Sponsored

What factory options are upgradable from a 2020 base GT later if wanted.

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
But you didnt do any of the actual performance pack mods right? Because the brakes alone are 1200 dollars.
Hence "Frankensteined" ...Aesthetically I have the same look as a PP1 S550. I'm on Lowering springs and I would have done that PP or not. I also plan on Boosting so the PP Brembo brakes wouldn't cut it for me anyways so I didn't count that in my Base to Premuim/PP build up.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
But you didnt do any of the actual performance pack mods right? Because the brakes alone are 1200 dollars.
you can find take offs fairly reasonable. I got my entire set,

he gave me full set of 4, rotors, calipers, brake pads, dust shields, brake lines, everything. for like 250-270 bucks. I cannot recall exact amount.- I drove 3 hours there, and 3 hours back for this though. I know I wanted bigger brakes.

ive seen a few of these deals pass through here. id never pay OEM pricing.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-gt-front-rear-brakes-with-rotors.132173/

spend 1200-1500 for full Steeda suspension, and now you have full performance pack, except radiator. I tossed a 500 dollar mishimoto radiator which is larger than PP rad

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
you can find take offs fairly reasonable. I got my entire set,

he gave me full set of 4, rotors, calipers, brake pads, dust shields, brake lines, everything. for like 250-270 bucks. I cannot recall exact amount.- I drove 3 hours there, and 3 hours back for this though. I know I wanted bigger brakes.

ive seen a few of these deals pass through here. id never pay OEM pricing.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2019-gt-front-rear-brakes-with-rotors.132173/

spend 1200-1500 for full Steeda suspension, and now you have full performance pack, except radiator. I tossed a 500 dollar mishimoto radiator which is larger than PP rad
The brakes you linked are the base GT brakes. You can get the 6 pot Brembo's for 1200 off any site other than from Ford Performance directly because they want 1800.

When I got my 2019 I paid just under 4k for the PP1 option and that was way cheaper than buying the parts separately.

1200 - Brembos
1500 - Suspension
1000 - PS4S Tires
1000 - Wheels
500 - Radiator
250 - Strut Bar
~350 - Splitter

It makes WAY more sense to just pay for the OEM option IMO.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The brakes you linked are the base GT brakes. You can get the 6 pot Brembo's for 1200 off any site other than from Ford Performance directly because they want 1800.

When I got my 2019 I paid just under 4k for the PP1 option and that was way cheaper than buying the parts separately.

1200 - Brembos
1500 - Suspension
1000 - PS4S Tires
1000 - Wheels
500 - Radiator
250 - Strut Bar
~350 - Splitter

It makes WAY more sense to just pay for the OEM option IMO.
Oh sorry. I read people get the 6piston off the Shelby take off website

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1/Power Pack 2
In the vast majority of cases, you are better off, and will save money, by ordering/buying the car you want now, vs. buying a lesser-equipped version, only to "mod it later" to what you wanted. It almost always ends up costing more. Not to mention some of the complexity with retrofitting some electronic items, on today's cars. It can be a lot of headache.

I've seen cases personally, where friends would buy the lesser model, and then go on and spend so much more to add in some features later on, and they all express regret.

IMO, the money should be spent on aftermarket mods, if so inclined, on items that are non-factory upgrades. In other words, don't spend that money making up for factory features you wanted - save it for performance/styling etc. mods that go over and beyond what you want from factory.
Add ons can be expensive. As an example, active exhaust...from Roush, about $3,000 + labor to install. Ford Performance Recaro seats, $3,000 a pair. I got the 2020 Mustang GT Deluxe...it comes with everything you could ever want or need. Get the Performance package 1, or 2 with Magnaride if you can diff one, Active Exhaust....make up that list, and search and grind, get the price you want. This will also pay off when it comes to resale time.

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Add ons can be expensive. As an example, active exhaust...from Roush, about $3,000 + labor to install. Ford Performance Recaro seats, $3,000 a pair. I got the 2020 Mustang GT Deluxe...it comes with everything you could ever want or need. Get the Performance package 1, or 2 with Magnaride if you can diff one, Active Exhaust....make up that list, and search and grind, get the price you want. This will also pay off when it comes to resale time.
Yeah, resale is a great point as well!
In the used market, because of the price differential from new, buyers are much more likely to want the premium features, and will pass the models that lack them.

One of my other friends who works in Used Car sales of a new car dealer, says that certain sports cars that are closer to a base model (or base entirely, with no options) they won't even take it on trade, because they know in their market, it won't sell.

Kingdp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terrell
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
IMG-3739.jpg

IMG-4344.jpg

I bought a 16 premium Ecoboost in 2015(My first Mustang, and car I actually modded as a whole) and if I could go back and do it over again I would have just gotten a Base GT and built it out. Summer 2018 I got a Base GT and did exactly that and only kicked myself because my 2016 would have been paid off by now had I done this instead.

Leatherseats.com Custom Seat Covers-$800
Tesla Screen-$700
PP Dash and Gauges off Ebay $150
Phantom fit Box & Sub, Speaker replacement-$500
Don't care for Blind spot system..
The only other thing it would be nice to have is Active Exhaust for my neighbor's sake
$2150 to turn my Base Model into a Frankenstiened PP Premium
My first time posting but how did you do the PP GAUGES?

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
My first time posting but how did you do the PP GAUGES?
The 2019s and up just have the connection for the PP gauges siting behind the dash above the center vent so there’s was no APIM splicing necessary it was plug and play.
Sponsored