What do you think of louvers

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I don’t like RTR grilles (w/lights) either, and I seem to be the ONLY one.
Your not the only one, those triangle shaped halo lights that go on either side of the grill look to ricey and frankly just look stupid.
Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I would put premium gas in a rental car before I bought louvers for one of my own vehicles. Not going to knock people who feel they are useful. They have their own money and can part with it in a way that makes them happy.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
If your tint is bubbling after a few years you should find a different place to have it done at. The place I get mine done at gives a lifetime warranty but I've also had a car for over 10 years sitting outside every day and not a single bubble on it. Seems like the place you are going isn't using quality tint to begin with and doesn't offer a lifetime warranty either
Never said I ever had the problem happen to me, but I have seen numerous cars on the road with that issue.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I have a real fondness for them, based on a '69 Mach 1 that I used to walk by every day on my way to school back then.

Didn't have them on my '70, and likely won't put them on my '19, though. The look demands a wing-style spoiler, and I have the spoiler delete on mine.

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Among the things I really, really like about this Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition Mustang (photographed in the Petersen Automotive Museum parking structure during a 2009 Tribute To Trans-Am Racing) are the "Minilite-inspired" 19x9/10 wheels (like the black powder-coated set I had), and the rear window louvers.
Mustang Parnelli Jones LRV.jpg

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Among the things I really, really like about this Saleen Parnelli Jones Edition Mustang (photographed in the Petersen Automotive Museum parking structure during a 2009 Tribute To Trans-Am Racing) are the "Minilite-inspired" 19x9/10 wheels (like the black powder-coated set I had), and the rear window louvers.
Mustang Parnelli Jones LRV.jpg
Very nice link, thanks

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Pass.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not a fan at all of any non-functional 'vents' or scoops or things like that, and louvers fall into that same mix.

I kind of like the look, but I saw a aero test many years ago that showed rear window louvers added a lot of rear end lift. So they are not even just non functional, they are anti-functional.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Not a fan myself of the looks. I like seeing out of my back window.

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree with those that say they have no function. Living here in Florida, the sun can be hell on interiors and turn your car into an oven. Louvers do provide shade, and if designed properly, you have more than adequate visibility to the rear. While they do add a little bit of extra time to detailing, for me it is worth the trade-off for styling. I modified mine to not be attached all the way around with 3M tape, but rather, used mounting plates with studs attached with 3M to the rear window and drilled holes around the perimeter of the louvers. Makes them easy to remove for cleaning the window and cleaning the louvers off the car.
IMG_0411.jpg

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1967 Fairlane GTA, 1957 T-Bird & more.
Likem'. Plan on getting the aluminum one for my '19 GT. Would like to get the rear spoiler like on the yellow Mustang (Post #36), similar to my '70 Mach 1. Also, chrome Cragar or Torque Thrust wheels in 18 x 8 or 8.5. Hard to guess but going retro......
Mach pass rr qtr.JPG

Last edited:

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
They looked ok on the S197 Mustangs,which looked like the REAL original Mustang,but they make the S550 like more of a wanna be Mustang !
In general, ya, I like them on a car with retro styling, like my previous ride:

20190419_142309.jpg

I thought that generation definitely needed for example the hood scoop, because it was a pretty blank slate, with not a lot going on in terms of lines.

But I got my current one in a light color because this gen has so much visual interest designed in. And I don't care for the zig-zag louvers I've seen in this thread because of the visual sag in the middle for the high-mounted brake light I guess.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
In general, ya, I like them on a car with retro styling, like my previous ride:

20190419_142309.jpg

I thought that generation definitely needed for example the hood scoop, because it was a pretty blank slate, with not a lot going on in terms of lines.

But I got my current one in a light color because this gen has so much visual interest designed in. And I don't care for the zig-zag louvers I've seen in this thread because of the visual sag in the middle for the high-mounted brake light I guess.
p.s. I will miss how they keep my dog cool in the back seat.
Sponsored