Sponsored

What do you use your "spare tire" space for ?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
So with most new cars they don't give you a spare tire. I know some buy the kit or have a older wheel laying around they get a tire on and put in there. For those of us who don't have a spare in there what do you keep in there? I personally removed the inflator cause well it is useless. Typically you get a flat on the highway it is a flat that thing won't fix. I instead keep a detail kit in there for my car meets or the random bird bomb :) My buddy keeps nothing in their "cause weight savings duh" LOL
Sponsored

Last edited:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
My car came new with the optional spare tire. And the gas filler adapter is down there too.

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
You are nuts not to carry a spare tire with these low profile tires. I have the factory spare so no flatbed tows to a closed tire store on a weekend wrecking my day and car over a roofing nail!

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well yeah, if you're distributing, it holds a decent amount - but for my personal consumption, I use the secret sunglass tray. I kind of go back and forth with my DOP, but even my fave crack pipe fits in there.

Funny thing about that, I legit had no clue that was for sunglasses for a year. I had to be set straight by the forums...for that.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I hate the inflator kit that comes with the car. I’ve used it to inflate a couple of low tires and it didn’t even do that well. I bought a spare tire from Automotive Authority so that’s in the spare tire well, a sizzor jack, 4 way lug wrench and yes the crappy inflator kit.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A full-size spare, because you can't roam the wasteland without one.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My car didn't come with the temp spare and I paid the dealership to supply one with the car. I have a box of goodies in the trunk, spare jacket, hats, tool kit, etc., and made room for the fix-a-flat pump, so I have a choice. I suppose if I ever get a flat on a dark and stormy night, I might be inclined to use the goop, but probably not.

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Subs in a custom fiberglass box...I like it loud especially when the top's down.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
It holds the BAP for the FI setup...and empty space. Many I know use the spare spot to locate an oversized ice tank for their FI setup.
Sponsored