What feature did you discovered today

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Figured out that our mirrors actually fold! I had no idea until now that they are foldable, I always thought I was gonna break them if I try too hard 😂
Sponsored

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Whoa ... fold, how? They obviously don't do it automatically.
I know right? They fold inwards, manually. I had no idea this whole time

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Whoa ... fold, how? They obviously don't do it automatically.
I know right? They fold inwards, manually. I had no idea this whole time
I don't know if that is 2018+ and/or EU specific but my 2020 has electric folding mirrors.
It is not automatic but can be done with a button at the panel where you adjust the mirrors

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I don't know if that is 2018+ and/or EU specific but my 2020 has electric folding mirrors.
It is not automatic but can be done with a button at the panel where you adjust the mirrors
My ride is from the US, its a 2015, thats cool that the facelifted ones are auto, comes in handy.

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
No such button on my '19 Bullitt; it has 2 buttons to select the side and a 4-way to adjust. Must be a European requirement.

BUT ... they DO fold inward manually, with not a terrible amount of force. I don't know where, or why, I'd fold them, but it might come in handy on a real narrow street or garage door. I did 'RTFM'--well, I skimmed it a couple times--but don't recall seeing that feature mentioned but, it's in there (p78 in my OM).

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
No such button on my '19 Bullitt; it has 2 buttons to select the side and a 4-way to adjust. Must be a European requirement.

BUT ... they DO fold inward manually, with not a terrible amount of force. I don't know where, or why, I'd fold them, but it might come in handy on a real narrow street or garage door. I did 'RTFM'--well, I skimmed it a couple times--but don't recall seeing that feature mentioned but, it's in there (p78 in my OM).
They also fold "back" if you push it hard enough. I do that (fold both directions) to really clean the mirror hinge, as I used to have a white car and if I did not do that the next rain would cause an off-color "run" streak from the mirror base down the side of the door.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you change the number of blinks?
FORScan.

I changed mine to 7, but that's way too many, so I am going to change mine to 5.

I will most likely post a document spelling out how to do it from scratch as there were info all over the place, after I finish my document for my dual horn swap on a GT.

I highly recommend it as I also enabled bambi mode (fog beams still on when high beam is on), and also got rid of the honk reminder when I step out and close the doors with engine running.

If you are interested, you may want to order yourself a OBD II USB tool. I got mine from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083FML519/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_fabc_j9I7FbTG6Y2Z8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

There are more expensive ones but this one was $18 and it works fine. If you want to grab a different one, make sure it has the HS/MS Can switch like the one listed above.

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Few days ago I found out I have a heated steering wheel. Started the car from inside and when I went out the wheel was really warm and I noticed the red steering wheel on the screen. Never really cared to even look to see if I did and just glossed over it in the manual. I’ll be damned, what’ll they think of next? :blush:

Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
FORScan.

I changed mine to 7, but that's way too many, so I am going to change mine to 5.

I will most likely post a document spelling out how to do it from scratch as there were info all over the place, after I finish my document for my dual horn swap on a GT.

I highly recommend it as I also enabled bambi mode (fog beams still on when high beam is on), and also got rid of the honk reminder when I step out and close the doors with engine running.

If you are interested, you may want to order yourself a OBD II USB tool. I got mine from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083FML519/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_fabc_j9I7FbTG6Y2Z8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

There are more expensive ones but this one was $18 and it works fine. If you want to grab a different one, make sure it has the HS/MS Can switch like the one listed above.
Dumb question, I suppose, but does changing any of these settings cause any issues with warranties?

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Few days ago I found out I have a heated steering wheel. Started the car from inside and when I went out the wheel was really warm and I noticed the red steering wheel on the screen. Never really cared to even look to see if I did and just glossed over it in the manual. I’ll be damned, what’ll they think of next? :blush:
Same here. I missed seeing it on the screen until after the Sync update.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dumb question, I suppose, but does changing any of these settings cause any issues with warranties?
Not a dumb question and I am not sure. I can't imagine changing the number of times the blinker blinks and/or disabling the horn should be a case for fod denying warranty claim.

I guess they could possibly say that adding extra 2 blinks could be extra "wear" on the LED circuit, but I highly doubt that they would try to do that.

I don't mind the three blinks, but the key reminder is something that bothers me. It made sense back when we had physical keys in cylinder, but not so much anymore. I can see it being a problem with a quiet car like Mach-E, but on a V8???

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
FORScan.

I've played around with forscan. Did the fog light change you mentioned. Didn't see the blinker change. I'll have to look them it again. Thanks