officer-david-dorn/index.html Seems like CNN did report it.

Yeah, it's a partisan issue and a large one at that.

As you would say - "evidence?"

Thank you for the compliment. I didn't think you thought so highly of me, I'm blushing.

Congratulations! Good to hear that you're doing well in these trying times.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

I'm still waiting on you to post evidence of left-wing extremists being charged with killing people at protests.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/08/us/s...-retired-police-officer-david-dorn/index.html Seems like CNN did report it.

Thank you for the compliment. I didn't think you thought so highly of me, I'm blushing.

Is he laughing all the way to the bank with his $275 a week?

upload_2020-6-11_11-15-9.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
An example of what? Did he say he was affiliated with a left-wing extremist group? No. Have I linked a few examples of right-wing extremists killing protestors? Yes.

I'm still waiting for you to provide any evidence that right-wing extremists groups are not more violent than left-wing extremists. One side seems to want to kill and preach racism the other wants to fight the ones preaching racism. Big brain you have here.

So you have no evidence?

From the guy who says one illegal immigrant committing a crime someone is too much, which we agree on, is ok with cops killing innocents because it doesn't happen often enough. 'One crime caused by an undocumented immigrant is too far!' Meanwhile, dozens of unarmed black Americans die to cops.

This is what we call racism.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It all starts at the top with leadership and the mechanisms for putting such in place have been broken for decades.

Massive studies awhile back have confirmed that the two party system in american is obsolete as is the nonsense of the electoral college.

We as Americans have to educate ourselves on the best candidates for the positions not be swayed by banter and promises.

Also we as Americans have to vote, do not let vote suppression get in the way.

TC
Sponsored