Sponsored

What factory options are upgradable from a 2020 base GT later if wanted.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve read of people adding the sync 3 and toggles etc and enabling the modes via forescan.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Question if you add sync3 can you get the driving modes. If I could would add it to my base gt in a second. I'm thinking getting it at a salvage yard so I could also get a cd player. I miss that on my 19...
Yes, you just have to enable them with ForScan. It's pretty easy, especially on a 19. Ford changed the wiring for FordPass integration so there is literally zero wiring to do, just have to replace the bezel, APIM, and screen with the 8 inch version and do a few ForScan changes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Yes, you just have to enable them with ForScan. It's pretty easy, especially on a 19. Ford changed the wiring for FordPass integration so there is literally zero wiring to do, just have to replace the bezel, APIM, and screen with the 8 inch version and do a few ForScan changes.
By the way, the CD player is only available in cars with the B&O system so keep that in mind.

OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
From the manual:

• Sport – Engages when you shift your automatic transmission into sport (S). Sport mode increases throttle response and helps your vehicle accelerate faster, but does not change the vehicle dynamics or stability system.
  • Sport + – Best suited for spirited driving. This mode increases throttle response, and if your vehicle is equipped with active exhaust, it takes on a more powerful tone. If your vehicle is equipped with adaptive dampers, the suspension becomes stiffer. This mode has less body motion and more precise steering. Selectable steering defaults to Sport but can be changed using the steering button.
Putting the shifter in "S" allows you to use the paddles manually. You need the "mode" toggle to enter sport or sport+ mode.

Edit....

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/question-re-drive-modes-on-automatic.107441/
Yeah this is from that thread you linked. Pretty much what I thought. The shifter to "s" definitely adds about 25% or more amped up throttling and much firming shifting. But no traction control changes.

OP
OP

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Do you know if its somewhat easy on 15-17 also. Also I'm just wondering what I was missing by not using the modes much on the Eco. For spirited street driving I never minded the traction controls on.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Do you know if its somewhat easy on 15-17 also. Also I'm just wondering what I was missing by not using the modes much on the Eco. For spirited street driving I never minded the traction controls on.
Nope, it's a lot more work. Need to make your own harness or buy one from Hextall. Bumps up the price significantly. Also have to buy an updated USB port/module.

The modes don't do too much, but on the GT if you leave it in stock traction control all the time it will silently cut torque when it decides you're hitting it too hard.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Thank you.

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Do you guys know if i can add the oem pony floor projection to my 19 gt base 301a package?

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Surprised no one said it, but the 18+ A10 (I think you said you wanted an auto) is superior to the old A6, so for me that would immediately eliminate the 15-17. Also, active exhaust is one of my favorite features (if not my favorite) and isn’t that expensive from the factory ($895? I think). I’ll never change the exhaust as I love the factory sound and the ability to be quite when I want, so that saved me some money right there.

You probably already purchased something, but seems like a new 301a, auto, with the key options you want (active exhaust) makes the most sense from my outside perspective. If that runs you 33, instead of 31, it is money well spent in my book (but it isn’t my money).

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
My take on this:
1. Anything can be retrofitted, but some things would cost many times more than getting it from the factory.
2. Due to the complexity of adding some features (heated/cooled seats, active exhaust, digital dash, etc), you not only end up with no warranty if installation causes an issue, but your car might actually lose value, rather than gaining some, since those mods rarely end up being like if they came with the car from the factory. So not a financially smart move.
3. If you're not happy with the car, you'd probably dump it quicker. Don't ask me how I know that. Ha ha.
Bottom line is it's always better to wait for the car you want, rather than buying a lesser one. Good luck.

Jaay_d5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Gt
Do you guys know if it’s possible to get the gt premium pony floor logo projection? I have a 19 Gt base 301a really like that logo

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
with the 18+ most if not all the connections are already there. You may just need to change out the mirror for a premium one and it should work. I think a guy on here did just that and it worked

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
IMG-3739.jpg

IMG-4344.jpg

I bought a 16 premium Ecoboost in 2015(My first Mustang, and car I actually modded as a whole) and if I could go back and do it over again I would have just gotten a Base GT and built it out. Summer 2018 I got a Base GT and did exactly that and only kicked myself because my 2016 would have been paid off by now had I done this instead.

Leatherseats.com Custom Seat Covers-$800
Tesla Screen-$700
PP Dash and Gauges off Ebay $150
Phantom fit Box & Sub, Speaker replacement-$500
Don't care for Blind spot system..
The only other thing it would be nice to have is Active Exhaust for my neighbor's sake
$2150 to turn my Base Model into a Frankenstiened PP Premium

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
PP Dash and Gauges off Ebay $150
$2150 to turn my Base Model into a Frankenstiened PP Premium
But you didnt do any of the actual performance pack mods right? Because the brakes alone are 1200 dollars.
Sponsored