Sponsored

What foreign(non-US) countries offered a Mustang with a sunroof?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I saw a Mustang for sale the other day in the Philippines I believe. The advertisement had pictures of the car and on the list of features I saw "sunroof - top of the line model." It got me thinking if the sunroof was offered in other countries, why not here? Yes, it would have added to the production cost of the car therefore increasing sticker price but... They could have limited sunroofs to the premium trim or an optional package. I'm sure lots of people would have opted for a sunroof given the chance. I hate convertibles, so a sunroof is a nice compromise.
Sponsored

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No recent (at least S550 generation) Mustangs were made with a sunroof. If you see one, it's a custom aftermarket job.

In a way I'm glad Ford doesn't offer it, because then every dealer would order them with sunroofs to pad their profit margin, and I can do without it. Going back to the late '90s, I remember it getting really hard to find a Z28 without T-Tops because dealers would order every car that way, forcing you (me) to buy a $995 option I didn't want.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
No recent (at least S550 generation) Mustangs were made with a sunroof. If you see one, it's a custom aftermarket job.

In a way I'm glad Ford doesn't offer it, because then every dealer would order them with sunroofs to pad their profit margin, and I can do without it. Going back to the late '90s, I remember it getting really hard to find a Z28 without T-Tops because dealers would order every car that way, forcing you (me) to buy a $995 option I didn't want.
This, 995.00 option, that gives you less head room, and a leak prone roof.
My Jeep has one, I had to replace the weather stripe so it not leak As rubber dryrots and gets hard and not form a tight seal. I have used the sunroof a total of 4 times in the time I have owned it.
Not a fan of adding weight to the top of a performance vehicle and glass is not lite.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
No sunroof for me thanks. Ever.
I ride motorcycles a lot and get enough wind noise that way.
And as stated by others, it's prone to issues down the road and costs WAY too much.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The Mustang I saw with a sunroof was a 2014. It looked factory.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
I love sunroofs. My last handful of cars had them and never had any trouble with them. I'm guessing the shape of the roof made it difficult on these cars. There's always the verts, but I'm not pretty enough for that.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
The Mustang I saw with a sunroof was a 2014. It looked factory.
the 2014 and under could be ordered with a glass roof as the roof is flat unlike the S550 the roof is not flat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebm

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Until they leak.they have tubes that take water off the glass down thru ap illars.900 bucks later hopefully they're fixed
What a PITA drying out carpets before the car started smelling..had to take headliner down to get at the tubes
Sponsored